SOLVED!!!! See the 2nd page of this thread for how I solved this challenge...

I spent some time trying to find a discussion about this on CB without any luck. I have been using a Key2 LE (sorry - forgot the LE in the title) for some time and a couple of months ago something must have happened and now every time that I go to send an e-mail (Exchange 365 - Push), it shows the e-mail in the Outbox with the clock icon and it will take somewhere between 20 seconds and 3+ minutes before it shows it being sent. It used to send pretty much immediately but it no longer does that. I installed the Outlook App as a troubleshooting and that sends out immediately so it's clearly not my server connection. I also called Microsoft to troubleshoot but once we tried Outlook and it worked they concluded it was Hub+ delaying the send. The sense I have is that Hub+ seems to be delaying sending to a specific interval and depending on when I hit send vs the interval sometimes it can take 20 seconds but other times it's much longer. Meanwhile I have tested receiving e-mails and they come through pretty much immediately.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I might be able to do? I have tried changing Inbox and BlackBerry Hub Services to not battery optimized but that did nothing. I also have checked my server settings (they were ok) and I checked that data usage was unrestricted. I am definitely using the Push setting.

The ONLY thing that I can try that I haven't is my Blackberry Hub Services app shows that it can be updated (per the Play Store). Same for Inbox app. I am not a fan of updating apps in general in case new bugs materialize but I can try updating these if needed. I am just hesitant in case the newer versions cause other/new problems...

Thank You!
    Jeremy
    Last edited by jeremyr4; 08-01-20 at 11:44 PM.
    06-24-20 10:31 PM
    I spent some time trying to find a discussion about this on CB without any luck. I have been using a Key2 LE (sorry - forgot the LE in the title) for some time and a couple of months ago something must have happened and now every time that I go to send an e-mail (Exchange 365 - Push), it shows the e-mail in the Outbox with the clock icon and it will take somewhere between 20 seconds and 3+ minutes before it shows it being sent. It used to send pretty much immediately but it no longer does that. I installed the Outlook App as a troubleshooting and that sends out immediately so it's clearly not my server connection. I also called Microsoft to troubleshoot but once we tried Outlook and it worked they concluded it was Hub+ delaying the send. The sense I have is that Hub+ seems to be delaying sending to a specific interval and depending on when I hit send vs the interval sometimes it can take 20 seconds but other times it's much longer. Meanwhile I have tested receiving e-mails and they come through pretty much immediately.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I might be able to do? I have tried changing Inbox and BlackBerry Hub Services to not battery optimized but that did nothing. I also have checked my server settings (they were ok) and I checked that data usage was unrestricted. I am definitely using the Push setting.

The ONLY thing that I can try that I haven't is my Blackberry Hub Services app shows that it can be updated (per the Play Store). Same for Inbox app. I am not a fan of updating apps in general in case new bugs materialize but I can try updating these if needed. I am just hesitant in case the newer versions cause other/new problems...

Thank You!
    Jeremy
    I believe your not updating is part of problem. However, updating sometimes breaks other things.

Long ago, I stopped running Apple, Google and Microsoft email domains through other email clients. I assume their email clients, are optimized for their email services. I’ve found hub is good for domains you own and control
    06-24-20 11:54 PM
    I believe your not updating is part of problem. However, updating sometimes breaks other things.

Long ago, I stopped running Apple, Google and Microsoft email domains through other email clients. I assume their email clients, are optimized for their email services. I’ve found hub is good for domains you own and control
    Thanks Chuck. Yes - I am hesitant to update in case new things break, as this is the only issue I am noticing.

Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions on how to fix this? Thank you!
    06-25-20 01:17 PM
    Thanks Chuck. Yes - I am hesitant to update in case new things break, as this is the only issue I am noticing.

Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions on how to fix this? Thank you!
    No good answer that you’ll like. I’d suggest update. If breaks anything then downgrade backwards
    06-25-20 02:59 PM
    No good answer that you’ll like. I’d suggest update. If breaks anything then downgrade backwards
    Thanks Chuck. Quick amateur question: If I install the update then will it be as simple as selecting "rollback to previous version" or something similar to downgrade or will I need to go through a series of steps? I am asking because I am not at all familiar with downgrading and if it's an extensive process then I might not be able to pull it off easily. Thanks!
    06-25-20 08:58 PM
    Thanks Chuck. Quick amateur question: If I install the update then will it be as simple as selecting "rollback to previous version" or something similar to downgrade or will I need to go through a series of steps? I am asking because I am not at all familiar with downgrading and if it's an extensive process then I might not be able to pull it off easily. Thanks!
    To roll back, you'll need to uninstall updates then set up the app as if freshly installed.
    06-25-20 09:11 PM
    Thanks Chuck. Quick amateur question: If I install the update
    I'd update Hub+ Services first though. If you have to roll back you'll not have to set up your email again.

OTOH, I am running the latest versions of everything without issue so you'll be fine.
    bh7171 likes this.
    06-25-20 09:15 PM
    I'd update Hub+ Services first though. If you have to roll back you'll not have to set up your email again.

OTOH, I am running the latest versions of everything without issue so you'll be fine.
    Thanks for the feedback Ben. How do you uninstall an update? Is it as easy as just selecting that somewhere and it reverts back to the previous version? Sorry if it's obvious - I have never attempted that before and I don't know my way around Android well enough to do it in some roundabout way...
    06-25-20 11:01 PM
    Thanks for the feedback Ben. How do you uninstall an update? Is it as easy as just selecting that somewhere and it reverts back to the previous version? Sorry if it's obvious - I have never attempted that before and I don't know my way around Android well enough to do it in some roundabout way...
    Yes, just the push of a button. If you navigate to the app in the Play Store you should see an uninstall button.
    However, if you uninstall Hub+ Services you will lose notes and tasks as that's where they're stored - unless you have them syncing to the cloud.
    06-26-20 05:49 AM
    Yes, just the push of a button. If you navigate to the app in the Play Store you should see an uninstall button.
    However, if you uninstall Hub+ Services you will lose notes and tasks as that's where they're stored - unless you have them syncing to the cloud.
    Ben, I think that is how your uninstall the App but is the update itself uninstalled the same way? Sorry for my confusion here and thanks for your help.
    06-26-20 05:38 PM
    Ben, I think that is how your uninstall the App but is the update itself uninstalled the same way? Sorry for my confusion here and thanks for your help.
    Uninstall removes the app entirety or if system app, it rolls you back to original installed version
    06-26-20 10:09 PM
    Uninstall removes the app entirety or if system app, it rolls you back to original installed version
    Thanks Chuck. So I go back to my original question - is there an issue way to rollback to a previous version of an App (ie. uninstall an update - not the App itself) once you install an update? Thanks.
    06-26-20 10:42 PM
    Thanks Chuck. So I go back to my original question - is there an issue way to rollback to a previous version of an App (ie. uninstall an update - not the App itself) once you install an update? Thanks.
    Personally, I’m not sure how it’s done. Some like @conite or many others can explain better.

I’m sorry but I just use the latest versions of whatever app. I’m very impatient since BBOS morphed into BB10 seven+ years ago. I float between Android/iOS hardware using whatever is better that day.
    06-26-20 11:16 PM
    You can't roll back a single version. You remove it entirely, or go back to the originally installed version by disabling.
    06-26-20 11:18 PM
    You can't roll back a single version. You remove it entirely, or go back to the originally installed version by disabling.
    Conite, thanks very much for the info. Can you walk me through how you back to the originally installed version? My hope is to try updates Blackberry Hub+ Services first and if anything goes wrong (ie. battery drain, other odd bugs, etc) then I would love the option to go back to the originally installed version easily. Also, not sure if you have a guess but if I am having a slight (ie. 20 second - 3 minute) delay in my e-mails going out via Exchange 365 push with the hub then would you suggest I try the Hub+ Services or the Inbox app? My guess is that it's the Hub+ Services (possibly) vs the Inbox app but I am a complete amateur so I will defer to you for your knowledge! Thank you :-)
    06-27-20 02:24 PM
    Conite, thanks very much for the info. Can you walk me through how you back to the originally installed version? My hope is to try updates Blackberry Hub+ Services first and if anything goes wrong (ie. battery drain, other odd bugs, etc) then I would love the option to go back to the originally installed version easily. Also, not sure if you have a guess but if I am having a slight (ie. 20 second - 3 minute) delay in my e-mails going out via Exchange 365 push with the hub then would you suggest I try the Hub+ Services or the Inbox app? My guess is that it's the Hub+ Services (possibly) vs the Inbox app but I am a complete amateur so I will defer to you for your knowledge! Thank you :-)
    07-02-20 05:59 PM
    It's best to keep all of the BlackBerry apps in sync with each other. Don't use an old "this" and a new "that".

When you disable a system app, it usually reverts it to the version that was part of the last OS update, or even earlier.
    07-02-20 06:51 PM
    It's best to keep all of the BlackBerry apps in sync with each other. Don't use an old "this" and a new "that".

When you disable a system app, it usually reverts it to the version that was part of the last OS update, or even earlier.
    Got it - thanks. I think I am going to leave things as-is for now. It's annoying to have to wait for e-mails to go out but nothing else is broken and I don't feel like breaking anything else! Thanks again for your help - I appreciate it.
    07-02-20 10:03 PM
    Got it - thanks. I think I am going to leave things as-is for now. It's annoying to have to wait for e-mails to go out but nothing else is broken and I don't feel like breaking anything else! Thanks again for your help - I appreciate it.
    Just update the Hub suite apps and your problem will go away. No need to go back. I have the latest HUB apps on my Black Edition Key One and Samsung S9 all operating perfectly fine. One on Oreo 8.1 and one on Android 10.

My mother in law was having your issues on her S7 Edge and first thing I did was update all her apps she used to fail to do. Everything immediately started receiving and sending normally.

The apps are updated for a reason and in this case specifically for the software on your Key2 LE.
    07-03-20 01:28 AM
    I have the latest version of the Hub running on my KeyOne BE edition and Unihertz Titan, both are running without issue. I wouldn't be able to tolerate the problem you describe. I would keep all of your Blackberry apps up to date if I was you. There have been no new features in the Hub for sometime just bug fixes... One of these fixes could have solved the problem you are suffering.
    07-03-20 01:52 AM
    Thanks for everyone's feedback - I appreciate it. I might give it a try - not sure as I just don't want to break anything. Thanks again!
    07-03-20 05:38 PM
    My apps are all updated to the latest versions; however, I am experiencing the same issue as the OP. There is a delay when sending Exchange messages through the Hub. I also have the same account set up on an iPhone 11 and do not have a problem sending emails.
    07-06-20 01:09 AM
    My apps are all updated to the latest versions; however, I am experiencing the same issue as the OP. There is a delay when sending Exchange messages through the Hub. I also have the same account set up on an iPhone 11 and do not have a problem sending emails.
    Very interesting - thanks for letting us know. Are you using Exchange 365 (Office 365)? And when did you start having the challenge? I think mine started around 2-3 months ago but I can't remember for sure...
    07-08-20 12:04 AM
    I'm not sure when the problem started. It seems to be working okay now. I did a 30 second reset after downloading several updates (non-BlackBerry apps). My account is on Exchange 2016.
    07-09-20 04:47 PM
    I'm not sure when the problem started. It seems to be working okay now. I did a 30 second reset after downloading several updates (non-BlackBerry apps). My account is on Exchange 2016.
    Thanks for the update. What is a "30 second reset"? I will give that a try once I know how to do it :-) Thanks!
    07-09-20 06:13 PM
38 12