Dear Blackberrians

I wanted to state something I have a priv OK Blackberry mobile stated yesterday or the day before that they will not provide any other future updates I understand that meanwile they will loooooooooose so many customers that bought the Priv anyways they do not care at all as clearly we can see.

But something strange going on farther I mean

Security monthly updates did not Got even Dtek 50 nether Dtek60 nor Keyone nor Motion !!!
    All android devices are stuck on octomber 5th so maybe the blackberry security team is closed already ..

So maybe no more updates to android at all .

Nice one blackberry Congrats
    12-16-17 04:42 PM
    The DTEK50/60 are on the November update, and were supposed to receive December, but BB screwed something up somewhere and those updates won't install. The Motion and KEYone are under the different scheme with the TCL deal, so they aren't dead yet. But yes, the Priv will die on the October 2017 + KRACK patch level.
    12-16-17 04:46 PM
    They did say that if a serious threat is ever discovered, BlackBerry will issue an update for that specific threat.
    12-16-17 04:54 PM
    My K1 Black is on December update already.
    12-16-17 04:56 PM
    Dear Blackberrians

I wanted to state something I have a priv OK Blackberry mobile stated yesterday or the day before that they will not provide any other future updates I understand that meanwile they will loooooooooose so many customers that bought the Priv anyways they do not care at all as clearly we can see.

Security monthly updates did not Got even Dtek 50 nether Dtek60 nor Keyone nor Motion !!!
    All android devices are stuck on octomber 5th so maybe the blackberry security team is closed already ..

This is not accurate. Other Android BlackBerry phones will still get updates.
    12-16-17 05:14 PM
    They did say that if a serious threat is ever discovered, BlackBerry will issue an update for that specific threat.
    And yeah Thurber also once said "continued secpatches until 24month after EOL", so who still trusts those statements.
    October 2017 secpatch was not even 24month after release, so it was literally EOL BEFORE release, this is ridiculous.

PRIV can't now be used in corporate environment - PERIOD.
    xandros9 and jevinzac like this.
    12-17-17 05:40 AM
    And yeah Thurber also once said "continued secpatches until 24month after EOL".
    Can you provide a link?
    12-17-17 06:58 AM
    Already did it several times in the last year here on the forum, but here they are - it was an interview with germans biggest and most recognised IT mag:

https://m.heise.de/newsticker/meldun...s-3341461.html

"Wir unterstützen alle Produkte mindestens zwei Jahre über EOL (End of life) hinaus. Und dieser EOL liegt irgendwann in der Zukunft, er ist gar nicht abzusehen."

They also refer to that interview in the news about PRIV being abandoned:
    https://m.heise.de/newsticker/meldun...V-3919087.html
    xandros9 and jevinzac like this.
    12-17-17 08:18 AM
    Already did it several times in the last year here on the forum, but here they are - it was an interview with germans biggest and most recognised IT mag:

https://m.heise.de/newsticker/meldun...s-3341461.html

"Wir unterstützen alle Produkte mindestens zwei Jahre über EOL (End of life) hinaus. Und dieser EOL liegt irgendwann in der Zukunft, er ist gar nicht abzusehen."

They also refer to that interview in the news about PRIV being abandoned:
    https://m.heise.de/newsticker/meldun...V-3919087.html
    "We support all products beyond EOL (End of Life) for at least two years, and this EOL is sometime in the future, it is not in sight."

Well, that is a misquote, an original translation error, or him fumbling his words. The concept of "2 years after EOL" is a contradiction in terms, and a meaningless notion.

Clearly the intent was "2 years minimum of support". Put a comma after the first use of the word EOL and the meaning is changed dramatically.

I would hardly hang your hat on this single statement in a foreign language.
    12-17-17 08:25 AM
    Haha, I guess those interviewers would have asked that and telling "EOL is sometimes in the future" in the sam sentence would not make sense in your assumption.

If I write them they would even give us the original english version I guess.

It's really astounds me how you defend BlackBerry all time - fanboy is the word I guess.
    12-17-17 08:35 AM
    Haha, I guess those interviewers would have asked that and telling "EOL is sometimes in the future" in the sam sentence would not make sense in your assumption.

If I write them they would even give us the original english version I guess.

It's really astounds me how you defend BlackBerry all time - fanboy is the word I guess.
    "2 years beyond EOL" is a complete non-sequitar, and obviously not correct.

How do you support something for 2 years after you stop supporting something?
    12-17-17 08:38 AM
    Well EOL and EOSL are two different things, look at BB10. Other examples:
    https://www.reliant-technology.com/s...sl-difference/

And yes the bad thing is BlackBerry does not have any of those dates and definitions on public sites so everyone can just guess when the real end of support for the product is reached.
    Last edited by gizmo21; 12-17-17 at 01:10 PM.
    xandros9 and anon(10120165) like this.
    12-17-17 12:41 PM

And yes the bad thing is BlackBerry does not have any of those dates and definitions on public sites so everyone can just guess when the real end of support for the product is reached.
    You're trying to change this into a discussion about semantics and definitions.

The fact is, you know very well what Thurber meant, and you're being disingenuous if you say otherwise.

Thurber also added that any critical security vulnerabilities would be addressed going forward, and product and technical support would continue to be available.
    Last edited by conite; 12-17-17 at 02:22 PM.
    12-17-17 01:46 PM

It might be better to look at BlackBerry's official definition of EOS, EOL, etc,

https://ca.blackberry.com/support/bu...le/terminology

I think the recent PlayBook and BBOS announcements show BlackBerry will still support products for a long time before they become EOL but I'm sure users on those platforms would still prefer continued updates.
    12-17-17 02:18 PM
    Can you provide a link?
    https://m.heise.de/newsticker/meldun...s-3341461.html (in German)
    12-17-17 02:48 PM
    Dear Blackberrians

So many things wrong with this statement. You have your facts confused. First of all the Priv has nothing to do with BlackBerry Mobile.
    12-17-17 02:50 PM
    Yes, we've already discussed that interview. See above.
    12-17-17 02:59 PM
    So many things wrong with this statement. You have your facts confused. First of all the Priv has nothing to do with BlackBerry Mobile.
    BlackBerry is BlackBerry....

I agree that poster is confused about what is going on, but I suspect he isn't the only one. Very disappointed that TCL didn't invest in damage control for the brand. Have no idea what updating the PRIV and DTEK's to Nougat would have cost.... but it would have been worth every penny if building a brand was what you were really interested in.

As it stands, I doubt they have any hope at gaining any enterprise business, until they have a proven track record.
    12-18-17 01:46 PM
    This Dtek60 is still on Sept. Doubt is it'll ever see another update.
    12-21-17 03:49 PM
    Umm, my DTEK50 and 60 are both on the December patch. The 60 had received November also.
    12-21-17 04:03 PM
    Might want to check for updates on that one.
    12-27-17 10:17 AM
    Still nothing. I'm not surprised.
    12-27-17 10:48 AM
    Still nothing. I'm not surprised.
    There is something wrong. You're missing 2 updates.

Did you try a checkin?
    12-27-17 11:43 AM
    Hey Conite, in Germany ALL K1 are still von AAQ (October patch). no November, no December. I know that Autoloaders are available but with more than 100+ devices running it is not practical to update them with Autoloaders.

All K1 are unlocked, free devices, not from any carrier, running on different carrier networks.
    12-30-17 01:01 AM
    I doubt that. We are still waiting for a fix on the KRACK issue on BB10. Actually, we are still waiting for even an acknowledgement that KRACK does affect (or not) BB10 security...
    12-30-17 02:34 AM
50 12