I've finally taken the plunge and got a KEYone Black Edition a couple of days ago.

Coming from a PRIV and previously a Passport (device from which I'm posting), I've found the KEYone to be the true heir of the latter. It's so far a better device compared to the PRIV and feels much more of a workhorse.

Anyway, I've found a few details which I'd like to share and if a workaround exists, be able to solve them:

1.- The BlackBerry logo (as seen on my current signature) is not recognised in text by my KEYone. I remember when I first bought the PRIV, it had the same issue, but after some updates it began displaying. Are all KEYone's facing this or could it be an issue of my device?

2.- I have setup the fingerprint lock feature. Likewise, I've set the long press "K" key for locking the screen. However, when I lock the screen this way, I'm prompted to unlock the phone with my password. If I use the fingerprint sensor, it still ends up asking me for the password as it mentions "The administrator has locked the device".

The only way to use the fingerprint scanner to unlock is when the screen was locked by long pressing the power button and choosing "lock now" or after the 5 minute lock screen time I've set has passed. Is this a bug or the way it's programmed?

3.- I can't find the "wake-up screen when phone is lifted" nor the "turn off screen when phone is facing down" options, both available on the Passport and the PRIV. Is there some sort of hidden menu?

4.- SOLVED: How come the "Sunrise" alarm tone was not included? Anyway, I found the mp3 file in the forums a was able to enable it.

5.- Is there no easter egg game on Nougat? (OK, this last one is just pure curiosity)

Thanks in advance for any input!

NOTE: All apps are up to date and my KEYone is on the October security patch, showing it as the latest one (odd as the PRIV got the November patch).

 Passport (10.3.3.2163) /  KEYone (7.1.1)
    Last edited by JG_Agustin; 11-26-17 at 01:47 PM.
    LyoobaBerry and Parker_Lewis like this.
    11-26-17 01:14 PM
    5: https://lifehacker.com/how-to-play-g...egg-1786123017
    1: I don't know, but it's a system font-dependent glyph anyway, so BB could very well have omitted it from their KEYone OS. That would need someone with a device to check.

Also, the Priv isn't on November, while some KEYones are. If you're feeling impatient you can always use an autoloader, and edit the script file if you don't want to wipe your device: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...oader-1130889/
    11-26-17 06:19 PM
    5: https://lifehacker.com/how-to-play-g...egg-1786123017
    1: I don't know, but it's a system font-dependent glyph anyway, so BB could very well have omitted it from their KEYone OS. That would need someone with a device to check.

Also, the Priv isn't on November, while some KEYones are. If you're feeling impatient you can always use an autoloader, and edit the script file if you don't want to wipe your device: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...oader-1130889/
    Hopefully, they add the system font where the logo is visible in a future update, it looks cool on the "Sent from my..." signature.

And you're right, I stand corrected, I must have dreamt about a November patch on the PRIV, lol! Not feeling impatient at all and actually enjoying the KEYone, it's really way better than the PRIV, performance wise.

Just felt curious about some features or lack of, that caught my attention.

Thanks for the input!
    11-26-17 07:13 PM
    Hopefully, they add the system font where the logo is visible in a future update, it looks cool on the "Sent from my..." signature.
    It's "Sent from my [box]" on anything that isn't a BB, really.
    11-26-17 07:33 PM
    It's "Sent from my [box]" on anything that isn't a BB, really.
    I guess it's just nice placebo, lol.
    Last edited by JG_Agustin; 11-26-17 at 08:18 PM.
    11-26-17 07:56 PM
    for the easteregg game goto settings then about phone and long press on the Android version. when the big "N" logo pops up Press and hold the icon. a cat will apper at the bottom. then pull down your notification area and go into the quick settings edit mode. then add the empty cat Bowl. then click and feed the cats. wait and you'll get random cats visiting.
    12-01-17 01:57 AM