After multiple chats with AT&T Support, both Support Reps (after failed attempts to provision my BBB100-1) have noted that my device's IMEI indicates that it does NOT support AT&T's LTE.

I've read where those who bought the UK model were able to get theirs to work with AT&T's LTE... but my US model (even with suggested APN adjustments) will not.

Thoughts?
    06-02-17 10:09 AM
    I hope this is not true for all of the us models it has to be a bad device wow that sucks.

Especially since there are none to be found come on Blackberry need to fix ASAP.
    06-02-17 10:51 AM
    In the forums, it has been suggested that I need to insert my new SIM into an AT&T phone. This will provision the SIM to allow LTE access. I should then be able to pop it back into my KEYone and be good to go.

I will post my results later.
    06-02-17 11:03 AM
    I hope this is not true for all of the us models it has to be a bad device wow that sucks.

Especially since there are none to be found come on Blackberry need to fix ASAP.
    It's not. Both my wife's and mine got AT&T LTE as soon as we put our SIMs in.
    06-02-17 11:17 AM
    After multiple chats with AT&T Support, both Support Reps (after failed attempts to provision my BBB100-1) have noted that my device's IMEI indicates that it does NOT support AT&T's LTE.

I've read where those who bought the UK model were able to get theirs to work with AT&T's LTE... but my US model (even with suggested APN adjustments) will not.

Thoughts?
    Yeah, I'm having issues with Data on my UK model here in Phoenix, Arizona AZ. Phone says I have 4G service but it's more like 2G. I have all the LTE bands supported in my area but I still have super slow service. I'm going to try my daughter's T-Mobile Sim to see if it's faster on their neywork
    06-02-17 04:08 PM
    I have the same problem. Went into a store and they called some advanced tech they had available to them. Was told that the IMEI was not registered in their system as a legitimate phone.
    Last edited by JAL1; 06-02-17 at 09:24 PM.
    06-02-17 07:34 PM
    Spent hours on this today. BlackBerry Mobile should be ashamed of themselves. Releasing a phone that won't communicate with the AT&T system without all kinds of BS, spoofing, etc. I hate this waste of time.
    06-02-17 07:58 PM
    This is pretty much true for all unlocked phones in the US. You need to provision the Sim card in an official carrier device, then put it in the unlocked phone. BlackBerry should be clearer about this but they've done nothing wrong.
    Avenzuno likes this.
    06-02-17 08:05 PM
    What about cricket wireless? I do get 4G LTE but I am limited to 8mb download anyway lol.
    06-02-17 08:49 PM
    What about cricket wireless? I do get 4G LTE but I am limited to 8mb download anyway lol.
    Thats a Cricket issue. They put a cap on speeds so they don't take business away from their parent ATT.
    cespinal likes this.
    06-02-17 09:10 PM
    This is not a Blackberry issue, this is an at&t issue. Have the sim provisioned in an at&t branded phone, and switch to the KeyOne and it will work fine.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    06-02-17 09:16 PM
    I disagree. This is a BlackBerry issue. We use unlocked phones and never have this issue. Samsung unlocked works fine. Nexus works fine. The problem is that BlackBerry says Keyone is fully compatible with AT&T and markets it as such. Then, they don't take steps to make sure AT&T has the IMEI's in their system, or at a minimum warn consumers about this issue.
    06-02-17 09:23 PM
    This is pretty much true for all unlocked phones in the US. You need to provision the Sim card in an official carrier device, then put it in the unlocked phone. BlackBerry should be clearer about this but they've done nothing wrong.
    Yeah I'm sorry but that's just not true. I've purchased many unlocked phones that AT&T doesn't sell and they've all registered LTE immediately.
    jmr1015 likes this.
    06-02-17 09:25 PM
    AT&T is known for this; they ought to be put out of business as tied sales such as this are broadly illegal under 100+ year old US law (15 USC Chapter 1, if you want to look it up.)
    06-02-17 09:27 PM
    I disagree. This is a BlackBerry issue. We use unlocked phones and never have this issue. Samsung unlocked works fine. Nexus works fine. The problem is that BlackBerry says Keyone is fully compatible with AT&T and markets it as such. Then, they don't take steps to make sure AT&T has the IMEI's in their system, or at a minimum warn consumers about this issue.
    The people having the issue is people changing sims. People with nano sims that already supported LTE have no issues, Maybe it is a blackberry issue, but this is also an issue for any other phone that at&t doesn't carry.
    06-02-17 09:35 PM
    Yeah I'm sorry but that's just not true. I've purchased many unlocked phones that AT&T doesn't sell and they've all registered LTE immediately.

But you are switching a previously used SIM card that is provisioned for LTE, the issue is people getting new SIM cards,.
    06-02-17 09:36 PM
    So, it's not the IMEI number that doesn't support LTE, it's AT&T that doesn't support any KEYone IMEis.
    06-02-17 09:37 PM
    Thats a Cricket issue. They put a cap on speeds so they don't take business away from their parent ATT.
    I am not complaining about the cap download speed. Cricket wireless is using ATT tower and it's getting LTE connection. I thought it was odd why ATT wouldn't get LTE connection.
    06-02-17 09:38 PM
    So, it's not the IMEI number that doesn't support LTE, it's AT&T that doesn't support any KEYone IMEis.
    It's that AT&T's systems know the IMEI's of the branded phones they sell, and AT&T's systems are built to allow known IMEI's and ONLY known IMEI's to access LTE.

Those that are screaming "all other non-BB unlocked phones work great! This is a BB issue!!!" don't know what they're talking about.

If you take an AT&T SIM that has never seen an AT&T phone and put it into an unlocked, non-branded phone--ANY unlocked, non-branded phone--then you won't get LTE.

But AT&T built in the back door, if you will: once an AT&T SIM is in a branded phone, their systems register that SIM as being allowed to do LTE.

Scream at BB if you will, but you're screaming at the wrong party. This is PURELY an AT&T issue.

It pains me to watch the ignorance here, even when many of us have said "go back and research the Priv launch from 2015, it had the same issue, talked about extensively here".
    06-02-17 09:55 PM
    But it recognized my KEYone in cricket wireless.
    06-02-17 10:00 PM
    Yeah, no. Not true. Unlocked Sony Xperia, Nexus, and Huawei devices work on AT&T and T-Mobile without first using the SIM in an official carrier device.

^^^^This
    06-02-17 10:01 PM
    Yeah, no. Not true. Unlocked Sony Xperia, Nexus, and Huawei devices work on AT&T and T-Mobile without first using the SIM in an official carrier device.

^^^^This
    Correct, when using a sim that was from a LTE phone, the issue is people changing from micro sim to nano sim, so using a new sim on new unlocked phone.
    06-02-17 10:08 PM
    Correct, when using a sim that was from a LTE phone, the issue is people changing from micro sim to nano sim, so using a new sim on new unlocked phone.
    To be as clear as possible : my neighbor has a galaxy S7 on att. If I took his Sim card, and popped it into my KeyONE, the KeyONE would connect to att lte. If I went down to the att store, bought a new cell phone plan, and stuck a brand new Sim card in the same KeyONE, I would not get lte. However, if I took that new Sim card and put it in my neighbors s7 for a few minutes, and then back into the KeyONE, iwould have att lte.
    06-02-17 11:14 PM
    So I did what everyone was saying.. Put the sim card in my priv and then put it into my keyone.. BOOM I have LTE. Then I restarted my phone and my LTE is gone. I'm believe ATT automatically updated the IMEI # when a phone is turned off and on.

Any thoughts?
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-02-17 11:18 PM
    So I did what everyone was saying.. Put the sim card in my priv and then put it into my keyone.. BOOM I have LTE. Then I restarted my phone and my LTE is gone. I'm believe ATT automatically updated the IMEI # when a phone is turned off and on.

Any thoughts?
    Just don't turn off your phone?
    06-02-17 11:21 PM
43 12