Purchased my Keyone on the 31st (first BlackBerry BTW) and have been using it without any issues until today. I never dropped the phone, and I applied a case the very first day I got it.

My phone was safe in my pocket and I was connected to my car's Bluetooth playing music. After about five minutes I took my phone out of my pocket and the screen was flashing an extremely bright white. The white would slightly darken and I would faintly see my home screen and it would get extremely bright again. One of my purple app icons started turning green so I thought maybe I somehow turned on the inverted color option in the accessibility settings. I squinted my way to the settings and found it was still switched off so I performed a hard reset and found the display still flashing once I turned the phone back on. I performed a countless number of resets and the display was still flashing sporadically. I played with the brightness slider and went from the lowest to the brightest and after about a 30 minutes the display corrected itself. I'm unsure whether it's a software issue or a hardware issue but either way I plan on contacting BlackBerry about the issue just to have it documented for the next time it happens. I'd imagine something like that is covered in the limited warranty. Anyways just thought I'd share.
    06-16-17 12:13 AM
    There have been others that have had other display issues such as red lines, image burn etc. I would hazard to error on the side of a replacement on warranty.
    06-16-17 12:20 AM
    What're my chances of BlackBerry honoring something like that? I planned on purchasing a SquareTrade plan in the next week but I'd prefer to not spend money on a deductible if it came down to it.
    06-16-17 12:25 AM
    BlackBerry Mobile said they would warranty and Honor these issues already. Those that bought via Amazon have just did a return through there. for myself, I am still waiting for an unlocked purchase option. haha.
    06-16-17 12:30 AM
    Sorry to read you're having a display problem, I feel for you. It would sadden me if that happened to me and I sincerely hope you find a prompt resolution.

I know the author doesn't have image burn, but I read it in here that some people say they do already.

Screen "burn in" is practically impossible on a brand new LCD screen that has not been used for the multi-thousand hour life span of any modern LCD display and if it is somehow doing this already on a KEYone or any LCD display, it is definitely a warranty issue and a "one of" thing.

Even cheap LCD will not see any image burn that quick if ever at all. Not to sound confrontational by any means, just doesn't seem to make sense to me.

My main PRIV has image burn because it's an AMOLED display. The original PS Vita also had image burn because its that same kind of screen. That's why Sony moved to LCD on the PS Vita Slim. That's also why I believe BlackBerry Mobile chose LCD for the KEYone as well as permanent navigation keys.
    06-16-17 10:19 PM