I saw 2 future devices (ZTE,SAMSUNG) that you flip open. Your mobile device will be screen wise twice the device double the screen. The fun part it's almost square 1:1. Yes 1:1 we know from the bold series but also from the BlackBerry Passport.

It seems square 1:1 screens will be supported on new device that you can flip open. So maybe it's time to get that old and great design out and reboot it with Android.

So far if the devices get smaller it could be a hit, it like you have an nintendo ds of some kind. So square 1:1, Get out that Pie and get us the Passport.

Now it's time to get out a BB passport with Android-zte-axon-m-ho-14.jpg

Could someone change the head to : Now it's time to get out a BB passport with Android
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    01-02-19 04:47 PM
    Well, the Axon M is no phone from the future... but the foldable Samsung, sure. It even looks like a Passport in some ways. Either way, Google will have support for foldables.. Not sure that will ever translate to a Passport like device, but at least it's more supported now than it was in the past... on paper anyway.

01-02-19 05:01 PM
    Samsung's "foldable" device will be 4x3 - one of the standard tablet ratios.

Not 1:1.
    01-02-19 05:11 PM
    still close enough to get it worked out. Or is it impossible to match.

More brands coming with these kinds of devices and looks almoest 1;1

Still using keyone but I don't think to buy a key 2 or LE version. Also a new priv would be expensive to make. So lets see what comes next.
    01-02-19 06:18 PM
    Here's an older Android phone (LG Optimus View) with a 4x3 display. One of the aspect ratio gurus on this board would have to chime in on whether this ratio has a chance to work with a physical keyboard.Now it's time to get out a BB passport with Android-lg-optimus-vu-review-07.jpeg
    02-10-19 03:06 AM
    currently using a key2. would buy a passport with Android in a heartbeat. loved the form factor. key2 is certainly an improvement over the KEYone (faster and slightly bigger keys) but the passport was unrivaled in my opinion.
    02-12-19 12:44 PM