Hi, just bought a Keyone after previously using a Passport using the same SIM card from Ting (they are an MVNO using T-Mobile network). However, when I turn on the mobile hotspot I get the following Android error notification in my tray:

"Cause: OEM_DCFAILCAUSE_5

Unable to Establish a Wireless Data Connection"

- I followed the APN setup here: at ting articles/205428698-GSM-Android-APN-setup-guide and have quadruple checked it character for character.

- I had no issues with my BB10 Passport using the exact same SIM two days ago.

Does anyone have a clue as to why I may be getting this error? Is there anyone here using Ting on an android BB that has had success?

Or maybe someone that has a Keyone and T-Mobile that has got it working (I would consider a switch of carrier)

Thanks
    01-29-18 08:12 PM
    Hi, just bought a Keyone after previously using a Passport using the same SIM card from Ting (they are an MVNO using T-Mobile network). However, when I turn on the mobile hotspot I get the following Android error notification in my tray:

"Cause: OEM_DCFAILCAUSE_5

Unable to Establish a Wireless Data Connection"

- I followed the APN setup here: at ting articles/205428698-GSM-Android-APN-setup-guide and have quadruple checked it character for character.

- I had no issues with my BB10 Passport using the exact same SIM two days ago.

Does anyone have a clue as to why I may be getting this error? Is there anyone here using Ting on an android BB that has had success?

Or maybe someone that has a Keyone and T-Mobile that has got it working (I would consider a switch of carrier)

Thanks
    Welcome to Crackberry. Have you Googled that error message? I can tell you it does work on my Verizon cdma KeyOne which surprised the heck out of me - nothing "extra" ever works on Verizon without paying! Have you called Ting support?

Maybe someone will have some idea?
    01-29-18 11:25 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry. Have you Googled that error message? I can tell you it does work on my Verizon cdma KeyOne which surprised the heck out of me - nothing "extra" ever works on Verizon without paying! Have you called Ting support?

Maybe someone will have some idea?
    Yes have Google the message. Someone on this forum said it worked on ting but they got the error on mintsim. I send a message to ting support. For now I will have to use the trusty passport on the train.
    01-30-18 08:45 AM
    Looks like t-mobile only allow ting to use 3g for hotspot. Ting helped me change the cell preference to 4g/3g/2g. Now works. Unfortunately I have to go into settings to toggle this and the hotspot to get it working. My other thing I can do is just get a t mobile sim instead.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-30-18 11:46 AM