Just followed your instructions, a notification stated that 'checkin succeeded ' and in the settings the 'last time checked ' reflects the forced update's execution.

All to no avail: still have an March 5 patch that's up to date. I wonder if a reset is in order. Ugh.
    05-09-17 01:49 PM
    Just followed your instructions, a notification stated that 'checkin succeeded ' and in the settings the 'last time checked ' reflects the forced update's execution.

All to no avail: still have an March 5 patch that's up to date. I wonder if a reset is in order. Ugh.
    Where did you buy the phone?
    05-09-17 01:52 PM
    Uh oh, I was wondering if that could be an issue. I bought the phone new through DirectCanada.com (February 22).

Perhaps I should add I'm with Koodo (Telus) as well.
    05-09-17 01:57 PM
    Uh oh, I was wondering if that could be an issue. I bought the phone new through DirectCanada.com (February 22).

Perhaps I should add I'm with Koodo (Telus) as well.
    For fun, remove your SIM card, reboot your device, and try the above code again.
    05-09-17 02:07 PM
    I'm all for fun! Unfortunately it was no go; still stuck on March 5. Switched off Developer Options too.

I'm close to d/ling an auto loader. Before I do is there anything else I can try?
    05-09-17 02:23 PM
    I'm all for fun! Unfortunately it was no go; still stuck on March 5. Switched off Developer Options too.

I'm close to d/ling an auto loader. Before I do is there anything else I can try?
    Contact the seller to confirm whether the device was truly factory-unlocked or simply an unlocked carrier-branded phone. If the latter, you will need the originating carrier's SIM card to get the update. If the former, you should already have the updates.

The third possibility is that the IMEI of your device is somehow caught in limbo.

Perhaps you should resolve the problem before running the autoloader, because that will not fix it for future updates.

DTEK60 / Z30
    05-09-17 02:43 PM
    Ok, if I read you correctly the only two possibilities are that I've a 'unlocked carrier-branded phone' or the IMEI is somehow null.

There's something else: when I initially booted up the phone up it went through the process of updating the software (and I assume the security patches). Further, if I recall correctly the phone did update the March 05 patch a couple of weeks after I configured it. So it has gone through at least one iteration of security patch updates.
    05-09-17 03:45 PM
    So it has gone through at least one iteration of security patch updates.
    Which leads me to believe it may be a former Telus-branded device.

It's just a strange situation.
    05-09-17 04:08 PM

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Mobility/...ule/ta-p/53566

Says they pushed out a DTEK50 update on the 1st of May, though.
    05-09-17 07:55 PM
    https://forum.telus.com/t5/Mobility/...ule/ta-p/53566

Says they pushed out a DTEK50 update on the 1st of May, though.
    Well then, I'm stumped.
    05-09-17 08:13 PM
    Well then, I'm stumped.
    I have a telus DTEK50 and same thing. Got the March update but nothing yet for April or may. I read the same telus Web page.
    05-09-17 11:25 PM
    I bought my DTEK60 from Amazon. The update was available for download today.
    Attached Thumbnails May 17 sec patch out for some-10734.jpg  
    05-10-17 06:15 AM
    As of last night, my PRIV on Rogers just got updated from Feb to Apr. The best I can tell, Rogers could care less about security.
    05-10-17 07:58 AM
    I got today and is for April 1, 2017 not May for Rogers Canada
    05-10-17 08:02 AM
    Got the May update on unlocked Priv STV100-3 in Australia today 13 May 17
    05-12-17 04:33 PM
    Got it on my PRIV today...
    05-12-17 05:29 PM

For reference, just a followup. I've added a brief email exhange with my DTEK50's vendor at the end of this post.

Since in all other respects my DTEK50 is functioning perfectly, and I'm satisfied with its performance, if the monthly security updates don't kick in I'll resort to the autoloaders every half dozen months or so -- I'm definitely not going through the procedure every month just to be current.

Thank you for your insights Conite; in appreciation your expertise has been acknowledged in the following email exchange. I've dubbed you my official IT Department!

BEGIN EMAILS----------

From Direct Canada

May 11, 5:43 PM PDT

Hi Luke,

I see that these are bios unlocked so they should still get the updates. If there is anything else we can help you with, or if you have any other questions or concerns please let us know.
    Thanks

--------

May 9, 2:02 PM PDT

To DirectCanada,

I've a technical question regarding the Blackberry DTEK50 purchased from DirectCanada.com on February 22, 2017.

I'd like to know if the DTEK50 was a factory unlocked model (meant for retail sale) or a carrier phone that was subsequently unlocked (then sold through DirectCanada).

The reason I ask is that it bears on the DTEK50 receiving monthly android security updates. My IT department informs me that if DirectCanada's DTEK50s were not unlocked at the factory then I won't receive the necessary updates. Thank you -- Luke
    05-13-17 01:10 AM
    Well, I'm baffled, but definitely not complaining.

After all my previous posts concerning a lack of updates I just (manually) checked and voila there's an update.

I've gone from March directly to May; no April patch for me. No explanation; I've changed nothing.

Setup: unlocked Dtek50 STH100-1; Canada; Koodo (Telus) --> May 5 update installed.
    05-15-17 11:42 PM
    Asia Pacific priv updated, 198.2mb. (Sydney)

Don't think it went through the updating apps phase, but can't be sure.

I left it for about 2 mins at the most when it was approx third installed and then it was at 'finishing boot' stage when I looked again.
    Attached Thumbnails May 17 sec patch out for some-26301.jpg  
    05-16-17 05:39 PM
    05-16-17 05:46 PM
    Congrats
    Did you get your may update yet? Did it update the apps?
    05-16-17 05:51 PM
    Finally got my May update with Rogers last night.
    05-24-17 08:10 AM
47 12