After upgrading my subscription based Hub+ on my LG G6 (Android 7.0) to 1.6.0.xxx I stopped getting email alerts (no white on red asterisk on BlackBerry launcher, no sound or vibrations, no envelope icon on status bar). I tried uninstalling and reinstalling a few times to no avail.
    I then uninstalled the official Hub+ completely, and tried the newest Infrastructure version from Cobalt232's Blackberry Manager. That didn't work either.
    I then uninstalled everything and installed Cobalt232's latest repository version prior to the 1.6 upgrade, being 1.5.8.49124, and that works great.
    I reported all of this to Blackberry support, and they want a log dump Etc.... Maybe I will have time to do that in a few days, after all of the time blown on this whole thing already.
    Has anyone else experienced these problems with email alerts on the 1.6 version, or could this be unique to the LG G6 Running Android 7.0?
    04-13-18 03:45 AM
    Haven't had any of these issues on my KEYone.. the best thing to do, however, is to send off the logs they're requesting.
    04-13-18 12:26 PM
    Device Samsung S9 Plus Exynos

Using Blackberry hub (paid version), after the update device doesn't notify any new emails.

The Issue only happens with Emails.
    04-13-18 01:00 PM
    I am using the latest versions of the blackberry hub and hub+ services on a brand new Huawei P20 Lite mobile phone which is running on Android 8.0

I am having the same problem where when an email is received the phone does not notify me, in that it appears as though the bb hub app is in deep sleep. It is only when I open the bb hub app do I see new emails come flooding into the bb hub app.

Note - I have the "help receive emails quicker" option set to on in the bb hub app.
    I also have the "use push if supported" option enabled in the bb hub app settings.

I assume there is a bug with the bb hub app and/or the bb hub+ services app when used on Android 8.0, where the bb hub app and/or the bb hub+ services app go into a deep doze/sleep mode which prevents new emails from being pushed to the phone if the phone is switched on but in standby mode.
    04-16-18 12:56 AM
    I think Blackberry is working on a FIX. Beta Hub is released in google play so if any testers have used the Beta Hub release let us know if the notification issue is fixed!
    04-16-18 06:08 AM
    I updated to the latest Hub+ (Version 1.6.49983) and the problem remains;
    new emails are not being pushed to the phone if the phone is switched on and in standby mode, and thus no email alerts for new emails received.
    04-18-18 02:48 AM
    Updated to Blackberry Hub Services Version 1.6.49983 and I still have the problem of no notification, emails get to hub only if I open the app.
    If the app is closed emails do not get pushed!
    04-18-18 09:24 AM
    We haven't been able to reproduce this. We can probably fix it if someone can send a Bug Report to [email protected].

To send a bug report, you will need to enable Developer options (tap 7 times on Build Number in Settings -> About Phone). Then in Settings -> Developer options, you can tap “Take bug report” and share that with an email client. If the option is greyed out, toggle “Enable USB Debugging”, which should enable it.
    anon(5990673) likes this.
    04-18-18 02:02 PM
    Email sent with bug report !
    04-19-18 02:32 AM
    Email sent with bug report !
    Thanks! I noticed that you're running BlackBerry Hub+ Services 1.6.0.49983 (beta) with Hub 1.5.8.14520 (non-beta). Have you also tried with the beta version of Hub (1.6.0.14768)?
    @saescott, @Porsche Driver, could you confirm the specific versions of BlackBerry Hub+ Services and Hub that you're running?
    04-19-18 08:36 AM
    Thanks! I noticed that you're running BlackBerry Hub+ Services 1.6.0.49983 (beta) with Hub 1.5.8.14520 (non-beta). Have you also tried with the beta version of Hub (1.6.0.14768)?
    @saescott, @Porsche Driver, could you confirm the specific versions of BlackBerry Hub+ Services and Hub that you're running?
    I'm running Hub+ services version: 1.6.0.49983

and Hub version: 1.6.0.14768
    04-19-18 08:48 AM
    I'm running Hub+ services version: 1.6.0.49983

and Hub version: 1.6.0.14768
    Could you send a Bug Report to [email protected] ?
    04-19-18 08:56 AM

Updated to Hub Beta, and I can confirm, I now receive email notifications with the Device in stand by mode.

Thanks for directing me to Hub Beta!
    04-19-18 10:05 AM
    Could you send a Bug Report to [email protected] ?
    Email sent with bug report.
    Please can you confirm receipt of the email containing the bug report.
    Thank you.
    04-19-18 11:30 AM
    Email sent with bug report.
    Please can you confirm receipt of the email containing the bug report.
    Thank you.
    No, we didn't receive your Bug Report. We did receive blackbird666's Bug Report.
    anon(5990673) likes this.
    04-19-18 12:44 PM
    No, we didn't receive your Bug Report. We did receive blackbird666's Bug Report.
    I have just resent the Bug Report a moment ago via email to : [email protected]

Let's hope you receive it.
    04-19-18 12:56 PM
    I have re-emailed the Bug Report for the third time to : [email protected]

Please let me know if it's been received or not.

Thank you
    04-19-18 07:52 PM
    I have re-emailed the Bug Report for the third time to : [email protected]

Please let me know if it's been received or not.
    Sorry, but we did not receive it.
    04-20-18 11:16 AM
    Since my emails are not reaching you I have uploaded my Bug Report to a file sharing site and have sent you a PM detailing where you can download my Bug Report.
    I trust you will be able to access the Bug Report from the file sharing site, but if for some reason you can't access it please let me know.

Thank you
    04-20-18 04:15 PM
    Sorry, been very busy lately, and had no time to reinstall official Hub+ services until today... and I noticed that a newer version was posted. I just updated to the new 1.6.0.50052 and the issue is resolved.
    Thanks
    04-22-18 02:20 AM

Hi Liam

Have you had a chance to look at my device's bug report to determine why the Hub goes into a deep sleep mode on my device, and consequently does not get emails pushed to the phone ?

Thank you
    04-25-18 10:40 AM
    Hi Liam

Have you had a chance to look at my device's bug report to determine why the Hub goes into a deep sleep mode on my device, and consequently does not get emails pushed to the phone ?
    We didn't find clues on our first glance. I hope to dig deeper into it when time allows.
    04-26-18 08:53 AM
    We didn't find clues on our first glance. I hope to dig deeper into it when time allows.
    Thank you. Appreciate it.
    04-26-18 09:07 AM

I don't know if this will help with bug resolution, but I have noticed the following:

If the phone is plugged into the charger and charging, emails get pushed through to the phone immediately even whilst the phone is in standby mode. In other words the Hub works perfectly as designed/intended.

If the phone is not plugged into the charger and charging, emails don't get pushed through to the phone whilst the phone is in standby mode.
    04-28-18 02:04 AM
    I don't know if this will help with bug resolution, but I have noticed the following:

If the phone is plugged into the charger and charging, emails get pushed through to the phone immediately even whilst the phone is in standby mode. In other words the Hub works perfectly as designed/intended.

If the phone is not plugged into the charger and charging, emails don't get pushed through to the phone whilst the phone is in standby mode.
    Have you tried the "Lock an app" suggestion highlighted at https://forum.xda-developers.com/mat...-t3729303/amp/ ?
    04-28-18 06:01 AM
35 12