Does anyone else have an issue where their KEYone will randomly turn its display on?

My KEYone will be on my desk and I'll notice the screen turning on for no reason. .. No notifications or anything, just illuminated. It's not the end of the world, just annoying.
    10-04-17 05:40 PM
    You don't have it set to turn on the display whenever a notification comes in, maybe?

EDIT: Sorry, just re-read that it's not notifcations...
    10-04-17 07:00 PM
    I noticed mine doing the same thing lately for no reason.
    Gavin Paul likes this.
    10-05-17 03:24 PM
    noticed it since the Sept update. Didn't notice it before. Seem to catch it out of the corner of my eye. Can't get over how notification happy android is in general - but seems to happen when notification free also
    10-15-17 12:12 AM
    Hey, at my KeyONE Black Edition I also see that. It seems to be a notification which is deleted right after it was shown. I tried to read whats on it but I did not see any text on it.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-15-17 04:31 AM
    Caught what it was... It seems that anytime a email is received from Gmail, the screen lights up, and the notification appears and then disappears. I have been able to replicate it several times.

Going to research and do some testing to see if it is a background google/android process, or a setting within BB Hub..
    10-16-17 09:52 PM
    got the same problem it sometimes it litsup without any reason
    10-19-17 06:49 PM
    I've noticed this also
    10-20-17 09:28 AM
    I always thought it was the "SD Card Unexpectedly Removed" error as that was the reason why many people's screens woke up randomly since it launched. There's a whole thread on it in the "support" forum. I disabled my gmail app in favor of Hub so I'm not sure if the email is it. However my screen did just recently wake up with the notification disappearing and I did just check my email and see 2 new emails from like 30min. ago
    10-20-17 12:55 PM
    seems to be anytime I receive an email. I haven't manage to catch anything else. But during the night, it has become more of a nightlight for men.
    10-31-17 11:07 PM
    seems to be anytime I receive an email. I haven't manage to catch anything else. But during the night, it has become more of a nightlight for men.
    I finally caught it when mine lit up the other night and the first word said "Preparing..." and i'm 99% sure it said it was "Preparing the SD Card"
    11-01-17 06:08 PM
    Found a setting that may do the trick

Settings -> Display -> Ambient Display (toggle to off)

This setting apparently wakes the screen when a notification is received.

hopefully this will do the trick.
    Cheers,
    Greg
    Gavin Paul likes this.
    12-18-17 11:44 AM
    Yes I've noticed this too with no notifications.. I'm sure this eats my battery as since this started happening my power goes quicker
    01-04-19 05:01 AM
    Yeah I have. Seen no notification and it's not the ambient setting either. Since the update a few months ago.
    01-07-19 03:36 PM
    Same. Really odd.
    01-07-19 04:03 PM
    Same thing here, I guess it is one of the Oreo updates of the las couple of months.
    no ambient light issue, just the screen goes on with no new notification present.
    ideas??
    01-09-19 04:57 PM
    I have a Motion and I've noticed the screen come on randomly. No notifications are as far as I can tell. maybe it's the NSA playing games.
    01-14-19 07:01 PM