I love the new feature, but I'm sorry, it's pretty dumb that you can't even save the edited piece somewhere on your internal or external memory card. Can this be updated soon? Thanks.
    06-24-18 12:50 PM
    I love the new feature, but I'm sorry, it's pretty dumb that you can't even save the edited piece somewhere on your internal or external memory card. Can this be updated soon? Thanks.
    I believe you are intended to take a screenshot of the redacted screen. It is then saved in Internal Memory with other screenshots, in the Pictures folder.
    06-24-18 01:17 PM
    I believe you are intended to take a screenshot of the redacted screen. It is then saved in Internal Memory with other screenshots, in the Pictures folder.
    Pretty sure you're wrong. If you take a screen shot, the bottom "edit bar" will obviously be included:
    Issue:  Privacy shade - Redactor - Can't even save the edited piece?!-screenshot_20180624-203621.jpg

This will not be included when you share the edited piece as an e-mail attachment. This is the piece you want to be able to save to a preferred place on the internal or external memory card. It's like they forgot to add a basic save possibility....
    06-24-18 01:50 PM
    Pretty sure you're wrong. If you take a screen shot, the bottom "edit bar" will obviously be included:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20180624-203621.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	437155

This will not be included when you share the edited piece as an e-mail attachment. This is the piece you want to be able to save to a preferred place on the internal or external memory card. It's like they forgot to add a basic save possibility....
    I guess you can share the Redacted Image with yourself via email and then save the file. I guess the redaction is so that you can share (one of its icon/functions) some of your screen with others but hide portions of the screen.
    06-24-18 08:19 PM
    I just tested this... Once you have the redacted screencap, use the "Share to" function to save it to photos, Goggle Drive, or to any folder on your device via your file manager -- which is one of the sharing options.
    06-24-18 09:25 PM
    @FF22, sure you could use this bypass if you would have a single file only, but surely this is not the way it is supposed to be, especially not if you have more files that you "redact" and want to save for later use. How it's now, it's just not convenient and hugely time-consuming on all parts.

I just tested this... Once you have the redacted screencap, use the "Share to" function to save it to photos, Goggle Drive, or to any folder on your device via your file manager -- which is one of the sharing options.
    Thanks for your imput, but uploading to Google Drive/Google Photos is also an highly inconvenient bypass/compromise (especially if you don't use it).
    But what I don't get, unlike you, I don't see any file manager in the list, hence no way (for me) to save it to the internal or external memory card. I use various photo apps (mostly F-Stop) and file managers (e.g. ES File Explorer Pro, BlackBerry's own. "Files") but they don't even appear in the share list (not in mine, at least) so that I could save it somewhere. You see any of them on your KeyOne when you click on Redactor's share link?

Issue:  Privacy shade - Redactor - Can't even save the edited piece?!-redactor.jpg
    06-25-18 04:00 AM
    @FF22, sure you could use this bypass if you would have a single file only, but surely this is not the way it is supposed to be, especially not if you have more files that you "redact" and want to save for later use. How it's now, it's just not convenient and hugely time-consuming on all parts.

Thanks for your imput, but uploading to Google Drive/Google Photos is also an highly inconvenient bypass/compromise (especially if you don't use it).
    But what I don't get, unlike you, I don't see any file manager in the list, hence no way (for me) to save it to the internal or external memory card. I use various photo apps (mostly F-Stop) and file managers (e.g. ES File Explorer Pro, BlackBerry's own. "Files") but they don't even appear in the share list (not in mine, at least) so that I could save it somewhere. You see any of them on your KeyOne when you click on Redactor's share link?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Redactor.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	140.0 KB 
ID:	437171
    What about the option showing in your screencap to share to "ES Save to..." that looks like it should take you into your file manager where you can choose where to save it.
    06-25-18 08:21 AM
    What about the option showing in your screencap to share to "ES Save to..." that looks like it should take you into your file manager where you can choose where to save it.
    I also have a FEW "file manager" options showing but a limited FEW. While I have Solid Explorer and Asus file managers, they don't show up. I wonder what controls those various apps that do show. Ghost Commander which I rarely use shows as does another FileManager, that I'm not as fond of, show. My Note Everything also shows up.

Interesting discussion, at least.
    06-25-18 08:58 AM
    I also have a FEW "file manager" options showing but a limited FEW. While I have Solid Explorer and Asus file managers, they don't show up. I wonder what controls those various apps that do show. Ghost Commander which I rarely use shows as does another FileManager, that I'm not as fond of, show. My Note Everything also shows up.

Well, I use Solid Explorer and it shows for me on both Priv and S8+. Odd.
    06-25-18 11:23 AM
    It would be nice to figure out how those "share with" apps wind up as an option.
    06-25-18 12:04 PM
    It would be nice to figure out how those "share with" apps wind up as an option.
    Lol
    Well, the Priv is on Marshmallow, of course. The S8+ is on Oreo. I wish I had a device on Nougat to compare -- I wonder if that's part of the reason?
    FF22 likes this.
    06-25-18 12:07 PM
    Nope, doesn't work. Hence this thread.

"ES Save to..." result:
    Issue:  Privacy shade - Redactor - Can't even save the edited piece?!-screenshot_20180625-184815.jpg

I like to know an answer to this question too. It would be only logical if end users could decide for themselves which apps show up and which don't when u use the share option.
    Some apps that pop up here I don't ever intend to use.

Lol
    Well, the Priv is on Marshmallow, of course. The S8+ is on Oreo. I wish I had a device on Nougat to compare -- I wonder if that's part of the reason?
    More file manager apps don't pop up once u hit the share option of redactor. Asus Filemanager (50 mil downloads) and Xiaomi file manager (10 mil downloads) for example. My preferred choice file manager: ES file explorer (pro) doesn't either, but even more silly, BlackBerry's/TCL's very own Files app or Locker also not show here LOL.

But anyways, saving via file manager apps is just time consuming. They should just add a save to function like on Notable. Much more user friendly and convenient.

Issue:  Privacy shade - Redactor - Can't even save the edited piece?!-screenshot_20180628-134258.jpgIssue:  Privacy shade - Redactor - Can't even save the edited piece?!-screenshot_20180628-134311.jpg

Also, while they're improving redactor, they might as well transfer the color picker from Notable to Redactor. So that you can use various colors for hiding private/sensitive data. I mean, it's not that uncommon that u wanna use redactor for stuff which doesn't have a white background. That said, it's not really logical to redact with black if the background of something is black already.

Issue:  Privacy shade - Redactor - Can't even save the edited piece?!-screenshot_20180628-134159.jpg
    Last edited by WT44; 06-28-18 at 12:56 PM.
    FF22 and anon(10120165) like this.
    06-28-18 07:30 AM