I dropped my Keyone facedown on a wood floor the other day. The screen looks/works fine, but it does not respond to touch of any kind. No cracks, no scratches. It had a plastic screen protector on it, and it was in a case. It looks brand new. I have tried this so far to fix it:
    -Normal reboot
    -Power cycle reboot (holding down for 32 seconds apparently?)
    -Removing back case of phone, unscrewing battery connector, power cycling phone, screwing battery connector back on, rebooting
    -Step above, but also now unscrewing the protector bar over the screen clip, popping out the screen clip, putting it back in, and rebooting (in this video, it's basically everything up to 1:37: ). Also I cleaned the screen clip connector with isopropyl alcohol just in case.

Still, touch screen does not work at all. Phone is other wise fine. Gets signal, charges, receives messages, keyboard OK. Just touch doesn't work.

I went ahead and bought a new LCD screen, and I plan on replacing the whole thing. However, if there's another way to fix the problem before I possibly destroy my phone replacing the screen, I'd like to know please. Thank you.
    Last edited by warpday; 04-15-20 at 04:38 AM.
    04-15-20 03:16 AM
    Can take it apart and see if the connectors came loose.
    04-15-20 07:47 AM
    Can take it apart and see if the connectors came loose.
    Can you expand on this please? Which connectors?
    04-15-20 03:42 PM
    Can you expand on this please? Which connectors?
    There will be a ribbon cable that connects the digitizer to the motherboard. I've not taken apart a KeyOne, but here's the iFixIt link, and I'm pretty sure it's one of the cables on Step 11.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/BlackBe...assembly/92149
    04-22-20 03:27 PM
    You might also want to watch this video. It looks like the digitizer is part of the same cable as the LCD panel, so you might have to replace the entire screen - a relatively easy process on the K1.

04-22-20 03:30 PM