Yes Linux IS affected on both sides, client and router but most attacks are against client side (and this also including linux PCs and IOT devices like TV/Radios/speakers...) but as I said also routers in certain configs.

Many statements of manufacturers are listed here:
    https://m.heise.de/security/meldung/...n-3863455.html
    10-20-17 01:43 AM
    Yes Linux IS affected on both sides, client and router but most attacks are against client side (and this also including linux PCs and IOT devices like TV/Radios/speakers...) but as I said also routers in certain configs.

Many statements of manufacturers are listed here:
    https://m.heise.de/security/meldung/...n-3863455.html
    Wonder what the odds are that LG will update the Wi-Fi on my four year old BlueRay player..... Or if Brother will update my six year old laser printer? There will be a lot of non-compliant IoT devices out there now.
    10-20-17 11:30 AM
    Zero and zero, respectively for odds.
    10-23-17 05:39 PM
    Linux in all its flavours fixed it. Windows fixed it. Mac is in beta.

Andoid gets a patch on November 6 only (for Pixel and Nexus) So when will Blackdroids get it? Even Lineage OS is planned for having it next week.

If security really is the key selling point maybe time to fire up a Blackberry World for Droidberry to be able to launch updates independent of slow 3rd party OS/advertising platform providers.

And then I got awake and only my dads Lumina 650 is cured for the moment.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-17 01:03 AM
    BlackBerry is patching Android devices since 27th together with the late delivered October secpatch:

/blackberry-priv-f440/android-october-17-security-update-1127865-post13057160/

So they are one of few manufacturers patching prior to Google, at least for BBshop devices:

"An updated software build to remediate these issues has been included in BlackBerry powered by Android builds identified by the Build numbers AAQ280, AAQ281, or AAQ289.

* For customers with BlackBerry powered by Android smartphones purchased through ShopBlackBerry.com, BlackBerry has begun making the fix available and will continue to deploy builds as they become available.
    * For customers with BlackBerry powered by Android smartphones not purchased directly from BlackBerry, please consult your carrier or licensed manufacturer. "
    10-29-17 05:55 AM
30 12