Hi everybody,

I recently acquired a french KEYone (AZERTY keyboard) and even though I dislike Android (for many reasons) I think it's a phone I could keep for a while (after 2 and a half years with my Classic) so if BlackBerry (or Blackberry Mobile) is listening, it would be nice if they could iron out a couple of quirks in their Android keyboard.

1 - First, what happened to the "%B" sign (backspace, ie. deleting the previous character)? It was nice for word substitutions, as you could turn a "d' " into a "d'", meaning you could just type and flow, without having to type in the apostrophe once all the usual characters (d', s', qu', t', etc.) were set up...
    It's a shame because it seems to be already implemented: try to type a comma after a space, or a ")" bracket after a space, and immediately this space gets deleted!

2 - the other bug is much more important and drives me crazy. Already mentionned here in the CB forums. Actually it looks more like two bugs in one: the word substitions that disappear on each reboot AND the capitalisation that is stuck on default.

I can deal with the loss of all my autotext shortcuts, as i found a workaround: just add another shortcut entry and all the others stored previously appear again as if by magic!

But the fact that they lose the capitalisation parameter is really getting on my nerves: the "Always use this capitalisation" is always checked! Of course i could uncheck it when needed, but i cannot do it on every reboot as i have hundreds of shortcuts! As soon as you modify one, when you hit the "back" key, you're back on the top of your list and have to scroll down again... oh my, this is driving me nuts...

This reminds me of my very first Q10 with the early days of BB10! The exact same capitalisation problems were there (except you didn't have to reboot, the autotext correction on capitalisation was the same whether the parameter was checked or not), and made me sell the device right away! Luckily, when i bought the Q10 again months later, the issue got fixed with the BB10 update!

And just to sound even more like an old fart: one thing i loved in OS7 was that the word you typed was corrected by autotext not only after you hit space, but also on hitting the return/enter key! Simple thing, but that was great...

Fast forward to the present days: i really hope this will get fixed soon as many people rely on Autotext / Word Substition in their everyday life and in their job. All the pros i know love it for their signatures and for quick and clean answers while chatting in groups...

BB, please help your loyal users obsessed with proper spelling (please no comments on this post, as i'm typing on a bad PC keyboard, with no sp. correction, and English is not my native language)

More information: i am using a KEYone with the latest updates.
    French and English as language preferences (tried both as primary language, but the bug is still here).
    Default keyboards (BB keyboard + Google voice typing).
    Only one multi-language keyboards (tried also with 3 single language keyboard, using the space bar long press to swap between kb's, but the problem remains).

If any other info is needed, please let me know.

Thanks for reading, and any help or troubleshooting would be much appreciated.
    gquan14 and ThaRu like this.
    06-19-17 08:25 AM
    Same issue here. Are only French/azerty KEYones affected? Could we have some feedback from other users? Thanks.
    06-23-17 10:02 AM
    QWERTZ in Germany is also in the boat. Same issues...
    Last edited by deiop; 06-23-17 at 11:41 PM.
    06-23-17 10:35 AM
    someone contacted BBM already?
    06-25-17 12:05 PM
    I haven't. I don't even know who to contact, just a simple email address (I don't do Twitter) where such issues common to a lot of users can be brought to BB's attention and be with any luck addressed in a future software update.
    06-26-17 07:45 AM
    It's been 3 months now, and despite many keyboard updates, none of these bugs are fixed.

What's up BlackBerry?
    09-08-17 04:55 PM
    I don't have the KEYone anymore but I've had the opportunity to report it at length to BB using whatever app there was on the phone to report bugs or make suggestions. No response. This should have been fixed long ago.
    09-09-17 03:24 AM
    I have an unlocked BBB100-1 on the September update with the latest keyboard and I also have the frustrating capitalization problem.
    09-09-17 11:13 AM
    I **THINK** that

https://forums.crackberry.com/members/liamq-4180624/

Might be working on Keyboard issues. Might want to try asking him...
    09-09-17 12:35 PM
    it's been this way since KEYone launch. here in the US.
    09-19-17 10:24 AM
    .... and still not fixed...
    09-20-17 01:26 AM
    2 - the other bug is much more important and drives me crazy. Already mentionned here in the CB forums. Actually it looks more like two bugs in one: the word substitions that disappear on each reboot AND the capitalisation that is stuck on default.
    That should be fixed in our upcoming October release of BlackBerry Keyboard.
    09-25-17 12:53 PM
    That should be fixed in our upcoming October release of BlackBerry Keyboard.

Glad to hear that! Thanks for the input Liam!
    09-25-17 03:09 PM
    The bug with reboot-loss-all is still present.
    After reboot you have to add a new word substitution to get all back
    Last edited by deiop; 10-25-17 at 01:21 PM.
    10-25-17 10:59 AM
    This is still a massive issue. BlackBerry told me they knew about it back in June. Now they're ignoring me. They said it's an OS issue not keyboard app by the way.
    11-07-17 03:57 PM
    When will this be fixed? LiamQ mentioned October but I'm still having the capitalization issue.
    11-07-17 09:31 PM
    Will it ever be fixed?

Please BlackBerry react, this is getting ridiculous. KEYone owners expected a flawless typing experience, and here I am with my K1 sleeping in a drawer, hoping someday I would be able to use it as my daily driver.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-17 01:14 AM
    BB knows how to make support an incredibly painful and frustrating experience for the average user. Today is no different from the BB10 days. You are an incredibly resilient bunch I gave up personally and switched for good.
    11-09-17 04:12 AM
    Hi Ivan, slightly off-topic and just out of curiosity : what are you using now?

Posted via CB10
    11-10-17 10:08 AM
    I had the newly-released Xperia XZ1 Compact for a while. Back on my iphone SE now.
    11-12-17 04:51 AM
    I'll bump this to the top of the list. I also started a new thread outlining these and other problems.

BlackBerry has introduced two new keyboard functions in the last week, but existing issues are ignored.
    @LiamQ - are you still checking the forums? Can you give us an update?
    12-23-17 07:58 AM
    I'll bump this to the top of the list. I also started a new thread outlining these and other problems.

BlackBerry has introduced two new keyboard functions in the last week, but existing issues are ignored.
    I've given up. I raised the issue in May and they acknowledged and said an update would come over the air. December and still no fix to an issue core to me accepting a slower phone for the keyboard. Given up and bought a Pixel. Trying to get a refund from BB for the device and failing that it's going on eBay. Shame.
    12-23-17 08:03 AM
    I'm still checking the forums. We thought we had a fix for the "Always use this capitalization" issue, but it didn't actually fix it. It's been a tricky problem because it's reproducible on some devices but not others. We'll keep at it.
    12-23-17 08:28 AM
    I'm still checking the forums. We thought we had a fix for the "Always use this capitalization" issue, but it didn't actually fix it. It's been a tricky problem because it's reproducible on some devices but not others. We'll keep at it.
    And how about adding back the %b to backspace to eliminate extraneous SPACE characters.
    12-23-17 08:49 AM
    Thank you, I'm glad it's still on your radar. Failing a fix, can you at least allow capitalized versions of entries to be added alongside lower case ones? It will be cumbersome to duplicate dozens of entries, but I'd rather do a tedious task once than after every reboot.
    12-23-17 08:51 AM
98 123 ...