something that hellos is having it open to widgets that you select. I use "dark sky" weather app and use four different weather widgets with it, I can see all of these while keeping my homescreen clean by just swiping my tab open. try it with your widgets.
    HershL likes this.
    09-03-18 08:50 PM
    You make a good point ! However, swiping to then open to then open the hub makes it a little extra for me when I could just go straight to hub with a shortcut or even the convenience key I also have access to my calendar in the hub. I don't use task much or widgets!

But that's the joy of android customization.
    Swiping open was really designed for peeking at your messages, much like we had with BB10 where we basically could peek at Hub from any screen.

Though BlackBerry can, they chose not to configure Hub as an "Always On" app and therefore it cannot be peeked and even if they would go that route, peeking would most likely be available from the home screen only.

The Productivity Tab is the alternative and I agree that it is lacking design-wise, otherwise more users would gravitate towards using it.

One way to make it resemble Hub design-wise is to use the Hub widget but then we lose the ability to delete or reply from the Tab plus it looks too narrow.

The concept is super useful! The implementation is maybe functioning well but feels behind and not cohesive with the app suite.
    Egonzalez1978 likes this.
    09-03-18 09:42 PM
    for one reason or another I can see why it should work and how it can be useful. When I had the Galaxy 8plus the side menu they had were great and flowed with the phone (nothing compared to the bb10 experience). However, it just worked. I had downloaded Edge pro but the app kept crashing so I just deleted it. I'll wait patiently for another update and give it another go soon. Come bb you can do it.
    09-03-18 10:51 PM
    I really like the idea behind the productivity tab. One swipe and you see every importend information without loading every app completely.

But I also found there are some points, that should be improved:

-If you are in the tab for the Hub / Calendar, it would be nice, if every press on screen leads to the Hub / Calender itself, If you don't choose a message or meeting directly. I don't need the shortcut on the upper right screen. I don't use it because it's to far away, when using only one hand.

-I really like the widget tab but I don't need the "+" button all time since it has only the function for adding another widget. Maybe there could be a "hide" option for this button somwhere.

-Widgets don't actualize all time which is a bit sad.

- If you leave the widget tab over the right on-screenbutton you will see all time the open productivity tab app which looks a bit unprofessional. This seams to be a performance issue because it happens not out of Hub, Calender and Contacts tabs.

-I would like to have the possibiltiy for adding shortcuts on the widget tab.
    Last edited by Jenserm; 09-12-18 at 09:15 AM.
    09-12-18 09:03 AM
    I don't need the shortcut on the upper right screen. I don't use it because it's to far away, when using only one hand.
    Word! This was also addressed along with a link to a suggestion made in post # 7, item # 2 of this thread. Looks like @Ken Wallis liked the idea so hopefully we will see this implemented sometime soon so hold off on your thumb extension surgeries folks!
    09-12-18 11:10 AM
30 12