Is anyone else experiencing an uneven click both by feel and audibly on the Keyone spacebar? Mine is much more of a hard click and louder towards the right side when pressing. When pressing towards the left side it is a much softer feel and quiet. Do I have a jacked up spacebar or is this normal?
    06-10-17 12:53 PM
    Have experienced this with a shop Demo Unit on display. One reason that kept me away from buying.
    06-10-17 01:11 PM
    Same here. No big deal for me.
    06-10-17 01:27 PM
    They had such a huge delay with launching date, and still the phone has issues...
    06-11-17 04:10 AM
    Mine is like that. I noticed it but didn't think much about it until I seen this post. Not a big deal. I'm more semi concerned out my right shift key. It kinda wobbles and has a sticky sound when it touches the sym key. When I wobble it and push it to the bottom right corner it kinda feels like it's gonna get stuck. Again, not a big deal but the left side shift keys isn't like that at all...
    06-11-17 09:39 AM
    That sucks. I'd return it for a new one. It should be an even feeling all around. Don't settle for less with such an expensive device.

Posted via CB10
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    06-11-17 09:42 AM
    I'm starting to think that the spacebar is this way across all devices due to the design with the finger print sensor. It really isn't an issue as it is very minor(most users probably wouldn't even know). Coming from the passport se keyboard I am very in tune with how everything feels on the Keyone.
    06-11-17 11:35 AM
    I would like to hear thoughts on this by someone like Kevin who has had his hands on numerous Keyones for months now.
    06-11-17 11:40 AM
    Same here...left side, mushy....right side, hard click...does it matter?
    06-11-17 08:15 PM
    Same here...left side, mushy....right side, hard click...does it matter?
    no, as long as it doesn't break in the future. I almost prefer the feel on the softer side now.
    06-11-17 11:33 PM
    Every PKB blackberry I ever had had some variability like this. There are different components behind the various parts of the PKB. I would not expect it to be completely uniform.
    06-12-17 12:36 AM
    Every PKB blackberry I ever had had some variability like this. There are different components behind the various parts of the PKB. I would not expect it to be completely uniform.
    I've owned many, many BlackBerry PKB devices and have never experienced uneven physical feedback on a spacebar key.

Why would you actually "expect" it to be non uniform? That's ridiculous.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-17 02:59 AM
    I've owned many, many BlackBerry PKB devices and have never experienced uneven physical feedback on a spacebar key.

Why would you actually "expect" it to be non uniform? That's ridiculous.

Posted via CB10
    I am talking about the various keys not the space bar (which is not just a space bar now). Read through the forums and with literally every PKB device there are people that are complaining the 'B' key is slightly more clicky than the others, etc. Really nitpicking stuff. Yeah.
    06-12-17 01:48 PM
    Hi,

Started the same question on reddit:

Only 2 people reported "even feeling".
    https://www.reddit.com/r/blackberry/...yone_spacebar/

But its still annoying me a-lot.....
    06-13-17 02:37 PM
    Hi,

Started the same question on reddit:

Only 2 people reported "even feeling".
    https://www.reddit.com/r/blackberry/...yone_spacebar/

But its still annoying me a-lot.....
    Thanks for starting the reddit thread also. I feel better knowing it is basically by design at this point. I really enjoy the "I can't unfeel it now" comments.
    06-14-17 02:02 PM
    Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I searched and this was all I could find on this. My space bar started making a loud audible click sound when I hit it and it feels loose. This brings attention to me as I type notes at meetings etc...

Anyone find a solution to this? Is the keyboard changeable? I'm not sure I can live with this loud click from a device this expensive but I got my device off eBay so not sure if I have any warranty options...
    03-01-18 08:59 PM
    Is anyone else experiencing an uneven click both by feel and audibly on the Keyone spacebar? Mine is much more of a hard click and louder towards the right side when pressing. When pressing towards the left side it is a much softer feel and quiet. Do I have a jacked up spacebar or is this normal?
    Same on my Black Edition KEYone... I have learned to live with it.

However, I now have an unresponsive S keyboard button...

Somehow, the built quality does not match the Passport.
    03-17-18 02:35 PM
    Somehow, the built quality does not match the Passport.
    Not on the keyboard, that's for sure. If I have to hear, "that's why you need a VKB" one more time I'm going to throw this thing across the room...

But here's what I learned, the space bar isn't part of the keyboard... So this may help you.

BlackBerry KEYone Keypad Black
    03-17-18 04:34 PM