KEYone bought via amazon.com and received mid june 2017.

It isn't still my working mobile device. I just configured it, started to get my way around android but I am still using my Blackberry Passport.

Since I have barely used it the device hasn't had any drops, scratches, accidents, etc. The KEYone is suppose to be in perfect condition.

Important to mention that I activated the developers option to configure Windows, Transition and Animation scale to .5x.

I am not sure if it is related, but a couple of days after configuring the above options I noticed that when I turned the device on some black stripes appeared (see photo).

Then, while the device was on, they seem to disappeared but I noticed that the screen resolution started to pixilate a little.

Fonts, numbers and icons weren't shown fully clearly. It seems like the screen resolution wasn't high enough. I compared the KEYone screen with my Passport and there was a clear difference. Passport resolution was superb.

Today I turned it on and the black thin stripes showed up again and now while on, the thin stripes turned red and black and all across the screen (see photos). It seems like resolution problems are because of the stripes.

A hardware failure. It's frustrating. Time to use the warranty.

Here the photos of the screen.

Screen Stripes - Hardware Failure - Time to use the warranty-stripesphotoscreen2.jpgScreen Stripes - Hardware Failure - Time to use the warranty-onscreenstripes1.jpgScreen Stripes - Hardware Failure - Time to use the warranty-onscreenstripes2.jpg
    07-01-17 11:40 AM
    Just curious... have you tried a factory reset?
    07-01-17 12:01 PM
    Just curious... have you tried a factory reset?
    CE71. Thank you for the suggestion. I did the factory reset. Problem continues. Here a photo after the full factory reset.

Screen Stripes - Hardware Failure - Time to use the warranty-onscreenstripes3_factreset.jpg
    07-01-17 12:31 PM
    Worth a shot...try this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lackspotdetect

My wife's K1 got some black lines across the screen a couple weeks back. After running this app several times and waiting about a day, they disappeared.
    07-01-17 01:06 PM
    Worth a shot...try this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...lackspotdetect

My wife's K1 got some black lines across the screen a couple weeks back. After running this app several times and waiting about a day, they disappeared.
    Thank you. I just download it and use it to show a full color in the screen to see the stripes more clearly. When in blue you can see red stripes (not photo, since it is not perceptible in the photos I took from it) and when in black (see photo) the stripes show up in a few seconds and stay there.

I will run the test for a couple of hours to see the outcome, but from what I have read in other forums I believe this is a bad screen, connection or display controller chipset.

Here the photo when black is the background color
    Screen Stripes - Hardware Failure - Time to use the warranty-onscreenstripes4_factreset.jpg

I talked an hour ago to an Amazon tech support agent via chat and after explaining the issue they told me that it is usually a hardware problem. They will send me a new phone next week and I should return the defective one to them. To do so they sent me UPS labels and instructions. Nevertheless, I want to highlight that Amazon service was incredible responsive and useful.

I hope I am the only one with a defective screen and this is not a widespread problem for a large KEYone inventory lot.
    rx8er likes this.
    07-01-17 02:19 PM