Hello BlackBerry fans!

While not a regular poster, I am a regular to CrackBerry. BlackBerry has been my primary phone for as long as I can remember, most recently the Passport. I'm sure most on this site know the reason for abandoning the Passport. So, I took the plunge...

My KEYone arrived this morning. The reason for this post is simply to ask if there are any potential pitfalls to watch for or special tips or tricks? I read that some people had setup new google account for their solely for their Keyone. My initial thought is that's not a bad idea.

I bow before the Lords of Crackberry with a simple request that they may impart their knowledge, thoughts, wisdom or if need be, rude remarks.

Thanks guy!
    02-24-18 02:56 PM
    Hello BlackBerry fans!

While not a regular poster, I am a regular to CrackBerry. BlackBerry has been my primary phone for as long as I can remember, most recently the Passport. I'm sure most on this site know the reason for abandoning the Passport. So, I took the plunge...

My KEYone arrived this morning. The reason for this post is simply to ask if there are any potential pitfalls to watch for or special tips or tricks? I read that some people had setup new google account for their solely for their Keyone. My initial thought is that's not a bad idea.

I bow before the Lords of Crackberry with a simple request that they may impart their knowledge, thoughts, wisdom or if need be, rude remarks.

Thanks guy!
    If you don't already have a Google account, for Gmail at least, setting a new account up is not a bad idea. Years ago, you had to set up Gmail type account to use Android. Nowadays you don't have too, you can use an existing type email account to set up a Google account.

The advantage to setting up a separate Gmail type Google account is you can analyze spam, data collection and other quirks that people concern themselves with. This can hopefully give you some comfort that Google isn't the complete evilness people tell each other. You can find out unbiased for yourself.
    02-24-18 04:50 PM
    thanks for the input
    02-25-18 02:18 PM
    Check the sticky called tips and tricks, the ones not written down. I read the whole thing and it helped me a LOT because I have always had blackberry and never had android.
    02-25-18 03:47 PM