Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    What do you think about the gestures Google added to Android P?
    I really think they add a lot of convenience on those big glass phones.

https://www.androidcentral.com/video...ures-explained

And the recency screen now allows to share / copy items, such as text and pictures, without even opening the app. That's a really cool feature and brings back some of the swipe and peek functionality of OS 10. In some way it's even better, because you can copy things while peeking!

I'm really no Android fan, but these features look tempting.
    colinstone likes this.
    08-07-18 05:31 AM
    And all the coverage recites how this was stolen/copied from Apple. Never mind where Apple got it from!

Posted via CB10
    08-07-18 05:44 AM
    And all the coverage recites how this was stolen/copied from Apple. Never mind where Apple got it from!

Posted via CB10
    Didn’t BB “steal/copy” from Palm?
    johnny_bravo72 and Vistaus like this.
    08-07-18 05:55 AM

Posted via CB10

you mean from WebOS?
    Thud Hardsmack and Vistaus like this.
    08-07-18 05:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    *cough*WebOS*cough* 😉
    Vistaus likes this.
    08-07-18 07:29 AM
    Alright, sheesh, you get my point, no love for BB
    08-07-18 07:35 AM
    Lolwut? OS10 gestures? You mean webOS gestures. Even the multitasking view is copied straight off of webOS. (and yes, I know the former webOS lead designer works for Google now, so I don't mean 'copy' as in 'stealing')
    08-07-18 07:37 AM
    True. But no one claimed they didn't.

But since this forum is about BB (and there are probably more ppl out there still using OS 10 than those using WebOS) I'd thought they like to hear it. After all, gestures like these are / were used by BBs.

However it did take a long time for Google to find out, how useful gestures are on touch devices...
    08-07-18 07:51 AM
    Lolwut? OS10 gestures? You mean webOS gestures. Even the multitasking view is copied straight off of webOS. (and yes, I know the former webOS lead designer works for Google now, so I don't mean 'copy' as in 'stealing')
    As we all know, the developer who's task it is to design something for the company he works for, automatically becomes the owner of his invention....

And btw. WebOS licensed under the Apache-license. So ppl can grad whatever piece of design they want.
    08-07-18 07:52 AM
    Yes, and as we all know, the developer who's task it is to design something for the company he works for, automatically becomes the owner of his invention....
    That's not what I meant. I meant that it's not fully stolen as he was the original designer in the first place. You can't really steal your own design. Yes, I know that it's IP stealing, but that's not what I was talking about.
    08-07-18 07:56 AM
    True. But no one claimed they didn't.

But since this forum is about BB (and there are probably more ppl out there still using OS 10 than those using WebOS) I'd thought they like to hear it. After all, gestures like these are / were used by BBs.

However it did take a long time for Google to find out, how useful gestures are on touch devices...
    The multitasking view is more similar to webOS than it is to BB10. Also, don't forget that quite a lot of BB10 converts (including me, before converting to the Key2 last month) are former webOS users.
    08-07-18 07:57 AM
    That's not what I meant. I meant that it's not fully stolen as he was the original designer in the first place. You can't really steal your own design. Yes, I know that it's IP stealing, but that's not what I was talking about.
    WebOS uses the Apache-license. No one is stealing anything. Google implemented swipe gestures, that look very much alike those used in OS 10. They might be even closer to WebOS (or the gestures on the BB Playbook), but since I never used a WebOS device I can't really tell. They remind me of OS 10 and I'm happy to see those nice gestures implemented into other OS for touch devices. Period.
    08-07-18 08:05 AM
    Alright, sheesh, you get my point, no love for BB
    I love BB. I was just fact-checking. If you’re not specific, people will say killing BB10 means that Chen has killed the cure for cancer and planetary harmony.
    08-07-18 01:44 PM
    Looks like this is going to see further improvement in Android Q:

https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/0...e-back-button/
    02-18-19 06:52 PM
    Looks like this is going to see further improvement in Android Q:

https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/0...e-back-button/
    Yup, even more webOS/LuneOS goodness
    dmlis likes this.
    02-19-19 12:08 PM
    Shades of BB10 (Galaxy Note 9 using good lock app)
    Attached Thumbnails OS 10 like gestures finally in Android P.-screenshot_20190311-193152_maps.jpg  
    03-11-19 07:38 PM
    Isn't Palm part of the TLC enterprise?
    04-23-19 08:18 AM
    Isn't TLC a 90s girl group? 😉
    elfabio80 likes this.
    04-23-19 08:31 AM
    It’s owned by TCL as correct deference to johnny_bravo72 and chasing waterfalls...
    04-24-19 01:37 PM
    It’s owned by TCL as correct deference to johnny_bravo72 and chasing waterfalls...
    Sorry...dyslexia...10 out of 9 people have it...
    04-24-19 03:36 PM
    Sorry...dyslexia...10 out of 9 people have it...
    LMAO - that’s awesome reply I haven’t ever heard...
    04-24-19 03:37 PM
    TCL bought the Palm brand name but not the OSs or past technology. LG owns WebOS and uses it as the OS for their smart TVs.
    04-26-19 04:22 PM
    TCL bought the Palm brand name but not the OSs or past technology. LG owns WebOS and uses it as the OS for their smart TVs.
    They couldn't even buy the OS if they wanted to as HP open sourced it before selling the brand names. (And that open source version now lives on as LuneOS, FWIW, and LG's version is also built on that OSS foundation) The source code can be found on GitHub.
    04-26-19 05:13 PM
    They couldn't even buy the OS if they wanted to as HP open sourced it before selling the brand names. (And that open source version now lives on as LuneOS, FWIW, and LG's version is also built on that OSS foundation) The source code can be found on GitHub.
    I prefer grubhub myself
    04-27-19 10:56 AM
    I prefer grubhub myself
    lol
    04-27-19 01:50 PM