On the latest version of Device Search, there is a bug whereby the previous search is not cleared when you start a new search (for example, try mapping Device Search to the 's' keyboard shortcut, or the convenience key on the KEYone, launching it once, typing some characters, switching to another app and then launching it again).

Does anyone know a workaround?

I've found something promising as a start: If you manually activate the search action (for example using "Oh my shortcut app" package: com.blackberry.universalsearch and the class com.blackberry.assistantapp.MainActivity) but ALSO add the flag intent.FLAG_ACTIVITY_CLEAR_TASK then the text is cleared. I can't find anyway to save this as a shortcut though, if I save it to the Homescreen with 'Oh My Shortcut' then the 'Clear' behaviour seems to get lost. (I notice that the way the launcher starts Device Search, it sends the keypresses you've typed to it, so there must be a way to launch device search WITH a search string too, perhaps setting that to a blank string ("") would do the trick...)

Hopefully someone can pick up where I've left off!

The other thing that would work well for me would be to reduce the delay between typing something a device search showing up when you've set the default action for typing to be 'Start a search'. It feels WAY too long at the moment...
    05-03-17 12:48 PM
    Which version of device search app is on KEYone, cause version 1.2.0.x (march 17) on Priv fixed this not clearing of previous search and fixed the letters dropping while typing at the expense of speed (takes 2sec to launch from launcher screen at pkb just typing).

OK tried to rebuild your setting and yes it also does NOT clear on Priv if started with longpress shortcut switch to another app and launch it again by longpress.

Try not to launch search with shortcut, but just typing on launcher (short-press shortcuts have to be disabled) - with this setting the field always clears before the new search is put into the field.
    05-07-17 12:48 PM
    So previous search can clear only when using the keyboard to start a new search, not when tapping the Device Search icon or when using a shortcut...

Is that the case? Can anyone confirm it?
    06-14-18 02:54 AM