I'm not an insider nor an expert, but assuming BlackBerry has Android 7.0 complete, and now with the KEYone being pushed back to May at the earliest, why not release Nougat now to PRIV/ DTEK devices? Would this not give time for the OS to settle in, and also give BlackBerry time to work out any bugs that may be present, or further optimize the OS to their liking? This would provide for a smooth and flawless OS launch with the KEYone, perhaps a 7.1. Thoughts?
    Uzi likes this.
    04-01-17 03:00 PM
    Because if they release the newest software for their old devices, it gives people less of an incentive to buy the new device.

Posted via CB10
    04-01-17 03:27 PM
    I'm not an insider nor an expert, but assuming BlackBerry has Android 7.0 complete, and now with the KEYone being pushed back to May at the earliest
    What makes you so sure that the pushback isn't due to the OS?
    chuckiev79 likes this.
    04-01-17 03:34 PM
    What makes you so sure that the pushback isn't due to the OS?
    I'm not sure at all! And I have definitely thought of that as a definite possibility. But as stated in my OP, assuming the OS was complete.
    04-01-17 03:37 PM
    Because if they release the newest software for their old devices, it gives people less of an incentive to buy the new device.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure Nougat is an incentive to buy a KEYone, but you may be right. From what I've seen on other devices running Nougat, it's not too big a difference. There are certainly some features that would be welcomed though.
    04-01-17 03:39 PM
    I'm not sure at all! And I have definitely thought of that as a definite possibility. But as stated in my OP, assuming the OS was complete.
    Cistulli seemed pretty keen on April, he tweeted "All KEY'd up for an exciting month ahead!" on March 27 (https://twitter.com/SteveCistulli/st...81359912681472). It's only during BB Ltd's conference call that delays were announced. That smells like software.
    04-01-17 03:41 PM
    Cistulli seemed pretty keen on April, he tweeted "All KEY'd up for an exciting month ahead!" on March 27 (https://twitter.com/SteveCistulli/st...81359912681472). It's only during BB Ltd's conference call that delays were announced. That smells like software.
    Good point! Thanks Chen for being the bear of bad news for TCL. I can picture the look on their faces listening to the conference call, "wait, he said what!? News to us!". Oh well.
    04-01-17 03:42 PM
    I still don't think the priv will get nougat but it will be nice if I'm wrong
    04-01-17 06:28 PM
    I still don't think the priv will get nougat but it will be nice if I'm wrong
    Don't know why this keeps coming up. There is no reason why the Priv shouldn't get it. The DTEK50 has similar or lower specs and no one even considers that not getting it??

BlackBerry wouldn't drop the Priv so quickly. I mean, It's only 1 year 4 months!! Have faith that it will come. After Nougat is sketchy I will admit.

Posted Via BlackBerry PRIV
    04-02-17 03:42 AM
    BlackBerry Nougat's flavour on the Priv will be the deciding factor for purchasing a K1 for me.
    If it doesn't taste as i hope it will, i'm done with BB.
    BlackBerry Marshmallow is not as tasty as i hoped it would be. i prefer my Android Google-flavoured and caveat-free.
    04-03-17 04:11 PM
    While waiting for Nougat...

Any April OS update yet??
    04-05-17 10:59 AM
    While waiting for Nougat...

Any April OS update yet??
    Nothing for me yet. Patiently waiting. Always get so excited when an update comes. Us BB10 users have been deprived for so long haha

(Unlocked BlackBerry Priv - Shop.bb)

Posted Via BlackBerry PRIV
    04-06-17 03:08 PM