The wait has been long enough. Loyal PRIV owners deserve a reward for diving into the pool head-first not knowledge the depth of the pool.

What is the expected time frame for release of OS 7.1?
    03-02-17 01:13 AM
    I'm not one to argue or to cause controversy but whoever told you that you somehow deserved a reward for jumping blindly into something... ANYTHING without first getting some insight as to how it is received by the public ... lied to you!!

And you can be loyal to those who love you but loyal to a small handheld mobile device that if not for the overkill in numbers would be sold at The sharper Image??...... Well, I don't think loyal means what you think it means!!
    Wezard likes this.
    03-02-17 01:47 AM
    It will be released when it's ready. Do you really want to be a beta tester for unfinished software?
    We all want it asap but no one really has any concrete info for now
    gizmo21 likes this.
    03-02-17 02:37 AM
    Going by how BB10 OS was served on all BB10 devices, my take is that all BlackBerry Android devices will be served Android Nougat except Google has a say in the decision.
    03-02-17 02:45 AM
    I'm not one to argue or to cause controversy but whoever told you that you somehow deserved a reward for jumping blindly into something... ANYTHING without first getting some insight as to how it is received by the public ... lied to you!!

And you can be loyal to those who love you but loyal to a small handheld mobile device that if not for the overkill in numbers would be sold at The sharper Image??...... Well, I don't think loyal means what you think it means!!
    You had me with the first sentence. I laughed all the way through the rest. Don't know what else you said. I'll have to try again later.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    03-02-17 05:14 PM
    (for the record: I don't have him, I never had him and I don't want him.) Don't worry MB. The stopped making records a long time ago.

My third objective is always to try to get a smile from someone. It promotes a more positive and happier atmosphere which offers a better means to learn and understand....

But, keep in mind...Comedy is just a funny way of being serious.

Causing controversy and clouding the issues are my first and second. very useful tool to set up my third objective
    03-02-17 06:32 PM
    When It's DoneTM.
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    03-02-17 06:33 PM
    For those of you who have no idea as far as release of Android 7 Nougat... depending on your make, model, date your current OS was released, where you happen to hang your hat, what day of the week it is and what direction you happen to be facing in, along with several other reasons, Nougat for Android devices started rolling out in December.
    The BBA OS (Blackberry/Android OS) will be available globally starting in April.
    This info comes to you directly from the original Cracked One himself.
    Keep in mind, that Kevin has absolutely no recollection of any "so called" grand opening" 10 years ago. But that aside,
    just take a look at Fearless Leader.

I'm sure this will answer any questions you may have had!

Nougat for Priv and DTEK Phones-cbk-7-reasons-keyboard-thumb.png
    03-02-17 07:32 PM
    It will be released when it's ready. Do you really want to be a beta tester for unfinished software?
    We all want it asap but no one really has any concrete info for now
    Lol the software is ready. There is a device launching in 10 days running it. The fact is this the classic BlackBerry attitude of thinking pushing an update to in market devices will somehow hinder sales for new devices coming. The used to do it with BB10 as well. Doesn't make sense but it's their strategy.
    Last edited by ray689; 03-02-17 at 10:48 PM.
    03-02-17 07:36 PM
    Even Aurora running nougat
    Attached Thumbnails Nougat for Priv and DTEK Phones-200.jpg  
    03-02-17 10:04 PM
    Lol the software is ready. There eis a device launching in 10 days running it. The fact is this the classic BlackBerry attitude of thinking pushing an update to in market devices will somehow hinder sales for new devices coming. The used to do it with BB10 as well. Doesn't make sense but it's their strategy.
    Yes I think more of marketing strategy they hold on nougat for older device, waiting for the new device launch.. I disappointed too
    jakie55 likes this.
    03-02-17 10:05 PM
    They already upgraded the PRIV from 5.x to 6.x and it took some time there as well. As the security hardening is not vanilla nougat (that's a strange flavour btw) as on Pixels they have to get it right.
    It was discussed in so many threads back from lollypop to marshmallow and now those many threads are back for nougat, just search for nougat here and you will see the discussion is all the same in every single thread.

Btw nougats distribution is now 1.3% and 7.1 alone even only at 0.3%, so even in april we would be "rewarded" with an exclusive SECOND major upgrade to our Privs: https://developer.android.com/about/...rds/index.html

5.0Lollipop - 9.8%
    5.1 - 23.1%
    6.0Marshmallow - 30.7%
    7.0Nougat - 0.9%
    7.1. - 0.3%
    delanyinspiron6400 likes this.
    03-02-17 11:59 PM
    Gizmo, thanks for coming over to our side of town.
    I'd venture over to Android Central, but I'm most likely on their most wanted list and surprising it's not for my sunny Family Friendly qualities.
    Best, I can tell at some point you were all convinced that having a sense of humor was dangerous!

I, for one, don't have one and if i did, i probably wouldn't know what to do with it.

You get "rewarded" with updates?
    In all of Crackberry's years, if the "idea" of being rewarded were to have come up, Crackberrians would have taken to the streets and grabbed anyone wearing a badge or
    anyone who looked like they should be wearing a badge and well, there's just no Family Friendly way to describe the mayhem.
    But, just knowing that Crackberry Kevin has been in denial for the past 10 years as to a grand opening that he says never happened... well, that should give you some idea of the state of affairs. At one point, they tried to declare Marshall Law but that group mysteriously disappeared and was never heard from again
    03-03-17 01:18 AM
    @lostboy: Ahhm you mentioned my name but other from that I don't know what you wanted to tell me with your posting Perhaps cause it's not my native tongue.
    If you wanted to tell my crackberrians always complain and facts don't count, that's OK I'm from the positive side and will nevertheless try to convince guys with facts (and not those some country leaders nowadays state as "alternative facts").

I also complain in many fields on bb software (seen in many threads) but the plain OS version is not one of them. After you settled with the fact that it's google android at all, for me it is not really relevant which version, as there are only a few new features which even fewer will make it more usable. This usability should be the biggest focus for BlackBerry OS wise, as I came from webOS I have not those strong BB10 feelings but also miss a OS wide gesture control (Back gesture and task switch instead of buttons...).

So I still vote for more usability on OS side instead of having the newest shiny OS version number only to show off at friends.

tl;dr
    03-03-17 05:18 AM
    With all the bugs they had with marshmallow when it first came out, I'm going to wait until a few months after the nougat release to update
    03-04-17 10:01 AM

Only truth, we're not technically entitled to nougat, and I'm not very eager deal with the bugs, marshmallow is working fine on my (knock on wood)
    03-04-17 10:03 AM
    @lostboy: Ahhm you mentioned my name but other from that I don't know what you wanted to tell me with your posting Perhaps cause it's not my native tongue.
    If you wanted to tell my crackberrians always complain and facts don't count, that's OK I'm from the positive side and will nevertheless try to convince guys with facts (and not those some country leaders nowadays state as "alternative facts").

I also complain in many fields on bb software (seen in many threads) but the plain OS version is not one of them. After you settled with the fact that it's google android at all, for me it is not really relevant which version, as there are only a few new features which even fewer will make it more usable. This usability should be the biggest focus for BlackBerry OS wise, as I came from webOS I have not those strong BB10 feelings but also miss a OS wide gesture control (Back gesture and task switch instead of buttons...).

So I still vote for more usability on OS side instead of having the newest shiny OS version number only to show off at friends.

tl;dr
    Hi Gizmo.
    I was attempting to Thank You for your help. With the soon to be releast KeyOne, with the New Android OS, I believe we're going to need a little help from experienced Androids. Just want you to know, your help will be most welcome along with a few of your friends.
    03-04-17 10:18 AM
    Well I'm not experienced in Android as I had webOS devices since 2009, so I know good UI and gtd in apps.
    My avatar is the icon of "BlackBerry Bug Reporter" service, which was suitable I thought.
    xandros9 likes this.
    03-04-17 02:48 PM
    The wait has been long enough. Loyal PRIV owners deserve a reward for diving into the pool head-first not knowledge the depth of the pool.

What is the expected time frame for release of OS 7.1?
    You can never expect to be rewarded for your loyalty with blackberry anymore. Know that each new blackberry you buy could be their last, and they could leave you in the dark at any time.

But to further answer your question, expect it with KEYone launch.
    03-08-17 10:14 PM
    I've owned a PRIV since it launched and while I agree that it would be nice to have latest version of Android, BlackBerry doesn't owe us anything, and we don't deserve anything else for buying the device. You need to realize that you should be buying a phone, or anything else for that matter, for what it is when you buy it, not for what it could be down the road.
    gizmo21 and Troy Tiscareno like this.
    03-09-17 09:26 AM
    As marshmallow was released to the priv in may 2016, don't expect the Nougat will come to the priv (and DTEKs) until around may this year as well, I believe..

But again, I don't see any obstacles or restrictions on priv and DTEKs from receiving the Nougat. Just sit back, relax and wait..
    jakie55 likes this.
    03-09-17 04:57 PM
    I can wait. I don't see the rush. Rather have bugs sorted etc.
    03-09-17 06:57 PM
    By the time May comes rolling around.... Nougat adoption may well be up to single digits (without the decimal). I can wait to be that early adopter.
    03-09-17 09:33 PM

tl;dr
    I understand your argument here. But I still contend that if anyone wants to sell a phone, having the latest software is an important attribute. I have the dtek60, and I knew it did not have Nougat, but I expected it would soon. Today however, if I commit to a device for a year or two, I would want to assure that what I was buying had the latest. I focus here more on the image side for selling a device, but also in the fact that it is an portent investment. Blackberry is trying to distinguish itself as providing the smart in the phone idea. Well, sorry but the first action should be to have the latest software installed. I'm happy with my dtek60. BlackBerry android is good for me. But don't expect others to feel the same. The market leaders in software, Google and Apple all commit to providing the latest software on their new and older phones. That in itself is comforting to anyone who puts anything like $600 on phone they keep for two or three years.
    misterabrasive likes this.
    03-10-17 01:21 AM
    Hello sent a tweet to BlackBerry re Please can you share with us the excitement when Nougat released> for DTEK50, DTEK60 and PRIV! They sent me back DM and then answered and now received this one..

Nougat for Priv and DTEK Phones-screenshot_20170310-155000.jpg

Something is cooking... for sure.
    03-10-17 09:09 AM
38 12