Hey Conite, in Germany ALL K1 are still von AAQ (October patch). no November, no December. I know that Autoloaders are available but with more than 100+ devices running it is not practical to update them with Autoloaders.

All K1 are unlocked, free devices, not from any carrier, running on different carrier networks.
    Something is amiss with Germany and UK. Not sure what.

Either wait, or autoload. There is no other option.
    12-30-17 09:25 AM
    I doubt that. We are still waiting for a fix on the KRACK issue on BB10. Actually, we are still waiting for even an acknowledgement that KRACK does affect (or not) BB10 security...
    Different teams with different levels of manpower and priority. BB10 is apparently getting, maybe, one or two interns a few days a month.

I'm being facetious, of course. I have no idea what the BB10 team left is, but we can assume it's next to nothing. Either way. You really can't compare what BlackBerry does with android with how they handle BB10.
    12-30-17 02:32 PM
    No, I can't. But it shows how credible a statement about "support" is.
    12-31-17 10:49 AM
    every month updates is only with Google and Nexus devices. never was with Blackberry!
    01-21-18 02:25 PM
    Does anyone know why some regions get updates and others don't? Personally, I'm on the December update.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for um, Android
    01-21-18 11:58 PM
    https://www.androidcentral.com/solvi...ndroid-updates
    note this interesting Android Central information...
    Sounds like Google Play interferes with updates... may be a problem with all Androids.
    02-05-18 11:27 AM
    https://www.androidcentral.com/solvi...ndroid-updates
    note this interesting Android Central information...
    Sounds like Google Play interferes with updates... may be a problem with all Androids.
    Not sure what a 4 year old article has to do with this thread - and your statement is not at all what the article was trying to say.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    02-05-18 01:30 PM
    Not sure what a 4 year old article has to do with this thread - and your statement is not at all what the article was trying to say.
    I must have missed the date on it, sorry, didn't mean to lead anyone astray... was busy.

However, reading the BlackBerry instructions given on the DTek50 Update box on my phone, and the follow-up details on the BlackBerry website, which worked fine for me, that really WAS the problem... it was Google Play updating faster than the system update, mismatches occurring, just like what happens with Microsoft and your programs on your computer, ad infinitum... all this tech stuff gets to be a nuisance. What the carrier [Bell, in my case] and BlackBerry need to do is push out the system updates to everyone FASTER maybe. But all this Android stuff can be an interference.
    02-05-18 01:55 PM
    There is something wrong. You're missing 2 updates.

Did you try a checkin?
    What's a checkin? Is this more than just trying via the about phone, system update, check for update?
    Just curious as my dtek50 on Vodafone uk has not received any updates since November 2017. I am not the only one with this phone on Vodafone with the same lack of updates. I have also contacted Vodafone and they have stated that they have not received any monthly updates from blackberry since November 2017. Any help or advice appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-18 03:46 AM
    What's a checkin?
    Type *#*#checkin#*#* into the phone dialer.
    03-17-18 04:42 PM
    Thanks for the tip/reply. I have tried to do this but the dialler won't allow me to input the letters! I have also tried to add this to my contacts to try with the same problem. I must be missing something here?

Posted via my awesome passport
    03-18-18 03:29 AM
    OK I've tried this. The check in part is really numbers. *#*#2432546#* incase any one else tries, had to google that ;-). It said check in succeeded. Went to the update and no new updates.

Posted via my awesome passport
    03-18-18 04:10 AM
    Still no update
    03-21-18 05:53 AM
    Unless yours is an unlocked phone from Blackberry, the update issue is the fault of your carrier, not Blackberry. Also, most manufacturers only provide security updates for two years. That is what Blackberry did with the Priv, so they are no different. Blackberry also was very good about providing monthly updates during those two years, other manufacturers are not as good with monthly updates, some are, some aren't. I think we need to stop complaining about something that is fairly standard in the Android phone industry.
    03-21-18 11:41 AM
    Unless yours is an unlocked phone from Blackberry, the update issue is the fault of your carrier, not Blackberry. Also, most manufacturers only provide security updates for two years. That is what Blackberry did with the Priv, so they are no different. Blackberry also was very good about providing monthly updates during those two years, other manufacturers are not as good with monthly updates, some are, some aren't. I think we need to stop complaining about something that is fairly standard in the Android phone industry.
    Hello I have already asked my carrier about monthly updates and have been informed that the last update they received from blackberry was November 2017. They have also advised me to contact blackberry regarding this. If you have any information regarding this please share or provide a link to the information as this would be much appreciated by myself and others on Vodafone UK that have not received the updates that other dtek50 's have received. Not complaining, just asking questions and looking for help which is what I thought CB was all about
    03-21-18 11:58 AM
    Hello I have already asked my carrier about monthly updates and have been informed that the last update they received from blackberry was November 2017. They have also advised me to contact blackberry regarding this. If you have any information regarding this please share or provide a link to the information as this would be much appreciated by myself and others on Vodafone UK that have not received the updates that other dtek50 's have received. Not complaining, just asking questions and looking for help which is what I thought CB was all about
    Yes, that was the last update for the Priv. The Android security patch level for that update though was October 5, 2017. So if you look in "About Phone," and find the security patch level of October 5, 2017, you have the latest update for the Priv.

My comment was regarding the original post that specified the Priv. As for the DTEK devices, I don't know as I haven't been following them.

As far as what your carrier told you, the person you spoke to probably doesn't have the real story. It most likely isn't that they haven't received an update from Blackberry, but instead it is most likely that the carrier hasn't decided to test then push an update, if others have received an update.
    03-21-18 12:08 PM
    I guess only time will tell, if blackberry have sent Vodafone the updates then why don't they just say so as I have asked that very question on Friday last and still haven't received any reply yet.
    03-21-18 12:17 PM
    I guess only time will tell, if blackberry have sent Vodafone the updates then why don't they just say so as I have asked that very question on Friday last and still haven't received any reply yet.
    Honestly you're not going to get a straight answer from anyone. The low level people handling the support at these companies have no clue what's really going on.

Bottom line: wait or use an autoloader. It's that simple.
    03-21-18 01:12 PM
    I have been waiting. Nothing wrong with asking. Also asking why the change of advice Monthly android updates done that was it ??? No more?? to any android ?-screenshot_20180321-201414.jpg
    03-21-18 03:20 PM
    I have been waiting. Nothing wrong with asking. Also asking why the change of advice
    As there are no current autoloaders available for the DTEKs, it's not really an option either for those users. I was being more general in my last post.
    03-21-18 03:35 PM
    Ok thanks. So the advice still stands don't use a auto loader. I'm glad I read through all of that thread 😎
    03-21-18 03:48 PM
    Ok thanks. So the advice still stands don't use a auto loader. I'm glad I read through all of that thread
    Correct. Don't use an autoloader on a DTEK - although there aren't any anyway (at least not for over a year).
    03-21-18 04:13 PM
    Just thought I'd post here that I have received the January update last night and after the phone went through the process of optimising apps the March update patch arrived on my dtek50.

Posted via my Awesome passport
    05-05-18 12:27 PM
    I have a problem with a Motion phone that will not update properly and after the last update attempt it started to give some stability issues where it is sometimes freezing.

Another way I found to invoke a full update is to do a full backup of the phone on to the PC or on to Google Cloud service. Then do a full wipe of the phone. Afterwords, re-initialize the phone back in to operation, do a full restore, and then build back all the shortcuts and customization; which is a lot of time involved to get everything back properly. On one phone it took me over two hours to get the phone back how I wanted it. After a number of hours I was prompted to install a new full OS update. This worked!

I was later told to do the following (I did not get the chance to do it yet):
    Remove the SIM card from the device and put it back in, and dial *#*#2432546#*#*

The phone should receive a notification saying ¨Checkin Succeeded¨ if so, hold 24-48 hours.

I will first try this by turning Airplane mode on and off again, or with the network access turned off rather than remove the SIM card. I guess rebooting or powering down and up the phone would amount to something similar... I will experiment with this.
    09-05-18 07:20 AM
    I have a problem with a Motion phone that will not update properly and after the last update attempt it started to give some stability issues where it is sometimes freezing.

Another way I found to invoke a full update is to do a full backup of the phone on to the PC or on to Google Cloud service. Then do a full wipe of the phone. Afterwords, re-initialize the phone back in to operation, do a full restore, and then build back all the shortcuts and customization; which is a lot of time involved to get everything back properly. On one phone it took me over two hours to get the phone back how I wanted it. After a number of hours I was prompted to install a new full OS update. This worked!

I was later told to do the following (I did not get the chance to do it yet):
    Remove the SIM card from the device and put it back in, and dial *#*#2432546#*#*

The phone should receive a notification saying ¨Checkin Succeeded¨ if so, hold 24-48 hours.

I will first try this by turning Airplane mode on and off again, or with the network access turned off rather than remove the SIM card. I guess rebooting or powering down and up the phone would amount to something similar... I will experiment with this.
    Or just load the most current OS from the PC app.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...sugar-1150952/
    09-05-18 08:35 AM
50 12