All made in china lol
    Well, that will certainly make it more difficult to try and narrow down the batch of effected units. Maybe those unfortunate enough to be experiencing these screen issues can share their information printed on the box. If there is a common thread that ties all of these defective units to a single production run, perhaps BBMobile might consider trying to address the issue en masse.
    06-03-17 09:26 AM
    I'm confused. The keyone looks and feels like a tank, however my screen is pulling up on the bottom after only after about two days of light use. My phone has no wear, damage or problems other than the screen and has just been essentially in my pocket and babied outside it.

I can't even figure out how it happened. The only thing I can think of is the weather was hot over here and maybe it came loose that way but I see no adhesive, glue or anything. Inspecting the screen it almost seems like the manufacturing process is just sliding the screen into the slot and hoping because it's a tight squeeze it just stays there. Anyhow, included a couple of pictures and hoping I got a faulty phone. Disappointed though. I'll begrudgingly send it back as it was a brilliant phone but makes me feel uneasy about a second keyone because this phone took no abuse.
    I'm having the same issue currently, I didn't notice it same time because I have on screen protector and a hard case, so the case was hiding it when I remove the case I can see the screen lifting from the body of the phone, and I've never drop or squeeze my blackberry keyone, when you touch the right hand corner of the phone you can hear the clicking sound when you press the side lifting up. I really hope this is not a manufacturer problem because this will divert people from buying the device.
    06-03-17 11:08 AM
    Too all the people upset about the keyone screen lift, the same exact thing happend to two of my passports. The issue is the phone gets hot and TCL must have used an adhesive that is not meant to contrast andexpand with excess heat.

The solution is to get some gorilla glue, a card or thin piece of paper and put the glue between the glass and the body, let it sit for a bit.

I ordered mine a few days ago and I figured they haven't changed this issue, I can understand why you all are upset but it's an easy fix. The battery is clearly the issue but I'd rather have a screen lift issue as opposed to ****ty battery life.
    Im having the same issue with my keyone and honestly I had the same issue with 3 of my passport and I never knew it was caused by the battery I always think is me causing it, but after seeing my keyone screen lifting I just notice it's a manufacturer problem and as you said it's an easy fix.
    06-03-17 11:28 AM
    Well 6 people now
    06-03-17 11:41 AM
    Im having the same issue with my keyone and honestly I had the same issue with 3 of my passport and I never knew it was caused by the battery I always think is me causing it, but after seeing my keyone screen lifting I just notice it's a manufacturer problem and as you said it's an easy fix.
    How is the battery causing the problem?
    06-03-17 12:10 PM
    Is any one with screen lift issue, put your device in pocket of pants? Just curious.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-17 12:37 PM
    Let's be honest - the user should not have to glue their device back together (although it is not hard to appreciate the Duct Tape poster!!!!). It should have the proper assembly at the plant. I don't know if that assembly includes some kind of glue/adhesive/sticky-tape or some very tight press-fit. But it is obviously being done wrong. And suggesting that it be glued by the user could lead to more difficult repairs if the screen had a need to be replaced and the glue would not release.

Just make sure that BB Mobile is hearing about this.
    kbz1960 and terminatorx like this.
    06-03-17 01:17 PM
    Oh man. I shouldn't have read this thread. I was so happy with my device. Now I checked the screen and the down right corner is coming off. I do have a 1mm screen lifting.

I will try to use it this way. But if it gets worse i will return it and get a new one.
    06-03-17 01:42 PM
    I vote for @Uzi to keep track of how many KEYone owners are having issues, and what kind. It may be necessary to get a Questionnaire Form built, for owners to fill out, in order to get to a core issue that TCL can identify and address.
    Yay Uzi!!
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    06-03-17 02:11 PM
    I vote for @Uzi to keep track of how many KEYone owners are having issues, and what kind. It may be necessary to get a Questionnaire Form built, for owners to fill out, in order to get to a core issue that TCL can identify and address.
    Yay Uzi!!
    I second that motion!!!
    06-03-17 02:17 PM
    Oh man. I shouldn't have read this thread. I was so happy with my device. Now I checked the screen and the down right corner is coming off. I do have a 1mm screen lifting.

I will try to use it this way. But if it gets worse i will return it and get a new one.
    This is all I needed to read. I will wait until these issues are ironed out before laying out $549. I don't have a good feeling about this. Hopefully future runs will be better.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    06-03-17 02:28 PM
    This is personal choice and preference of course, but I would recommend NOT supergluing your screen. This is a QC issue and TCL should fix it. You shouldn't have to Put glue on your phone to hold your screen together. What if something else happens later? Would that void the warranty? I don't know… However, you should not have to compromise the integrity of your phone When you can get a replacement device for free. The dilemma is that none are available right now… So, I understand you wanting to keep it since it seems like a simple fix. But, you need to look long-term as well. Again, this is just my two cents. I'm sorry about your misfortune.

Posted via CB10
    terminatorx, howarmat and falbo like this.
    06-03-17 03:55 PM
    sorry to hear about your KeyOne. Had mine for 4 days and it is the BB I have ever had...and I have used them all!! Feels fantastic and keyboard is the best especially since I have been using virtual keyboard recently. nice to get back to the real BB! I am sure your phone is a one-off and i am sure your replacement will be perfect
    06-03-17 04:34 PM

Number 7
    sirius27 likes this.
    06-03-17 08:31 PM
    I know it's a small number of users so far, but its disappointing to hear. I'm sure there are TCL and BlackBerry employees reading these threads, so hopefully someone is getting a little nervous and doing some internal inquiry on this matter. I was looking forward to buy a K1, but if I get one this early I'm going to be paranoid and constantly pressing the screen to test if this problem is happening.
    06-03-17 09:52 PM
    This is all I needed to read. I will wait until these issues are ironed out before laying out $549. I don't have a good feeling about this. Hopefully future runs will be better.
    In our case it is shelling out ~$800 cad after taxes. No thanks.

Let them get their manufacturing fixed first because this is not a small number for the amount that's actually sold. Probably not even 10, 000 units.
    06-03-17 11:05 PM
    Also K1 owners out there that don't do CB at all.
    In all honesty I doubt there's much of those.
    I'd be interested in seeing those statistics. I'd actually wager that the majority of KEYone purchasers are NOT on CB at all.
    06-04-17 12:28 AM
    How is the battery causing the problem?
    Edit: Think those referring to the battery are associating it with heating. For example when using a high amperage charger.

Overheating causes the adhesive to soften and reduces it's effectiveness over time. The upper right corner of my Passport screen is loose and this is where it gets hot when I'm red-lining it.

Disappointed about it on my phone but not surprised since it has had heavy use for over two years.

This problem on a brand new phone is unacceptable. I doubt overheating is the cause since they are so new. It's a factory defect on the K1.
    Last edited by Tim-ANC; 06-04-17 at 01:17 AM.
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    06-04-17 12:54 AM
    Number 7
    I think @rashy is UK.
    @Eychei what model do you have?
    06-04-17 12:57 AM
    I'll bet this is a "one guy issue" and his name is Chan. Chan isn't the brightest guy in the factory, but he's the managers son. So they gave Chan the simplest job to do: Glue down the screens. Well, Chan has a drug problem and sniffed the glue as he worked, so a few models got past him on the assembly line as he tweaked out.

That's my theory.
    06-04-17 07:23 AM
    One shouldn't have to superglue their brand new, off the assembly line phone thats just crazy talk. My advice would be to return the darn thing if you do touch it then they wont honor the warranty should something else happen down the line.
    terminatorx and kbz1960 like this.
    06-04-17 09:05 AM
    I did have this problem with my first passport. I was furious.
    06-04-17 10:11 AM
    My device is from germany
    06-04-17 11:59 AM
    I'd be interested in seeing those statistics. I'd actually wager that the majority of KEYone purchasers are NOT on CB at all.
    They will be eventually, once the problems set in/the screen falls off.
    06-04-17 12:04 PM
    If they were readily available I'd probably return it. Since they aren't, I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

I don't know how bad your's is, but mine will just barely move down when pressed. It almost makes me wish mine was a little higher up so I could try super gluing it back down.
    You should contact them and say that you are having the issue now but want to hold on to the phone until they have one ready to ship to replace it. At least let them have it on record that you have this problem now so they don't claim it's outside the warranty period or whatever...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    06-04-17 12:59 PM
141 ... 23456