My Keyone sadly succumbed to the screen issue. Best phone I've ever had, but just like that it's unusable. Headed out of town for two weeks; can't wait for a replacement. Am I out of luck? Any self fix tips out there?
    08-07-17 07:18 PM
    If the connector ribbon is torn, its dead. Otherwise seen pics of rubber bands or clear tape holding functional screens on.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-07-17 07:27 PM
    My Keyone sadly succumbed to the screen issue. Best phone I've ever had, but just like that it's unusable. Headed out of town for two weeks; can't wait for a replacement. Am I out of luck? Any self fix tips out there?
    Some have suggested it is a walk-in fix at a competent cell repair shop with double sided tape. We do NOT know how it might affect any need for future warranty work.

Good luck.
    08-07-17 07:34 PM
    Thank you! Was considering along those lines.
    08-07-17 07:37 PM
    Self fixes are risky because if the tampering is evident it could void your warranty. Best scenario would be if you have a carrier that has prepaid to see if you could get a low cost replacement and return it before the return policy is up.
    08-07-17 07:42 PM
    Thank you. Hoping to avoid warranty void. Thanks for advice.
    08-07-17 08:07 PM
    Mines the screen did not come of, but had a sort or air bubble underneath. I opened a case and asked for the advanced replacement option where they hold a CC (no charge) and ship you (hopefully a new one, doubts here, can't confirm) and then you return yours back with the prepaid return label. That is what I did , but what I got was not a phone in a sealed retail box like it's suppose to be for advanced prepaid replacement ( if they don't get the old phone you are charged full retail price) I got a phone in bubble wrap inside a regular box with a letter in it stating here is your repaired phone. Now the phone itself I inspected fully and it looks brand new unused, but if I do advance replacement I expect a fully sealed retail box phone. That threw me of and I emailed the complaint to BBM and they basically ignore the two emails completely and closed the case. I did not pushed for the complaint sense the device like I stated looks new and it's working properly. The CC did not get a hold charge or anything , have to give them credit for that, other companies put a temp hold of the full charge. Just do an advance replacement so you have no downtime without a phone.
    08-07-17 10:35 PM
    But I'm sure if you brought it in to a reputable and experienced cell repair shop it'll be fine because what they do won't look like tampering!
    If it's out of warranty then fine but why should you have to shell out 50$ to get the screen resealed!? And you can't guarantee cable damage as the connection is delicate! So better just call support and get an advance exchange shipped to you!
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 08-10-17 at 02:44 AM.
    08-08-17 12:54 AM
    Same as you got the device in 4 business days and I did inspect the device as well! It's not refurbished but rather new! I suspect they took batch one and re-sealed the screens and then that batch for replacement! It also came with the current update pre-installed as well! I'm w/ Rogers Wireless and sent me the same carrier model!
    08-10-17 02:47 AM