Well Blackberry mobile support have acknowledged that there were server issues, so the expectation was to get those resolved.

And let’s say third parties were another factor, they need to take a leaf out of apples book, and that of other manufactures in the android space. So many of them have rolled out current updates, and Blackberry customers are languishing on December and November and some even on earlier updates
    There's a site on another thread showing BB has delivered the updates to BBMo/TCL servers. BB does its part to get paid as soon as possible. If you're on factory unlocked devices, there's nothing blocking your device by your carrier.

If you're carrier locked, that's between you and your carrier. The carriers aren't negotiating with OEMs to allow bypassing. Apple negotiated that with AT&T when they rolled out iPhone and required other carriers to comply to carry iPhone. That was years ago. Right now, there's still no one with Apple's might.
    01-10-18 06:18 AM
    There's a site on another thread showing BB has delivered the updates to BBMo/TCL servers. BB does its part to get paid as soon as possible. If you're on factory unlocked devices, there's nothing blocking your device by your carrier.

If you're carrier locked, that's between you and your carrier. The carriers aren't negotiating with OEMs to allow bypassing. Apple negotiated that with AT&T when they rolled out iPhone and required other carriers to comply to carry iPhone. That was years ago. Right now, there's still no one with Apple's might.
    The point is BlackBerry Mobile has admitted to their being server issues. I'm glad it's resolved, and updates are starting to tricked out. End of story.

And leave Apple aside, how does google, Samsung, xIaomi etc get their updates faster than BlackBerry / BlackBerry mobile?

In any case, glad issues with server seem resolved. Hope to get the updates soon
    01-10-18 06:23 AM
    Well Blackberry mobile support have acknowledged that there were server issues, so the expectation was to get those resolved.

And let’s say third parties were another factor, they need to take a leaf out of apples book, and that of other manufactures in the android space. So many of them have rolled out current updates, and Blackberry customers are languishing on December and November and some even on earlier updates
    "Languishing" on the most recent update? A bit hyperbolic don't you think?
    01-10-18 06:42 AM

In any case, glad issues with server seem resolved. Hope to get the updates soon
    In all sincerity, how does this chart demonstrate 1) there were server issues, and 2) if there were, they've been "resolved" ?

And keep in mind that these are all hosted in the same place (you can trace).

Security updates seems far away-notable-00023.jpg
    01-10-18 08:16 AM
    In all sincerity, how does this chart demonstrate 1) there were server issues, and 2) if there were, they've been "resolved" ?

And keep in mind that these are all hosted in the same place (you can trace).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NOTABLE-00023.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	433160
    Conite, I'd prefer to believe what BlackBerry mobile support told me, and indeed a few other people. Speculating over charts is all fine and dandy until the company responds. Now that they have, it should put all speculation to rest, imo.

He said the issues with the servers were 'close to being resolved, and they were targeting a Jan 15th rollout. Lets see if that happens.
    01-10-18 09:47 AM
    Conite, I'd prefer to believe what BlackBerry mobile support told me, and indeed a few other people. Speculating over charts is all fine and dandy until the company responds. Now that they have, it should put all speculation to rest, imo.

He said the issues with the servers were 'close to being resolved, and they were targeting a Jan 15th rollout. Lets see if that happens.
    The point has been that chart of the updates delivered showed they were on company servers. All servers aren't down nor would that prevent updates from being pushed out via the servers up and running. Their answer sounds plausible until you bring up evidence that it's not.
    01-10-18 09:50 AM
    The point has been that chart of the updates delivered showed they were on company servers. All servers aren't down nor would that prevent updates from being pushed out via the servers up and running. Their answer sounds plausible until you bring up evidence that it's not.
    I don’t understand, are Blackberry mobile liars?

Look, no one knows how the servers work, maybe the updates were there, but there was trouble pushing them out to devices? Possible.

In any case, the official company line, as told on those phone, and to some over email, is they had server issues, so we can put the speculation to rest. Hopefully we’ll get the updates soon
    01-10-18 10:03 AM
    I don’t understand, are Blackberry mobile liars?

Look, no one knows how the servers work, maybe the updates were there, but there was trouble pushing them out to devices? Possible.

In any case, the official company line, as told on those phone, and to some over email, is they had server issues, so we can put the speculation to rest. Hopefully we’ll get the updates soon
    There's no need "official" line, just blurring of the lines. It's vague, opaque corporate speak when there's no known answer or the real answer can't be fully shared for whatever reason.

When online trading first took off in late 90s dot com Era, we used similar talk because we didn't have time for explaining minutia to each customer with thousands of calls holding and the NYSE breathing down our necks to answer calls faster.
    01-10-18 10:10 AM
    There's no need "official" line, just blurring of the lines. It's vague, opaque corporate speak when there's no known answer or the real answer can't be fully shared for whatever reason.

When online trading first took off in late 90s dot com Era, we used similar talk because we didn't have time for explaining minutia to each customer with thousands of calls holding and the NYSE breathing down our necks to answer calls faster.
    Wow. Can’t trust Blackberry mobile then.

What I f8nd incredulous is, some anonymous internet posters feel they should be believed Over people employed by the company to address customer issues.

You guys are just speculating. That is all.

The company claims server issues, and until ‘official representatives’ of the company claim otherwise, I’m not buying 8nto ya more speculation.

You do understand, server issues could still allow updates to sit on the server but restrict their ability to be pushed out, fully. Unless you guys know how Blackberry and Blackberry mobile servers work, why are you so hell bent on disputing every other reason that explains the delays
    01-10-18 10:13 AM
    Wow. Can’t trust Blackberry mobile then.

What I f8nd incredulous is, some anonymous internet posters feel they should be believed Over people employed by the company to address customer issues.

You guys are just speculating. That is all.

The company claims server issues, and until ‘official representatives’ of the company claim otherwise, I’m not buying 8nto ya more speculation.

You do understand, server issues could still allow updates to sit on the server but restrict their ability to be pushed out, fully. Unless you guys know how Blackberry and Blackberry mobile servers work, why are you so hell bent on disputing every other reason that explains the delays
    I'm no IT guy but pretty simple for me to understand. The servers are pushing out the updates to people respective of their locale. People are getting the same updates from multiple servers automatically while those servers don't reach affected users in certain jurisdictions over and over.

It's also been documented when BB used to push updates, problems happened in many of the same jurisdictions. If problem was a server, how can that affect two separate corporations thousands of miles away months apart?

We don't know why, just that outside those jurisdictions, the servers are sending updates to end users who appear to be installing them according to CB members.

BTW, at Christmas, NORAD responds to letters, phone calls and emails regarding Santa Claus questions, beliefs, toy lists and locations. Therefore we know, he's real, correct?
    01-10-18 10:21 AM
    I'm no IT guy but pretty simple for me to understand. The servers are pushing out the updates to people respective of their locale. People are getting the same updates from multiple servers automatically while those servers don't reach affected users in certain jurisdictions over and over.

It's also been documented when BB used to push updates, problems happened in many of the same jurisdictions. If problem was a server, how can that affect two separate corporations thousands of miles away months apart?

We don't know why, just that outside those jurisdictions, the servers are sending updates to end users who appear to be installing them according to CB members.
    All speculation. Blah blah blah.

Company says server issues, done and dusted. You guys can continue speculating till the end of time, I’m sure even Blackberry mobile would be finding these conspiracy theories funny. Let me believe what they told me and quite a few others, you guys continue looking up weird explanations
    01-10-18 10:24 AM
    you guys continue looking up weird explanations
    Speaking for myself, I keep coming up with "weird" explanations only because I know the statement from 1st-level BBMo support is categorically/demonstrably false.

Plus, the exact same email from said support agent also babbled on about rolling up various updates into each other - also demonstrably false.

At the end of the day, I would just love to know the real reason, but know I never will. I don't even care about the updates themselves, because I can run a non-destructive autoloader in minutes.

I'm just resigned to accept that I will never have enough information to know who to blame. The only thing I know for sure is that it's not BlackBerry proper.
    Last edited by conite; 01-10-18 at 10:56 AM.
    01-10-18 10:43 AM
    Speaking for myself, I keep coming up with "weird" explanations only because I know the statement from 1st-level BBMo support is categorically/demonstrably false.

Plus, the exact same email from said support agent also babbled on about rolling up various updates into each other - also demonstrably false.

At the end of the day, I would just love to know the real reason, but know I never will. I don't even care about the updates themselves, because I can run a non-destructive autoloader in minutes.

I'm just resigned to accept that I will never have enough information to know who to blame. The only thing I know for sure is that it's not BlackBerry proper.
    But I'm still waiting on my Santa Claus questions?
    conite likes this.
    01-10-18 12:10 PM
    This is so true. Also agree with many of the posts in this thread....in reality the BlackBerry name is a truly a 'shell' as previously stated.

I accept that BlackBerry is now a software company.....but that's what this thread is all about...SOFTWARE SECURITY , which is what BlackBerry is SUPPOSED to be 'all about'.

So they move to Android (arguably the least secure of mobile platforms in stock form) and try and placate the BlackBerry faithful by telling us they'll provide the most secure version of Android.....guess what ANOTHER empty promise.

Another former mobile giant Nokia is actually showing BlackBerry how it should be done.

They too have licensed out their handsets to HMD global (another) Finnish company and are producing Vanilla Android handsets with REGULAR monthly updates...I have a friend with a Nokia 5 and his updates haven't missed a beat.

I have to move to Android and would have loved to have gone BlackBerry but because of the poor update situation that's just not happening.

I disagree with Conite and agree with others....the fact that TCL are making the phones is IRRELEVANT....they are BlackBerry branded and BlackBerry is Responsible for looking after its own name....get your act together BlackBerry and put your 'new' money where your mouth is!

Posted via CB10
    Well said! The only thing that would motivate someone to buy is the reputation for better security that's really all that BlackBerry is remembered for. Last year people posted several articles in various non CB or other BlackBerry forums about the update issue not getting immediate attention was diluting away the primary reason for buying one when the same expenditure got much more value otherwise from pretty much all the major manufacturers.

It likely IS as simple as "as long as TCL sends us the checks we really don't care!" as others have said. But even if they've left the handset market, if there's a flood of upset users bad mouthing the brand, it'll eventually start reducing the perceived value of the "security" they provide to the other platforms.

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    anon(10218918) and baldy3577 like this.
    01-22-18 02:33 AM
    Well said! The only thing that would motivate someone to buy is the reputation for better security that's really all that BlackBerry is remembered for. Last year people posted several articles in various non CB or other BlackBerry forums about the update issue not getting immediate attention was diluting away the primary reason for buying one when the same expenditure got much more value otherwise from pretty much all the major manufacturers.

It likely IS as simple as "as long as TCL sends us the checks we really don't care!" as others have said. But even if they've left the handset market, if there's a flood of upset users bad mouthing the brand, it'll eventually start reducing the perceived value of the "security" they provide to the other platforms.

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    Biggest reason BB can't or doesn't care is the move away from the consumer space. Everything is through other parties and BB can only push out at the level of their customer who's the licensee. If there was a demand of different OEM to license the BB name, things might be different. Right now, BB really can't do anything but provide the update to BBMo/TCL and cash the check.

It's not really any different than my situation with AT&T. BB provides update to BBMo/TCL who then provides to AT&T. Where's the latest update from AT&T? I don't have it. Like the old days even before exiting hardware, the updates were sent out to carriers but sat there, waiting to be released by carriers.

With everything BB does, it's obvious when they said they were leaving hardware, they meant it.
    01-22-18 05:40 AM
    AT&T KEYone Update received AAT030 January 5 2018
    01-22-18 09:06 AM
91 ... 234