Converted from BBZ30 (BB10) to PRIV (Android 6) a while ago. Here's a list of problems I've found and some suggestions for improvements:

(Note: Most of these don't have to do with the actual BlackBerry Launcher, but I didn't see a more suitable category. Sorry if I'm just stupid...)

- No built-in Voice Recorder for Notes like on BB10

- Not able to open links to internet in Notes like on BB10

- Google Docs can't open any documents I moved from my BBZ30 to the PRIV

- Hub is very slow to open and laggy even with almost nothing to load. I wish you could just swipe right to access it like BB10. (I do use the widget but it's not the same because the widget isn't the full Hub)

- Calculator doesn't have a built-in unit converter or tip calculator like on BB10

- Chrome's home button disappears and it's really slow. It's also not as easy to clear your cache and history which I regularly do.
    PLEASE bring back the BlackBerry 10 browser!

- YouTube doesn't continue playing audio after it's been "minimised" like on BB10.

- No File Manager (WTF? What kind of phone doesn't have a pre-installed file manager?)

- No Weather App
    (Google News & Weather is useless)

- Unable to customize "Quick Settings"

- Can be SUPER laggy at the most random times

- Every time I restart it, the phone literally loses it's mind. It overheats, no widgets load, it gets so slow I can't even open the "All Apps Drawer"

- Battery Life is HORRIBLE and phone sometimes extremely overheats even when just charging and it's not being used

I'd like to add that I regularly clear cache files and I find that clearing the cache files of apps (especially social networking apps) really does help. I also make sure to close all open apps as well.

Bottom Line: I have never appreciated BB10 as much as I do now that I've really experienced Android!
    Last edited by splatzbat27; 11-20-16 at 08:02 AM.
    10-11-16 01:48 PM
    You've listed a number of things here that aren't (to my mind at least) issues with the BB launcher. And remember, this isn't a BB 10 device. It's an Android device with some BB 10 style features. But let's deal with a couple.

First, you'll want to check this out. It's not the exact same as swiping into the Hub, but it works well. How to set up the BlackBerry Hub widget on Android | CrackBerry.com

You will not see the BB 10 browser on an Android BlackBerry. There are too many excellent browsers for Android already and BlackBerry won't be putting the resources into producing another.

If you feel the Hub is not working as quickly as it should, go to Settings > Apps > Internal Storage. Open BlackBerry Hub+ Services and clear the cache. (Note that if you clear the data, you'll have to reenter some accounts.) You could also clear cache for the BlackBerry launcher.
    10-11-16 02:11 PM
    I'm fully aware that this device is running Android (Android is horrible). I've already used the hun widget, you can't do anything with the widget other than opening emails or messages so it's frustrating. Another thing I miss from BB10's hub is that a delete button appears on the message when I've opened it and exited.

(This is unrelated, but today my PRIV burned my hand. It wasn't charging and I wasn't using it for half an hour. I picked it up to send a text and it was insanely hot.)

I did update my Priv today, hope a lot of things are better.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-12-16 07:01 AM
    Another thing I miss from BB10's hub is that a delete button appears on the message when I've opened it and exited.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    You can set up the Hub to delete any message by swiping the message to the right or to the left or both ways to delete it. You can swipe delete any time. No need to open and close the message first or to hit the quick action button as in BB10.
    10-12-16 11:00 AM
    The only reason YouTube could be minimized and still worked is that they didn't bother to update the app. No YouTube apps work minimized now unless you subscribe to a special product with YouTube.

There was not enough people on BB10 to bother updating the app.
    11-03-16 04:37 PM
    The only reason YouTube could be minimized and still worked is that they didn't bother to update the app. No YouTube apps work minimized now unless you subscribe to a special product with YouTube.

There was not enough people on BB10 to bother updating the app.
    YouTube on BB10 is just a Web link. The BB10 browser can play in the background.

On Android, the Chrome Browser and the YouTube app have intentionally been coded to not allow background operation. However, other browsers like Firefox have no such limitations, and there are a number of 3rd party apps that work as well.
    11-03-16 05:06 PM