As the title says, it appears a new security vulnerability has been found with the above Wi-Fi chip found on many devices.

The flaw allows devices to be compromised without any interaction from the owner during the scanning for available networks process. Apparently this procedure is launched every 5 minutes regardless of a device being connected to some Wi-Fi network or not

Does this affect any Blackberry Android devices? @Bla1ze?
    01-23-19 05:09 AM
    From what I can tell I think the TCL devices are all using Qualcomm WiFi hardware. I don't know about the Aurora/Evolve/Evolve X, though.
    Vistaus likes this.
    01-23-19 08:24 AM
    From what I can tell I think the TCL devices are all using Qualcomm WiFi hardware. I don't know about the Aurora/Evolve/Evolve X, though.
    Ok awesome. I didn't read too much into it. Just saw a blog post about it and wondered about my Priv and other Blackberry devices. Good to know it doesn't effect Qualcomm WiFi devices. Thanks Thurask
    01-24-19 07:32 AM
    Maybe @conite, @Bla1ze or @LiamQ knows the answer?
    01-24-19 01:20 PM
    Maybe @conite, @Bla1ze or @Liam-BB knows the answer?
    Same as Thurask, AFAIK, Marvell hasn't been relevant in BlackBerry devices since BBOS and maybe some Indian BlackBerry Z10's.
    01-24-19 01:21 PM
    Maybe @conite, @Bla1ze or @Liam-BB knows the answer?
    I don't know much about the Evolve. Details are scarce.
    01-24-19 01:21 PM