I'll be very happy to hear whichever application I can use for FULL backup/restore for BlackBerry Android devices.

Root is not available here by design and I appreciate this, but on the other side, IMO, the situation with FULL backups is somewhere between dire and ugly.

Specifically for me, now it looks like I will have to reset my device just to apply the November security update, and this is the only solution suggested here currently (see https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...space-1131879/ for more details).

At present, going through full backup/restore is way too time consuming and technically heavy for me to be happy with .

OS10 devices are way too friendlier in use in this aspect.
    coffee-turtle likes this.
    11-30-17 03:50 AM
    I have to agree. :-|
    moonflyer likes this.
    11-30-17 03:17 PM
    BB hasn't created one (Samsung, LG, Sony, and other manufacturers have their own), and since you can't root, no third-party apps will work. Sorry.

Your apps (but not necessarily their settings or data) will be backed up, and of course, anything that's synced to the cloud will be there, but anything else will have to be backed up/restored manually.
    11-30-17 09:39 PM
    There's still adb… but that's something for advanced users that feel comfortable on the command line…
    12-01-17 07:54 PM
    A BlackBerry backup app would be a fantastic addition to the Hub+ Services. Hub would benefit from being able to be backed up, as would tasks and notes, etc. Hopefully this is on their radar.
    moonflyer likes this.
    12-01-17 08:21 PM
    We dreams continue.....
    12-04-17 01:17 PM
    I never had to worry except a few apps here and there that do not have cloud sync enabled (I'm looking at you blackberry... just enable it already) but I see everyone's frustration. I have been recommending helium for yeArs now. it works on alot of non rooted phones out there. I have not tested it on keyone but I know it works fine with the dtek 60 so I'm sure it will be fine.

I would test it out but I do not have a windows or a mac computer and I think it only runs on those. maybe I can get it working with wine or in a virtual machine and let you know.

Here's the link

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ikdutta.backup
    12-06-17 08:46 PM
    oh I just looked and yes they have it for Windows, Mac, Linux and chrome browser.
    12-06-17 08:49 PM
    I'll be very happy to hear whichever application I can use for FULL backup/restore for BlackBerry Android devices.

Root is not available here by design and I appreciate this, but on the other side, IMO, the situation with FULL backups is somewhere between dire and ugly.

Specifically for me, now it looks like I will have to reset my device just to apply the November security update, and this is the only solution suggested here currently (see https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...space-1131879/ for more details).

At present, going through full backup/restore is way too time consuming and technically heavy for me to be happy with .

OS10 devices are way too friendlier in use in this aspect.
    Yep worked like a charm.
    12-06-17 10:07 PM
    Yep worked like a charm.
    Are you talking to yourself?? Your post is not related to my question.
    12-07-17 07:23 AM
    Are you talking to yourself?? Your post is not related to my question.
    You wanted a full backup and restore. I did the research and made sure it would work for you. Sorry that I tried to help. This is why I think I may have to leave this community. You try to help by giving the answer
    I need a backup solution
    Here's a backup solution I know
    Oh look I tested to make sure it will work for you
    Then I get back a nasty reply
    This isn't what I wanted.

Seriously people stop being rude.
    12-07-17 07:30 AM
    You wanted a full backup and restore. I did the research and made sure it would work for you. Sorry that I tried to help. This is why I think I may have to leave this community. You try to help by giving the answer
    I need a backup solution
    Here's a backup solution I know
    Oh look I tested to make sure it will work for you
    Then I get back a nasty reply
    This isn't what I wanted.

Seriously people stop being rude.
    I am sorry for my previous post. I'll give Helium a second chance.

In May 2016 Heluim was confirmed here at CrackBerry not to work in full for Priv (see https://forums.crackberry.com/androi...-work-1065907/). A lot changed since that time, so I should definitely give it another try.
    12-11-17 02:12 AM
    That's good to know if this works indeed.

Posted via CB10
    12-15-17 06:04 PM
    You may not like Google and its services, but automatic backup to Google Drive worked really well for me. The switch from Priv to K1 was painless. Everything syncs, I don't have to even think about it.
    12-18-17 11:59 AM
    I presume that you at least do not care about SMS messages backing up...

Z30 >> DTEK60
    12-22-17 04:42 PM
    I presume that you at least do not care about SMS messages backing up...

Z30 >> DTEK60
    Search. You can backup SMS messages with third party apps.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...smscontactspro
    12-23-17 12:36 PM
    You may not like Google and its services, but automatic backup to Google Drive worked really well for me. The switch from Priv to K1 was painless. Everything syncs, I don't have to even think about it.
    Yeah, Google backup works great if all you use are Google's apps. And you can only do that if you don't care about privacy at all and if you don't work with sensitive data. All of that goes right against one of the main reasons to want a Blackberry product in the first place (to protect your data and privacy).

I guess "total lack of a decent backup" solution is another one to add to the long list of why Android sucks compared to BBOS 10.
    06-20-18 10:02 AM
    Yeah, Google backup works great if all you use are Google's apps. And you can only do that if you don't care about privacy at all and if you don't work with sensitive data. All of that goes right against one of the main reasons to want a Blackberry product in the first place (to protect your data and privacy).

I guess "total lack of a decent backup" solution is another one to add to the long list of why Android sucks compared to BBOS 10.
    I've disabled all Google apps except for Maps, SMS and GDrive. Backups are only to GDrive, you don't have to use anything else by Google.

If Google really looked through the contents of my stored documents, I'd be getting tons of ads for concrete related products. I don't. Your paranoia is not warranted. Sometimes a company makes useful tools simply because it wants more people to use its products and to make it easier for people to use its products. Even Google is selective about which data it mines.
    06-22-18 11:08 PM
    I've disabled all Google apps except for Maps, SMS and GDrive. Backups are only to GDrive, you don't have to use anything else by Google.

If Google really looked through the contents of my stored documents, I'd be getting tons of ads for concrete related products. I don't. Your paranoia is not warranted. Sometimes a company makes useful tools simply because it wants more people to use its products and to make it easier for people to use its products. Even Google is selective about which data it mines.
    Have you ever heard about a guy named Snowden?

This isn't just about Google trying to give you some targeted apps. This is also about (for example) the NSA being able to access all the data you ever exchanged with Google now or in the future. If you're working for a non-US government, you don't want an Android phone. If you're working for Airbus, you don't want a phone with software that talks to Google (or any other U.S. company) in any way whatsoever. Just to name an example.

PS: (almost) every app you download through Google Playstore uses Google Services. Meaning all your apps are essentially Google apps and you haven't in fact "disabled" any Google apps (other than some of the ones completely made by Google).
    06-23-18 02:32 AM
    Have you ever heard about a guy named Snowden?

This isn't just about Google trying to give you some targeted apps. This is also about (for example) the NSA being able to access all the data you ever exchanged with Google now or in the future. If you're working for a non-US government, you don't want an Android phone. If you're working for Airbus, you don't want a phone with software that talks to Google (or any other U.S. company) in any way whatsoever. Just to name an example.

PS: (almost) every app you download through Google Playstore uses Google Services. Meaning all your apps are essentially Google apps and you haven't in fact "disabled" any Google apps (other than some of the ones completely made by Google).
    Ok. If you think that you could be subject to targeted spying, you probably shouldn't be using a smartphone at all. The rest of us, who at most are getting ads and news feeds based on our social media likes and browsing history, are probably not in any danger.

If you're aware that news feeds are being manipulated, you're not likely to fall for the information that is being fed to you. If you mention something in an email and then see ads for a related product, you may want to switch to a paid, secure email service such as Microsoft Exchange (yes, it is secure as far as targeted ads are concerned).

Most of us are just not important enough to be targeted by the NSA. But if you think that you are, feature phones are still available.
    06-23-18 08:26 AM
    Ok. If you think that you could be subject to targeted spying, you probably shouldn't be using a smartphone at all. The rest of us, who at most are getting ads and news feeds based on our social media likes and browsing history, are probably not in any danger.

If you're aware that news feeds are being manipulated, you're not likely to fall for the information that is being fed to you. If you mention something in an email and then see ads for a related product, you may want to switch to a paid, secure email service such as Microsoft Exchange (yes, it is secure as far as targeted ads are concerned).

Most of us are just not important enough to be targeted by the NSA. But if you think that you are, feature phones are still available.
    I didn't claim that I'm important at any point. Also I was just giving examples.

If you don't understand the concept of privacy and why it's important then may I suggest you take some history classes (I'm not talking about things such as targeted vs non-targeted ads here)?

To give you a historical example of when seemingly innocent data-scraping and storage, cost at the very least 1000's of lives, read on. Before the second world war in Europe it was common for municipalities to record the religion of their citizens in their paper database. They where probably not even sure why they needed that information, but hey, if you can store it you might as well right? Who has anything to hide anyway? Most people are NOT IMPORTANT so who cares?

Then the nazi's happened and they used those same databases to more efficiently track down and exterminate jews.

So today in Europe religions are not stored at the municipality anymore, but since everybody pretty much forgot about such details, I'm sure they now have religions stored in 1030498234293489 other places. I'm just not going to give away my data THAT easily (any data, again religion is just an example).

Unlimited personal information storage with unlimited *future* access by *anyone* = not good. I just prefer to avoid that where possible.

On topic: that includes avoiding routing my entire life in data through Google/NSA when making a freaking backup of MY phone that I need solely on MY system. There's just no freaking reason in the universe why that stuff would have to through some company (and secret agency) on the other side of the planet. No reason, other than potential future evil.
    06-23-18 10:18 AM

To give you a historical example of when seemingly innocent data-scraping and storage, cost at the very least 1000's of lives, read on. Before the second world war in Europe it was common for municipalities to record the religion of their citizens in their paper database. They where probably not even sure why they needed that information, but hey, if you can store it you might as well right? Who has anything to hide anyway? Most people are NOT IMPORTANT so who cares?

Then the nazi's happened and they used those same databases to more efficiently track down and exterminate jews.
    This is good example. There are others and more recent. Pictures and posts and even "likes" already brought many people to prison in some "former USSR" territories. And there were people who were tortured and killed.
    There are more, many more state and non-state agents - besides NSA - who can get access to private information and misuse it. "It will not happen to me" approach is so nice... until some brute force does not kick you out of your niche of comfort.
    06-27-18 02:59 PM