Hello all.

My keyone has been perfect except it reboots on its own about 20 times per day. I have factory reset the device and set it up via device transfer, as well as have set it up manually after a factory reset. I am at a loss as to what to do, and am thinking I may have to return it. Any advice/ideas?

Thank you!
    06-12-17 12:40 PM
    Default smartphone. Return it for exchange with a new BlackBerry KEYone. This is definitely a hardware issue.
    karsteac and terminatorx like this.
    06-12-17 12:50 PM
    Whuut? You have BlackBerry 10.0 on your K1?

Posted via CB10
    06-12-17 12:53 PM
    had the very same problem but with my BB Priv. Sent It back to vendor after trying factory reset... Don t waist your time trying to solve this.
    i have a K1 for a month and all well.
    karsteac likes this.
    06-12-17 01:25 PM
    Okay. I will start the process of returning it. Has anyone had experience with exchanging their K1 through Amazon? I'm hoping it's a relatively painless process
    06-12-17 02:07 PM
    Maybe it's a specific app that you installed causing it to reboot?
    06-12-17 05:42 PM
    I don't have any "weird/sketchy" apps on my phone. They're all pretty standard/mainstream productivity and social media apps. Is there a way to check if an app is contributing to it?
    06-12-17 05:51 PM
    Definitely send back. No problems on mine since day 1
    karsteac likes this.
    06-12-17 08:41 PM
    As long as there is stock of KEYone smartphones on Amazon and you're within their exchange or return period, Amazon exchanges are really easy and super fast.

My Amazon experience with another product altogether and having to exchange it more than once was exceptional. I would only imagine it would work the same for anynody.

You get the replacement first, then have 30 days to send the original device back to Amazon or they charge your credit card. Very simple and easy. Fair.
    Last edited by AwkwardUnkleHug; 06-12-17 at 11:41 PM.
    06-12-17 11:16 PM
    are you using an SD card in the phone? if so take it out and see.
    06-14-17 09:06 PM
    Amazon exchanges are really easy and super fast.

My Amazon experience...was exceptional. I would only imagine it would work the same for anynody.

...Very simple and easy.
    I can attest to this. I almost live on Amazon, and have returned/exchanged countless things. The ease of this process is second to none.
    06-14-17 10:08 PM
    Update to AAL964

I bought a keyone from Amazon and the phone was restarting like 20 times doing random tasks such as composing an email, browsing Chrome, watching YouTube etc. I didn't want to exchange the device yet because amazon gives me 30 days - and my unit was otherwise perfect. It didn't have any of the backlighting issues on the keys and navigation bar that other users are reporting.

I opened a support ticket with Blackberry Mobile regarding this issue and they replied asking for some specifics, such as IMEI and my address etc. The next day I received this update along with an email that my ticket was closed. I don't know if they manually pushed this update to my device (is that even possible?) or if the update was just unrelated and lucky timing, but in either case, my phone has not rebooted itself once in three days. I've even been trying to force a reboot by heavy multitasking, app jumping, media consumption in the background, and nothing, no more terrible crash/reboots.

Hope this helps you!
    06-17-17 07:55 AM
    hello,

I have the same problem.
    I let a mail / https://www.blackberrymobile.com/support/contact-us/
    Is it working ?or do you have any ohter adress ?
    thanks

[more]
    i have rebooted it / explainations from bby team / green screen . From this morning juste 4 reboots instead 20 :[ ....
    I think i ll have to restore it to initial configuration even if I don't have any "weird/sketchy" apps on my phone. They're all pretty standard, like you karsteac...
    turn off
    turn on : while pressing on/off + volume up -> green screen and good luck guys
    Last edited by jcholder; 07-11-17 at 11:48 AM.
    07-11-17 03:55 AM