This is perhaps a more general question about Android more than about the BB Keyone.

However, it annoyed me on the PRIV and since this is a new phone, can I ask, how do I disable the middle circle button at the bottom? I don't use Google Assistance and I mistakenly press the button occasionally.
    03-24-18 04:19 PM
    This is perhaps a more general question about Android more than about the BB Keyone.

However, it annoyed me on the PRIV and since this is a new phone, can I ask, how do I disable the middle circle button at the bottom? I don't use Google Assistance and I mistakenly press the button occasionally.
    How can you function without a home button?
    03-24-18 05:08 PM
    How can you function without a home button?
    Oh, the irony...
    03-24-18 05:33 PM
    Oh, the irony...
    Wasn't lost on me either, but such is life.
    03-24-18 05:52 PM
    I don't get it, but I usually use the square button
    03-25-18 03:26 AM
    The only way to customize the functionality of any of the capacitive buttons is by using Button Remapper (or a similar app).
    brianmartinuk likes this.
    03-25-18 05:31 AM

go to settings --> apps --> select the cog in the upper right --> assist and voice input --> Assist App --> Select None
    moonflyer likes this.
    03-27-18 02:01 PM
    go to settings --> apps --> select the cog in the upper right --> assist and voice input --> Assist App --> Select None
    Nice!!!!
    03-27-18 05:31 PM
    Many thanks for this very useful detailed explanation!!!
    03-28-18 07:52 PM

...also pressing circle to get assistant was because you were pressing and holding. Not just pressing. Two different functions.
    Single press returns to home screen (true function hence called the home button). Press and hold goes to assistant (secondary function)
    03-31-18 07:53 AM
    The little circle button is the home button. Unless you want: to be hitting the back button forever I'd recommend keeping it.

....the horror, the horror..

Send from my Blackberry Passport somewhere in space.
    05-20-18 01:04 AM
    If you do those steps with the settings, will it still work as a home button? I am constantly getting the Google assistant pop up but I'm not sure what I'm hitting to do it. It happens when I'm using the keyboard to scroll in the browser. I'm not pressing and holding but swiping something. Thanks!
    05-20-18 11:30 AM
    If you do those steps with the settings, will it still work as a home button? I am constantly getting the Google assistant pop up but I'm not sure what I'm hitting to do it. It happens when I'm using the keyboard to scroll in the browser. I'm not pressing and holding but swiping something. Thanks!
    do you have a DTEK? do you have google assistant set to you one the 3 gestures built into DTEK OS? Settings > swipe gestures (or even convenience key)
    06-16-18 10:24 PM