Following instructions to press power button and volume down simultaneously to get a screenshot, but, doesn't work.
    Anyone can advise?
    12-12-17 12:22 AM
    Following instructions to press power button and volume down simultaneously to get a screenshot, but, doesn't work.
    Anyone can advise?
    It does work but can sometimes be a problem. They need to be pressed pretty much as the same time but maybe starting with the Power Button and quickly add the Vol down. Sometimes, for me, I wind up moving the Vol down and don't get the screen shot.
    12-12-17 09:28 AM
    Go to android market download DU recorder , nice application
    12-20-17 04:16 PM
    I had hit-or-miss, mostly miss, with what seems to me a very impractical method to push the two buttons with perfect timing. Finally, just as practice seemed to be increasing my success rate, I assigned the "Capture and annotate" (Notable) app to the convenience key under Settings.

KEYone Screenshot-1514061592136.jpg

or, practice, practice, practice....
    FF22 likes this.
    12-23-17 02:44 PM
    Really?! Is there anything that does work on this KEYone phone?

The entire internet seems to be raving about it, but I'm really dissapointed coming from a Passport.

I mean, come on. Even taking a freaking screenshot is not properly implemented?!

I haven't managed to take a single screenshot (which of course works perfectly fine on the Passport).
    03-08-18 12:09 PM
    Wouldn't it be good if a screen shot could be added to a keyboard short cut. The passport is still awesome ;-)

Posted via CB10
    03-08-18 12:22 PM
    Power + Vol Down works just fine, and always has, on my KeyONE. Notable is laughable at taking screen shots in a usable manner. Just gotta hold it down for, like, 2-3 seconds.
    03-08-18 02:20 PM
    I find Notable quite easy to take screen shots

When the Notable app is loaded, just pull down from the top of the screen that you want to capture, and the screen shot caption should be there. Just tap.

I find it very useful.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-18 08:26 PM
    Really?! Is there anything that does work on this KEYone phone?

The entire internet seems to be raving about it, but I'm really dissapointed coming from a Passport.

I mean, come on. Even taking a freaking screenshot is not properly implemented?!

I haven't managed to take a single screenshot (which of course works perfectly fine on the Passport).
    Sorry man but this is user error. It's very simple really. Hold down the power and Volume down keys at the same time. Keep holding them till it takes a screen shot then let go. Not sure how you haven't managed to do it once.
    Last edited by ray689; 03-08-18 at 08:51 PM.
    03-08-18 08:27 PM
    I find Notable quite easy to take screen shots

When the Notable app is loaded, just pull down from the top of the screen that you want to capture, and the screen shot caption should be there. Just tap.

I find it very useful.

Posted via CB10
    The problem is when the Notable app is loaded. I'm on the screen I want to screenshot. I don't want to open an app and wait for it to load to take a picture of another app. There's a reason the feature was built into Android. If I want to add a screenshot to a note, then I will attach the photo to that note.

Far more simple and quick is it to push Power+VolDown on the screen you're looking at.
    03-09-18 10:32 AM
    Convenience key set to Notable (Capture and annotate), here. That's the simplest solution I've found.

KEYone Screenshot-1520613512482.jpg
    03-09-18 10:43 AM
    Convenience key set to Notable (Capture and annotate), here. That's the simplest solution I've found.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1520613512482.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	434840
    I use my convenience key for Google Assistant, and I'm pretty used to that. Even if Notable is set to the convenience key, it's still faster to use Power+VolDown
    03-09-18 03:56 PM
    what's wrong with you guys? just tap those two buttons and hold on till it takes a screenshot...impossible to miss!
    03-09-18 04:08 PM
    The problem is when the Notable app is loaded. I'm on the screen I want to screenshot. I don't want to open an app and wait for it to load to take a picture of another app. There's a reason the feature was built into Android. If I want to add a screenshot to a note, then I will attach the photo to that note.

Far more simple and quick is it to push Power+VolDown on the screen you're looking at.
    Okay I know what you mean but what I am saying is that there is a way for configure Notable so that all you need to do is pull down from the top of the screen (like you were going to access Settings) and there will be a banner saying Take a Screenshot. Just tap and it instantly takes an image of whatever is on your screen. There is no fumbling with trying to synchronize pushing the buttons.

It gets saved in Notable and from there you can forward by email or whatever you are wanting to do

In the Notable app, go to settings and activate Show a Screenshot option to enable the banner I'm talking about.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-18 04:10 PM
    Okay I know what you mean but what I am saying is that there is a way for configure Notable so that all you need to do is pull down from the top of the screen (like you were going to access Settings) and there will be a banner saying Take a Screenshot. Just tap and it instantly takes an image of whatever is on your screen. There is no fumbling with trying to synchronize pushing the buttons.

It gets saved in Notable and from there you can forward by email or whatever you are wanting to do

In the Notable app, go to settings and activate Show a Screenshot option to enable the banner I'm talking about.

Posted via CB10
    I know how to use Notable. I tried working with it. It's not an app I find worth using when OneNote does it better (besides the screenshot feature).

What I don't see is how people can't press the Power and VolDown keys at the same time. I usually do a "rocking" press, so I press down power then press down VolDown. I do not try to press them at the exact same time because you don't have to. As long as they're pressed close enough together. I think what people are doing is they are not holding down the buttons long enough. Hold it down about 2~3 seconds and it should work. If not, try again.

One thing I hate about apps is a persistent notification, like weather apps. So annoying, in my opinion.
    03-09-18 06:53 PM
    I use my convenience key for Google Assistant, and I'm pretty used to that. Even if Notable is set to the convenience key, it's still faster to use Power+VolDown
    How can pressing two keys be faster than pressing one?
    FF22 likes this.
    03-10-18 01:34 PM
    How can pressing two keys be faster than pressing one?
    I don't have to wait for an app to load and take the screen shot, or tell the app to save it. Simply pressing the key combo and boom, screenshot is done and saved to my gallery. Then I can attach it easily to a text, e-mail, or upload to a service. This key combo also works on most other Android devices.
    rolfep likes this.
    03-13-18 02:32 PM
    I don't have to wait for an app to load and take the screen shot, or tell the app to save it. Simply pressing the key combo and boom, screenshot is done and saved to my gallery. Then I can attach it easily to a text, e-mail, or upload to a service. This key combo also works on most other Android devices.
    Yes, I tried and it's as you say, faster. For some reason, I was thinking the two-button method acted the same as the shortcut set to Notable. Thanks for clarifying that for me!
    03-13-18 02:42 PM
    Sorry man but this is user error. It's very simple really. Hold down the power and Volume down keys at the same time. Keep holding them till it takes a screen shot then let go. Not sure how you haven't managed to do it once.
    It would have helped if any of the prior posts had said that for the Power+VolDwn combination, you need to hold it a while. A second or oneandahalf. But much longer than any other keypress, so it is not obvious when you hit + release & nothing happens.
    09-08-18 12:16 AM