Sorry if you took my post to be negative. Given that 'O' is due out today, how likely is it that PRIV will see another OS update now that BlackBerry is totally out the device business?

TCL must already know what BlackBerry's plans are for the PRIV and the DTEKs, and may be stepping up to salvage what little is left of the brand's reputation by taking support of the DTEKs off BlackBerry's hands. Perhaps TCL intends do something with the DTEK line? Whether we see another OS update for any of BlackBerry's legacy devices is anyone's guess. But I would have to think it is not only extremely unlikely, but the probability of that happening continues to drop precipitously with each passing month.
    Your post wasn't negative and I wasn't directing my message at you specifically my apologies if it came across like that.

I know BlackBerry is out of the hardware business and TCL have taken the reigns and maybe my optimism is futile but I always feel, rather be positive about something until you get a 100% confirmation from the company. It's just, I can't see the DTEK50 getting Nougat and the Priv not. And since the DTEK50 hasn't gotten an update, I'm sure it will at least get 1 update.

Anyway let's wait and see. We all want the company to shine and grow.

Posted via BlackBerry Leap (Crackberry Edition)
    08-21-17 12:02 PM
    Your post wasn't negative and I wasn't directing my message at you specifically my apologies if it came across like that.

I know BlackBerry is out of the hardware business and TCL have taken the reigns and maybe my optimism is futile but I always feel, rather be positive about something until you get a 100% confirmation from the company. It's just, I can't see the DTEK50 getting Nougat and the Priv not. And since the DTEK50 hasn't gotten an update, I'm sure it will at least get 1 update.

Anyway let's wait and see. We all want the company to shine and grow.

Posted via BlackBerry Leap (Crackberry Edition)
    No problem. I know there are some that remain hopeful, and truthfully it is a better head space to be in...if you can manage to justify it to yourself.

This new licensing arrangement feels like the BB10 / Android split all over again. Not a very happy place no matter which version of BlackBerry one believes themselves to be supporting...or supporting them. Lol.
    08-21-17 06:17 PM
    Man who cares about Nougat? Where is Oreo? Lol!
    08-23-17 09:52 PM
    what and prevent people from buying the keyone?
    08-24-17 10:44 AM
    To be honest priv will never see o the hardware can't handle it
    08-24-17 04:07 PM
    ROTFL
    Told ya it would drop Monday
    08-28-17 10:20 PM
    Well, there are 21 more Mondays left in this year, so there is a small mathematical chance I suppose!!
    Looks like I was right, Mondays are the new target day in the future ; )
    08-29-17 06:54 PM
    To be honest priv will never see o the hardware can't handle it
    Hmmm.

https://developer.android.com/about/.../download.html

Nexus 5X bullhead-opr6.170623.013-factory-203642e1.zip 203642e1a27ee0f00302cbf0003adfb8fabfb27821a6f33bad 393472a20b97c8

Same SoC, 1GB less memory.
    08-29-17 07:37 PM
    Ok so it's a flagship Google phone, and by the time blackberry is done making it it's own with all it's add ons and version of Android the priv won't handle it it will heat up like a pocket warmer it does already. Learn to crawl before you walk the device doesn't even have nougat stop worrying about Oreo,
    Last edited by SPQR ROMULUS; 08-30-17 at 06:38 AM.
    08-30-17 06:20 AM
    That's Google's phone in fact that model bullhead almost didn't get the update due to hardware concerns
    08-30-17 06:21 AM
    It's why hammerhead and mako didn't get it and both technically can handle it
    08-30-17 06:21 AM
    Ok so it's a flagship Google phone, and by the time blackberry is done making it it's own with all it's add ons and version of Android the priv won't handle it it will heat up like a pocket warmer it does already. Learn to crawl before you walk the device doesn't even have nougat stop worrying about Oreo,
    That's Google's phone in fact that model bullhead almost didn't get the update due to hardware concerns
    It's why hammerhead and mako didn't get it and both technically can handle it
    You really need to slow down your typing, collect your thoughts first instead of typing 3 consecutive burst of posts each time you reply.

Nexus 5 and Nexus 4 are not getting it because Qualcomm isn't providing the drivers, same reason why BB10 phones are stuck with those old processors, because BlackBerry didn't want to pay for anything beyond a S4 Pro and 801.

And I'd like to see your source about the 5x "almost didn't get it", similar phones like the Nextbit Robin and LG G4 all got it.
    08-30-17 08:05 AM
    lineage will have a stable 8.0 by December for hammerhead, and possibly mako check xda. right now the 5x is having battery issues and Bluetooth issues to only name two on Android O the Bluetooth issue is also happening with pixel. yes you are right the g4 got it which makes the 5x 5 capable so why would a g4 get the drivers and Qualcomm not provide them to a nexus. it really isn't a driver issue it's more of devices that are a year or more older won't see the update. the hammerhead is as old as the priv. not sure if you saw earlier posts but nougat can be run on a mako, hammerhead, and Galaxy s4, along with so many other mid grade devices coming out new. and as far as bb10 goes blame it's failure on lack of sales, and due to lack of sales, developers not wanting to waste their time with developing something nobody uses. bb10 is a cult following and I'm one of them. say what you want about custom ROMs but I use them with much success and little issues. It's really an issue of hardware sales. Most flagship phones can handle updates but how will hardware sales be if you run a 4yo device with current os?
    08-30-17 08:34 AM
    lineage will have a stable 8.0 by December for hammerhead, and possibly mako check xda. right now the 5x is having battery issues and Bluetooth issues to only name two on Android O the Bluetooth issue is also happening with pixel. yes you are right the g4 got it which makes the 5x 5 capable so why would a g4 get the drivers and Qualcomm not provide them to a nexus. it really isn't a driver issue it's more of devices that are a year or more older won't see the update. the hammerhead is as old as the priv. not sure if you saw earlier posts but nougat can be run on a mako, hammerhead, and Galaxy s4, along with so many other mid grade devices coming out new. and as far as bb10 goes blame it's failure on lack of sales, and due to lack of sales, developers not wanting to waste their time with developing something nobody uses. bb10 is a cult following and I'm one of them. say what you want about custom ROMs but I use them with much success and little issues. It's really an issue of hardware sales. Most flagship phones can handle updates but how will hardware sales be if you run a 4yo device with current os?
    Lineage is not official support.

Hammerhead is a Nexus 5, that's a 2013 phone, Priv is a full generation later.
    08-30-17 09:09 AM
    lineage developers are the same people making official os for some hardware brands, also Santosh M who handles nougat aosp for hammerhead over at xda has already made an unstable version of Android 0 for hammerhead stable should be ready by December. these developers are given the opportunity and the os from Google to develop and most developers actually develop the official versions so yes they aren't officially supported but are extremely stable as I said lineage has done official work on hardware. and my bad had the 5 and 5x mixed up but regardless, pay attention to what I said DEVICES A YEAR OR MORE OLDER WILL NOT SEE UPDATES
    08-30-17 09:35 AM
    Here, what were you saying about drivers Qualcomm wasn't sending?
    Attached Thumbnails Nougat for Blackberry Android Devices is a few months away-239.jpg  
    08-30-17 09:44 AM
    but now that this went way off topic, seeing all this, and how priv beats out hammerhead in just about every spec. why wouldn't blackberry do it justice deserved?
    08-30-17 09:51 AM
    So let's see what Sept 8th will bring...
    09-01-17 01:02 AM
    but now that this went way off topic, seeing all this, and how priv beats out hammerhead in just about every spec. why wouldn't blackberry do it justice deserved?
    Because the priv wont make BlackBerry any more money, and building nougat for it would require additional time and money, maybe even added manpower which would cost, again, more money.

And then there is a possibility that the priv would start attracting possible keyone customers to it by being on a equal level in software.
    You can find the priv sold on ebay new for 230eur + shipping, keyone being double that price and the market for BlackBerry devices being as small as it is... point being it could affect the sales of the new devices in a negative way.

I hope this brings some light to your question, and I'll add that I personally would love to see a OS upgrade for the priv.
    09-01-17 03:29 AM
    I know why they aren't updating the priv. I just want to hear others say it and you were the first.Great answer, it's what I've been looking for and you described it perfectly.
    09-01-17 05:28 AM
    Because the priv wont make BlackBerry any more money, and building nougat for it would require additional time and money, maybe even added manpower which would cost, again, more money.

And then there is a possibility that the priv would start attracting possible keyone customers to it by being on a equal level in software.
    You can find the priv sold on ebay new for 230eur + shipping, keyone being double that price and the market for BlackBerry devices being as small as it is... point being it could affect the sales of the new devices in a negative way.

I hope this brings some light to your question, and I'll add that I personally would love to see a OS upgrade for the priv.
    Even if there weren't new phones from BBMo, they wouldn't update the PRIV because it won't ever make BlackBerry any money. Since they left the hardware business, they have no incentives to do anything beyond contractual obligations for either BB10 or Android devices. The only responsibilities BlackBerry has at this point, in regards to hardware, is to it's shareholders and that's how it should be.
    09-01-17 06:58 AM
    Interesting comment, really goes to show the love they have for the people that use the devices, so long as the shareholders are happy scr@# everything else
    09-01-17 07:42 AM
    Interesting comment, really goes to show the love they have for the people that use the devices, so long as the shareholders are happy scr@# everything else
    What company has love for a business they've just dumped? That's just business. They don't want to waste time or resources on a failed relationship anymore than you or I do.
    09-01-17 08:16 AM
    I don't send valentines to my ex girlfriends, either. We are all now "former customers" of BlackBerry's hardware division, since we're not ever going to spend more money on their non-existent devices. There's no obligation for companies to serve former customers forever.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    09-01-17 08:35 AM
    Well at least they have to support it somehow anyway, as long as they are bringing out the secfixes for PRIV as well.
    The question is if it could be less hassle for them to support Priv on N as long as KEYᵒⁿᵉ is on N. Or is KEYᵒⁿᵉ soon on O so it will be no win to update Priv to N as they would again have 2 OS versions to support.

Left out DTEKs for the sake of complexity in this thought
    09-01-17 08:40 AM
134 ... 23456