So, I just used 'OK Google' to set my alarm for tomorrow morning, and I did so from my Priv's lock screen - phone of course being locked, and I use picture password. To my surprise, after setting my alarm using voice command, the phone was completely unlocked without having to input a password at all! This seems like a major oversight/flaw for BlackBerry - unless I missed a setting somewhere??!!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-13-16 06:36 PM
    Do you any programs besides ADM set as device administrators?
    09-13-16 06:50 PM
    Don't know what ADM means. Android Device Manager?

I just attempted the same thing using normal alphanumeric password instead of picture password, and it goes back to the lock screen immediately as you would expect. It seems that the issue is a flaw ONLY with picture password.

09-13-16 06:56 PM
    Yes if you have a program set as active as device manager it can control/bypass your security settings and on occasion have bugs in lockscreen. Most people just have Android Device Manager active in Security settings so you can remote wipe your device when you lose it for example.
    09-13-16 07:34 PM
    I have ADM and BlackBerry Launcher as device administrators

09-13-16 08:01 PM
    Can anyone replicate OP? Maybe you did find a bug in the launcher/Blackberry framework.
    09-13-16 08:12 PM
    So, I just used 'OK Google' to set my alarm for tomorrow morning, and I did so from my Priv's lock screen - phone of course being locked, and I use picture password. To my surprise, after setting my alarm using voice command, the phone was completely unlocked without having to input a password at all! This seems like a major oversight/flaw for BlackBerry - unless I missed a setting somewhere??!!

It's not a flaw. It's a feature. This is a function of the "Trusted Voice" option in your "Smart Lock" settings. Google/Android over time learns your voice. It's yet another form of biometric security settings. If you go into your Smart Lock Settings, you can turn off "Trusted Voice". Even with it turned on, if somebody else were to try it, the device would not unlock.

[edit] The feature came about when the "Ok Google" key-phrase could be abused (ie... in a sports-bar where a Google commercial would come up and when the commercial used the phrase "ok google" every Android phone in the room would initiate a google search). So Google added the voice recognition element to triggering it on your phone. While they did that, they also added it as a feature to unlock your device under the Smart Lock options.
    Last edited by DenverRalphy; 09-14-16 at 04:17 PM.
    anon(3641385) and Ethynil like this.
    09-14-16 03:56 PM
    It's not a flaw. It's a feature. This is a function of the "Trusted Voice" option in your "Smart Lock" settings. Google/Android over time learns your voice. It's yet another form of biometric security settings. If you go into your Smart Lock Settings, you can turn off "Trusted Voice". Even with it turned on, if somebody else were to try it, the device would not unlock.

[edit] The feature came about when the "Ok Google" key-phrase could be abused (ie... in a sports-bar where a Google commercial would come up and when the commercial used the phrase "ok google" every Android phone in the room would initiate a google search). So Google added the voice recognition element to triggering it on your phone. While they did that, they also added it as a feature to unlock your device under the Smart Lock options.
    Strange that it didn't unlock the phone with alphanumeric password and only with picture password... just saying. Cool feature, though.

09-15-16 01:03 AM