I hope it wasn´t asked before (couldn´t find anything about it)

Is there a way to perform an offline backup at a PC?
    Like in iTunes or as it has been at BBOS (the last BlackBerry I had was a 9900)

I just want to have a backup, that is not stored within a cloud (so to say as backup backup)
    06-23-17 05:30 AM
    Nope, doesn't exist for Android, (any device or brand, (except possibly for rooted devices and not sure of that)). Google doesn't want you to have control of your data. They have to leave a few options to make it look good, but they don't have to make it easy. And apparently they are making any possibility of off line back up extremely hard, cuz a lot of people are working on it, and have been for some time.
    compuboy04 likes this.
    06-23-17 05:58 AM
    I think it's possible with a rooted phone but you'll never root a BlackBerry.
    06-23-17 08:27 AM
    I use myBackup pro. It has option to specify the backup location to an IP address on your wireless network.
    kbz1960 and Wezard like this.
    06-23-17 10:16 AM
    I use myBackup pro. It has option to specify the backup location to an IP address on your wireless network.
    Who makes that? In the play store?
    06-23-17 11:01 AM
    I might have been wrong! But thats OK. Previous versions didn't have that capability, or at least didn't mention it.
    It's in PlayStore and appears Amazon also has it. Claims to able to backup to computer, SD and USB togo, in addition to cloud.
    Sometimes being wrong is kinda cool, thanks RadioTech.
    kbz1960 and anon(3641385) like this.
    06-23-17 01:02 PM
    An image of the device, only on rooted devices.

Text messages can be backed up manually using SMS Backup & Restore.

Media, you have options.

Some custom launchers can backup your layouts to an offline file.
    06-23-17 11:59 PM
    Nonsense. "adb backup --nosystem" works... you can't back up system files since you don't have root, but you can back up the installed apps and their data.

SMS backup and restore works for SMS and MMS as well
    06-24-17 06:07 PM
    MyBackup Pro works well, as far as it goes. It has always felt to me like an app backup rather than something sophisticated enough to hang your hat on. For example, like the Google Play store, MBP will restore almost all apps but not in the UI layout you may have spent hours to move icons around into screens. My K1 now has maybe 150 apps and widgets across 9 UI pages, and arranged just the way I like it. I would like a backup that can restore all that.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    06-24-17 09:49 PM
    Nope, requires root for app data.

SUPPORTED CONTENT:
    - Applications (Including Data if Rooted)
    06-28-17 07:06 AM
    Guess I was right after all, there is no non cloud, single vendor complete backup and restore. In fact there is no single, cloud based backup and restore. You can get kinda sorta close with multiple apps and methods, but you will still have to put all your 'stuff' back where you want it, reconfigure widgets and etc.

I don't think there is ever going to be one, (without root). The Billions of Android apps are all written and coded slightly different, making a single method nearly impossible. Lots of people have been trying to do this for years, nobody has succeeded. That should tell you something, there's a LOT of money to be made if someone does it.

If all your apps are from Play Store, Google does a pretty good job of restoring them, including settings for most of them, (but not associated widgets). I decided to just trust Google with my contacts. All pics, vids, music, spread sheets, ect are on my SD. Super Backup does a good job on SMS, MMS and call logs, (stores them on SD, (it may not the best, but it's the first I tried and it works well)). Super Backup also claims to back up calendars, but I don't really depend on my calendar, so can't vouch for that.
    - And thats prob as close as we will ever get with non rooted Android.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    06-28-17 08:38 AM
    And this is why I hate Android... spent days finding all the ways to try to keep my data private and out of the cloud... Not having a local backup is just stupid. Had a rooted android many years ago... the HTC Evo Shift (also with a keyboard). ClockworkMod recovery is amazing.. lets you take a full phone image to an SD card. Why google doesn't have a supported way of doing this is just dumb... regardless of reason
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-28-17 02:56 PM
    Nope, requires root for app data.
    My install of MyBackup Pro allows backup to Dropbox, SD card or internal.

You can select Applications & Media or just Data.
    And this is why I hate Android... spent days finding all the ways to try to keep my data private and out of the cloud... Not having a local backup is just stupid. Had a rooted android many years ago... the HTC Evo Shift (also with a keyboard). ClockworkMod recovery is amazing.. lets you take a full phone image to an SD card. Why google doesn't have a supported way of doing this is just dumb... regardless of reason
    06-28-17 04:57 PM

You can select Applications & Media or just Data.
    Right, but as the app store specifically says, not the app data, which is what people want the most.
    06-28-17 05:17 PM