Activating both long press shortcuts and the search from home screen doesn't work well. Whenever I use a shortcut for thinks that do not show some screen the search window will open with the just pressed letters.

For example I have assigned Q to toggle the ring tone (vibrate, mute, normal). When I long press Q the ring tone toggles but after that the search window opens showing me something like "qqqqq". I have to time the long press duration very accurately to avoid that. The same happens eg when turning on the torch.

Is there anything I can do to keep the search from being activated after long press?
    08-16-17 01:52 AM
    Activating both long press shortcuts and the search from home screen doesn't work well. Whenever I use a shortcut for thinks that do not show some screen the search window will open with the just pressed letters.

For example I have assigned Q to toggle the ring tone (vibrate, mute, normal). When I long press Q the ring tone toggles but after that the search window opens showing me something like "qqqqq". I have to time the long press duration very accurately to avoid that. The same happens eg when turning on the torch.

Is there anything I can do to keep the search from being activated after long press?
    Yes remove it!
    08-17-17 04:17 AM