https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-u...phone-6-6-plus

Would it be possible for BlackBerry to introduce this one day?
    O/c, ideally it would be nice to have this function while any app is open, but even if it would only work for the two upper row icons on your home screens, that would be a wonderful thing.

Maybe use the space bar or the navigation circle for the double tap?

Would be nice to introduce this to your customized version of Orea (together with locker mode).

P.S. Anybody know if there perhaps is an app that allows this function ATM?
    12-15-17 12:56 PM
    Xda developed an app that shrinks the screen. Slightly different functionality, bur same result.
    WT44 likes this.
    12-15-17 04:02 PM
    12-15-17 04:04 PM
    Thanks. Looks promising. I have never downloaded any third party app due to all the viruses/ trojan horses/ spy wear I read about that you can get after downloading certain apps from certain places (e.g. alternative app stores and what not, forums etc.), but it seems that I should finally try to invest some time in all of this as I definitely want this feature.

Sorry for the total n00b question, but is that site and app considered safe? Do you or anybody else have experience with this particular app? Think I will follow these instructions: https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-...s-easy-0169382

BTW, I hope your suggestion does NOT entail that BlackBerry exempts themselves from creating a native solution!!!! which, in the end, is always preferable.
    12-16-17 12:47 PM
    This is brilliant! I absolutely hate reaching out with my thumb....just a phone drop waiting to happen!
    12-16-17 03:58 PM
    Well, it's unlikely that blackberry will bother. But you never know.

And as for security, I would trust XDA labs before even the Google Play store.

Especially an app written and built by them.
    WT44 likes this.
    12-16-17 09:57 PM