On my previous BlackBerry phones I'm used to being able to set up different alert profiles for different situations, such as no alerts at all for bedside; visual (LED) with or without vibration for in meetings; quiet sounds plus visual for e.g. at work in the office; louder sounds for outdoors - and so on. That was always very easy on BB OSs of all generations I've used... but I'm struggling to get it to work on my KeyOne on Android!

I know how to choose "Total silence", " Alarms only" and "Priority only" - but these don't seem to cover what I need, and indeed only provide 3 options. I find "priority only" is OK for bedside, but neither of the others does what I want, and I can't see any way to customise them: "Total silence" seems actually to give no alerts of any kind (so no flashing LED etc.); and "Alarms only" doesn't seem to do much different from "Priority only".

I suspect I must be missing something - Android is after all far less intuitive than BBOS, it's fair to say, and even after 6 weeks I'm still very much feeling my way.

Any tips? If it really isn't possible to do what I need in the OS itself, could anyone recommend an app that would do the job for me?

Thanks a lot in advance!
    08-25-17 05:53 AM
    There is daydream setting in OS setting that is basically androids version of bedside mode. As for the rest you can get profile Manager apps from Play. I don't use them but seen a few recommended throughout the forums
    08-26-17 07:09 AM
    Thanks for your thoughts. Yes - I've just downloaded Sound Profile which *looks* as though it should do the job but, as is always seemingly the case with Android as against BlackBerry OSs, it's not entirely simple, so I'm not yet sure whether I've got it to work properly yet....

Cheers
    08-26-17 07:39 AM
    There are a few things BlackBerry should do now: a telephone app, and notification profiles.

Immediately, if not sooner .... 😮

The basic android phone app sucks! And no sound profiles, essential for efficiency, which is the BlackBerry cornerstone selling point ....
    08-26-17 07:47 AM