Anyone knows if that's possible? So annoying....I know I am on T Mobile, alright??
    12-14-17 10:18 AM
    I believe the reason it's there is to let you know when you are roaming and not on you usual carrier. As far as I know it's not possible to remove it (I've played around with different phones and settings it never worked). I'm no expert in phones it's just my 2 cents.
    12-14-17 10:31 AM
    Anyone knows if that's possible? So annoying....I know I am on T Mobile, alright??
    only time my top left corner is blank is when my google app is showing me the weather or if my google maps app is wanting to show me my ETA to work/home in my notifications drop down
    12-14-17 02:04 PM
    I use an App called system ui tuner to remove the name and other icons from the status bar. You need to give adb permissions however.
    12-14-17 05:02 PM
    I use an App called system ui tuner to remove the name and other icons from the status bar. You need to give adb permissions however.
    Thank you!
    12-14-17 05:46 PM
    Found a much easier way to do it: Enable LastPass persistent notification....or any other app's persistent notification for that matter & Viola! No more carrier name on the status bar...

Now I have nothing but LED notification!
    12-18-17 11:28 PM
    There are so many different ways to achieve what you want on Android. The customization is endless.
    12-18-17 11:39 PM
    There are so many different ways to achieve what you want on Android. The customization is endless.
    Can you give another example other than the ones stated in this thread?
    12-19-17 12:44 AM
    Can you give another example other than the ones stated in this thread?
    Well with my device, a Huawei P10 Plus, it's built right into the settings. Otherwise you could use Nova or Action Launcher to achieve it.
    12-19-17 01:05 AM
    Well with my device, a Huawei P10 Plus, it's built right into the settings. Otherwise you could use Nova or Action Launcher to achieve it.
    I have Action Launcher; I see no such settings.
    12-19-17 08:59 AM
    Thank you!
    02-24-18 02:38 AM
    Which option is it to hide the carrier from lock screen?
    02-24-18 02:39 AM
    BBM connected icon works for me. BlackBerry icon instead of AT&T.
    03-02-18 12:17 PM
    It's not only that showing the carrier name all the time is rather pointless, what's really annoying is that it is set up in a way that it takes a couple of seconds for notifications to appear after you wake up the phone. You wake it up and unlike with any other android phone I had before, you stare at the notification bar... and stare... and stare... waiting if it's finally going to show you notifications or a carrier name. The same thing takes just a quick glance on every other phone.

Maybe there is some incredibly deep meaning behind it but to me it's really the strangest thing about BB launcher.
    03-02-18 01:21 PM