Has anyone solved the Outlook hub issue?

Absolutely impossible to send emails from outlook account via hub. Also says 'loading' when trying to read emails but they never load.

Really urgently need my emails to work. It's the damn reason I have a BlackBerry!

No idea what is happening and seems many people having this issue right now.

Has anyone figured out a solution to this?

Cheers in advance
    08-30-19 07:01 PM
    Has anyone solved the Outlook hub issue?

Absolutely impossible to send emails from outlook account via hub. Also says 'loading' when trying to read emails but they never load.

Really urgently need my emails to work. It's the damn reason I have a BlackBerry!

No idea what is happening and seems many people having this issue right now.

Has anyone figured out a solution to this?

Cheers in advance
    Are you using Outlook.com? Cloud Exchange? The Outlook Android app? It would help us troubleshoot if we knew:

1) your email provider.
    2) your account setup specs in the Hub
    3) whether or not you have any other email apps on your phone accessing the same account.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    08-30-19 07:05 PM
    Are you using Outlook.com? Cloud Exchange? The Outlook Android app? It would help us troubleshoot if we knew:

1) your email provider.
    2) your account setup specs in the Hub
    3) whether or not you have any other email apps on your phone accessing the same account.

Regular outlook.com email

I'm using the hub

Both my outlook.com email addresses are not sending emails (they just sit in the outbox) and when I click on emails in the hub on those outlook accounts, it just says 'loading your message' forever.

Seen other threads in here with people having the precise same issue but no clear resolutions
    08-30-19 07:08 PM
    Oh and I don't use any other email apps, just hub
    08-30-19 07:09 PM
    Attached screenshot. This is what happens when I tap an email in the hub on my outlook account. And as I say, impossible to send emails too.
    Attached Thumbnails Solution to Outlook Hub Issue?-screenshot_20190831-011124-2.png  
    08-30-19 07:14 PM
    It might be worth checking the settings for your outbound email server in the Hub. I just tested my Outlook.com account. And it worked perfectly and instantly on my KEYone.

Here are my settings:

Server: m.hotmail.com port 443 SSL/TLS
    Reject untrusted connections.

BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    08-30-19 07:15 PM
    It might be worth checking the settings for your outbound email server in the Hub. I just tested my Outlook.com account. And it worked perfectly and instantly on my KEYone.

Here are my settings:

Server: m.hotmail.com port 443 SSL/TLS
    Reject untrusted connections.

Thanks. I just tried changing to those settings. The server was office365 not hotmail. Made the change and the problem unfortunately persists.

Been a Hub user since the beginning with an outlook account and never run into this problem. Very sad I am now having to download a new email client.
    08-30-19 07:23 PM
    Yeah. I think those settings were old, but they were still working for me. I'm going to update to the current settings and see if I can do any better than you.

08-30-19 07:27 PM
    For reference, here's the Outlook.com configuration settings.

https://support.office.com/en-us/art...4-9c414e2aa040

There seems to be a known issue on Microsoft's side for users who (like me) have IMAP configured on multiple devices.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    08-30-19 07:31 PM
    For reference, here's the Outlook.com configuration settings.

https://support.office.com/en-us/art...4-9c414e2aa040

There seems to be a known issue on Microsoft's side for users who (like me) have IMAP configured on multiple devices.
    You're a lifesaver. I did the manual setup and it worked. I've never had to do that EVER before, but it's working now. Thank you.
    08-30-19 07:50 PM
    Okay, I deleted and re-added my account using automatic settings. In doing so, I was sent an email from "Microsoft Outlook" with the subject line, "ACTION REQUIRED TO SYNC EMAIL" When I opened it, it was an invitation to "Get Outlook for Android" with a smaller link below, "Use another Mail app instead".

I clicked on the "Use another..." link and I am able to send emails from my Outlook account, but it is still not syncing correctly. I'm going to sleep on this and reinvestigate tomorrow.
    08-30-19 07:57 PM
    Okay, I deleted and re-added my account using automatic settings. In doing so, I was sent an email from "Microsoft Outlook" with the subject line, "ACTION REQUIRED TO SYNC EMAIL" When I opened it, it was an invitation to "Get Outlook for Android" with a smaller link below, "Use another Mail app instead".

I clicked on the "Use another..." link and I am able to send emails from my Outlook account, but it is still not syncing correctly. I'm going to sleep on this and reinvestigate tomorrow.
    Yes, I just tried manually setting up my other outlook account and that one isn't working.

I saw those emails but they have disappeared, so I am unable to click 'use another...'

Outlook has really screwed us over here. I need to use Hub with Outlook. It's my go-to app.
    08-30-19 07:58 PM
    You're a lifesaver. I did the manual setup and it worked. I've never had to do that EVER before, but it's working now. Thank you.
    Ha! Now MY account won't sync. I'll go through the manual setup in the morning. But I'm really glad I could help, and I'm sure I'll get mine working tomorrow.
    08-30-19 08:00 PM
    Ha! Now MY account won't sync. I'll go through the manual setup in the morning. But I'm really glad I could help, and I'm sure I'll get mine working tomorrow.
    !!! Something very funny is going on. Sorry for screwing up your sync! Mine is no longer working. Do let me know if you figure it out!
    08-30-19 08:05 PM
    It seems to me that Outlook is requiring that you either use their Outlook app, or the Gmail app - and they're making it very hard to use anything else.

i can't get it to work on Hub any more.

https://support.office.com/en-us/art...8-edd7c265df9f
    08-30-19 11:35 PM
    I've been at this for hours. It appears that Microsoft has made it difficult for users to use anything other than their official Outlook app for Android.

My theory was that I needed a Microsoft 'App Password' to authenticate a login via BlackBerry hub. I downloaded the Microsoft authenticator. It seems to work....but not with the Hub. It doesn't even recognise a login.

I've been on to Microsoft support but of course, they are completely incompetent and reading off a script. Nobody knew what I was talking about and told me that it is a BlackBerry issue. They didn't understand it was a blackberry android app.

No luck. Sadly coming to the realization I might have to ditch the Hub and start using multiple apps to manage my messages instead. Not happy.
    08-31-19 12:51 AM
    I'm not giving up yet. But I will quite outlook.com before I quit the Hub. My business runs on Office 365, and that, using a Cloud Exchange server, runs perfectly in the Hub.

One of my goals in 2020 is to delete ALL of my data mining "free" email accounts and move to zero knowledge services using disposable, but custom, domains. If Outlook.com can't be made to play nice with the Hub, then I'll focus on it first.

08-31-19 06:36 AM
    I'm not giving up yet. But I will quite outlook.com before I quit the Hub. My business runs on Office 365, and that, using a Cloud Exchange server, runs perfectly in the Hub.

One of my goals in 2020 is to delete ALL of my data mining "free" email accounts and move to zero knowledge services using disposable, but custom, domains. If Outlook.com can't be made to play nice with the Hub, then I'll focus on it first.

It's just a hassle to change my emails at this point. Let me know if you have any success, I'm hating not using the Hub
    08-31-19 08:44 AM
    Just to chime in here, but the Hub is still running fine on my Galaxy S9 and my Amazon Fire tablet HD8. I have both my work email - and actual Office 365 account, and my personal outlook.com account on the S9. Only my personal on the Fire tablet. Both sending and receiving without issue.

The server for my outlook.com account is set for outlook.office365.com on both devices. Both set as an Exchange account.

At one time, EAS.outlook.com was used.

Don't know if running on a BlackBerry device makes a difference, but it shouldn't.
    08-31-19 10:44 AM
    Just to chime in here, but the Hub is still running fine on my Galaxy S9 and my Amazon Fire tablet HD8. I have both my work email - and actual Office 365 account, and my personal outlook.com account on the S9. Only my personal on the Fire tablet. Both sending and receiving without issue.

The server for my outlook.com account is set for outlook.office365.com on both devices. Both set as an Exchange account.

At one time, EAS.outlook.com was used.

Don't know if running on a BlackBerry device makes a difference, but it shouldn't.
    Thanks. I would be interested to know if you removed the account and added it again, whether it would still work. Though I would advise against doing it as our friend above in the chat here lost access to Outlook when doing that!!

It's still working fine for my KeyOne, but stopped working on my new blackberry Evolve.
    08-31-19 05:04 PM
    Not the IT guy here but I’ve used both outlook accounts and o365 account.

Possible that problem with hub requiring 2FA with company account. Outlook and O365 haven’t been playing nicely with the hub since beginning of the year. I’ve been forced to use outlook app for the personal outlook/live/hotmail type accounts.

The hub is fine once the email was changed off the O365 back to GoDaddy since I dropped a client. The problem in my case was the client for one blocked mobile device access line we’re back in 2003 and the other was 2FA was needed and hub couldn’t handle. LiamQ had setup instructions to use as go around but way above my knowledge or needs.

Whichever thread it was in @BigBadWulf had participation

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...ution-1155364/

This should be the one
    08-31-19 07:34 PM

Possible that problem with hub requiring 2FA with company account. Outlook and O365 haven’t been playing nicely with the hub since beginning of the year. I’ve been forced to use outlook app for the personal outlook/live/hotmail type accounts.

The hub is fine once the email was changed off the O365 back to GoDaddy since I dropped a client. The problem in my case was the client for one blocked mobile device access line we’re back in 2003 and the other was 2FA was needed and hub couldn’t handle. LiamQ had setup instructions to use as go around but way above my knowledge or needs.

This should be the one
    I have had ZERO problems with my Enterprise Office 365 account, for which I am the admn of my own cloud Exchange server. However, there are many ways to lock down the server, so different organizations may or may not allow third party email clients.

I'm am fairly sure that Outlook.com can be configured to use the Hub, but that I set it up too quickly and missed a step. I will try again sometime, for this forum, but will be retiring my outlook.com account so don't feel any urgency.

09-01-19 08:14 AM

This should be the one
    Unfortunately I'm not a techie so I don't understand any of that. Thank you for your help though.

Very sad to say I am retiring the BlackBerry Hub...And using a million different apps for all my messages now...

A huge shame.
    09-01-19 03:13 PM
    Unfortunately I'm not a techie so I don't understand any of that. Thank you for your help though.

Very sad to say I am retiring the BlackBerry Hub...And using a million different apps for all my messages now...

A huge shame.
    I'm not yet convinced that anything is broken here. Outlook.com has always played very nicely with the Hub, and, since Cloud Exchange (which is likely shares a common security model) works so well, I would check these forums a week or so from now.

09-01-19 04:40 PM
    I'm not yet convinced that anything is broken here. Outlook.com has always played very nicely with the Hub, and, since Cloud Exchange (which is likely shares a common security model) works so well, I would check these forums a week or so from now.

What? No, something IS broken. Did you see the other user above experience the same problem as me after removing and re-adding his account?

I'm not inventing a problem.
    09-01-19 04:42 PM
44 12