08-12-17 05:03 AM
    I'm almost sure it will drop on Monday.
    ROTFL
    08-12-17 05:40 PM
    ROTFL
    You like that? Thought we all needed a little levity
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-12-17 06:39 PM
    Something interesting happened yesterday. I got online to check why no July and August Security patches for ATT locked Privs. The csr I chatted with said he would check with the update group and call me in about an hour with an answer if they have stopped doing this or if there was another issue.

When I got offline, I immediately called ATT Technical Support. I shared the same concerns. He put me on hold and said he would check with the update group. When he got back on the phone he said there will be no updates because they are working to bring Nougat to the Priv. They were checking the upgrade to make sure it would go smoothly. No time frame. This guy was from the USA.

About an hour later I received a call from the csr person I had chatted with online. He was not from the USA and shared that updates have ceased for the Priv because they are working on bringing Nougat to the Priv. He said they have a target day by mid-September or sooner.

He then said they want all devices on Nougat and are checking to make sure there are no problems with the upgrade like loss of data that some have experienced with upgrades.

What do you think of this? Seems to agree with what the OP said.
    08-16-17 02:18 PM
    Something interesting happened yesterday. I got online to check why no July and August Security patches for ATT locked Privs. The csr I chatted with said he would check with the update group and call me in about an hour with an answer if they have stopped doing this or if there was another issue.

When I got offline, I immediately called ATT Technical Support. I shared the same concerns. He put me on hold and said he would check with the update group. When he got back on the phone he said there will be no updates because they are working to bring Nougat to the Priv. They were checking the upgrade to make sure it would go smoothly. No time frame. This guy was from the USA.

About an hour later I received a call from the csr person I had chatted with online. He was not from the USA and shared that updates have ceased for the Priv because they are working on bringing Nougat to the Priv. He said they have a target day by mid-September or sooner.

He then said they want all devices on Nougat and are checking to make sure there are no problems with the upgrade like loss of data that some have experienced with upgrades.

What do you think of this? Seems to agree with what the OP said.
    Well, AT&T did release the August patch, so....
    08-16-17 02:48 PM
    Never put too much faith in what a CSR tells you about things outside of their direct responsibilities. It isn't always their fault - they don't get told the answers to those kinds of questions and when they try to find out, you never know who is giving them their information. Most of the time, it won't be anyone who is really in a position to know.

And that isn't at all BB-specific, you will find it with all carriers and all phone brands.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-16-17 04:29 PM
    Well, AT&T did release the August patch, so....
    Did it release the August patch to locked carrier phones? I got the patch, but my phone gets them from BlackBerry. My friend who is on ATT still has not gotten July or August's patch. He could be further down the line to get it if they have released it.
    08-16-17 09:34 PM
    Did it release the August patch to locked carrier phones? I got the patch, but my phone gets them from BlackBerry. My friend who is on ATT still has not gotten July or August's patch. He could be further down the line to get it if they have released it.
    AAN335 for unlocked, AAN367 for AT&T.
    08-16-17 09:39 PM
    I have the forrner, he still has nothing. Interesting.
    Last edited by newcollector; 08-17-17 at 10:59 AM.
    08-17-17 06:25 AM
    I'm almost sure it will drop on Monday.
    Like the way you are hedging your bets by just saying 'Monday' but not which one!!
    08-17-17 06:43 AM
    I try to live life as an optimist, but BlackBerry really tests this ethos. I would love to see Nougat on my DTEK60.
    08-17-17 09:20 PM
    I try to live life as an optimist, but BlackBerry really tests this ethos. I would love to see Nougat on my DTEK60.
    I'm an optimist and I believe I'll get Nougat on all of my PRIV and DTEK phones, Mañana. It will come Mañana. Of course, we all know, tomorrow never comes.

BBMo will give you Nougat if you buy a KEYone/any phone they make after KEYone. They have no obligation and I have no expectation because they didn't sell me the PRIV or DTEK phones.
    08-17-17 09:33 PM
    This is awesome....then I can wait for everyone to complain about "O" coming to Priv and DTEK line *grabs popcorn
    newcollector and PHughes like this.
    08-17-17 11:18 PM
    08-18-17 06:45 PM
    Silence can be deafening. BlackBerry's silence is shouting to all of you what their plans are with OS updates. Highly doubt anything pre KEYᵒⁿᵉ will get N. Android O is around the corner and it would be odd to see N now.
    08-18-17 07:06 PM
    Android O is around the corner and it would be odd to see N now.
    No it wouldn't, keep in mind this is BlackBerry and the 5.0 -> 6.0 slowness of the past.
    08-19-17 02:14 AM
    How can I run play store on z3

Posted via CB10
    08-19-17 08:49 AM
    Like the way you are hedging your bets by just saying 'Monday' but not which one!!
    I think it might be Tuesday.. No wait, I said Monday right? Damn, I can't keep it straight anymore.
    08-19-17 02:06 PM
    I think it might be Tuesday.. No wait, I said Monday right? Damn, I can't keep it straight anymore.
    Well, there are 21 more Mondays left in this year, so there is a small mathematical chance I suppose!!
    08-19-17 03:15 PM
    The funny part is that of all the existing BB Androids, the DTEK60 is the one with the best hardware to run Nougat, the DTEK60 stands to gain a huge performance boost over the KEYone if it ever gets Nougat.
    08-20-17 02:01 PM
    PRIV owners will most likely continue to receive security updates as long as Android 6 is supported by Google. For the DTEKs...it could be that TCL intends to take the name going forward, and so may have some interest in getting them at least one OS update for relegating it to patch only mode.
    08-20-17 04:06 PM
    PRIV owners will most likely continue to receive security updates as long as Android 6 is supported by Google. For the DTEKs...it could be that TCL intends to take the name going forward, and so may have some interest in getting them at least one OS update for relegating it to patch only mode.
    I'm predicting that the Priv will not only receive Android N but also Android O. Just wait and see. .

BlackBerry is definitely a software company and they pride themselves in top delivering notch security for their customers. BlackBerry want to make their Android devices as secure as their BlackBerry 10 devices are.

So giving the Priv a later version of Android not only improves on that security level but also provides customers with new features that can enable better productivity and battery life. (improved dose)

I highly doubt a software company would only give 1 major OS update to their flagship phone. That doesn't seem right. most OEMs provide 2 updates so I'm not sure where all this negativity is coming from. I'm seeing it all over the forums from many people and everyone just needs to have a little more faith in BlackBerry that they will deliver.

When they release Android 7.1.1 for the Priv, it will be part of only 1.3% of devices out there. Now that's pretty awesome.

Posted via BlackBerry Leap (Crackberry Edition)
    08-21-17 04:19 AM
    I'm predicting that the Priv will not only receive Android N but also Android O. Just wait and see. .

BlackBerry is definitely a software company and they pride themselves in top delivering notch security for their customers. BlackBerry want to make their Android devices as secure as their BlackBerry 10 devices are.

So giving the Priv a later version of Android not only improves on that security level but also provides customers with new features that can enable better productivity and battery life. (improved dose)

I highly doubt a software company would only give 1 major OS update to their flagship phone. That doesn't seem right. most OEMs provide 2 updates so I'm not sure where all this negativity is coming from. I'm seeing it all over the forums from many people and everyone just needs to have a little more faith in BlackBerry that they will deliver.

When they release Android 7.1.1 for the Priv, it will be part of only 1.3% of devices out there. Now that's pretty awesome.

What makes you think BlackBerry cares? They did officially exit the hardware business. Unlike the DTEK line, the PRIV directly competes with the KEYone. Updating the PRIV would compete more directly with the KEYone. BBMo has little incentive to update DTEK, no incentive to update PRIV and BB doesn't have incentive to update anything unless BBMo is paying for it.
    08-21-17 06:46 AM

Sorry if you took my post to be negative. Given that 'O' is due out today, how likely is it that PRIV will see another OS update now that BlackBerry is totally out the device business?

TCL must already know what BlackBerry's plans are for the PRIV and the DTEKs, and may be stepping up to salvage what little is left of the brand's reputation by taking support of the DTEKs off BlackBerry's hands. Perhaps TCL intends do something with the DTEK line? Whether we see another OS update for any of BlackBerry's legacy devices is anyone's guess. But I would have to think it is not only extremely unlikely, but the probability of that happening continues to drop precipitously with each passing month.
    08-21-17 08:39 AM
134 12345 ...