I may have to settle....

https://lastgadgetstanding.com/compe.../entries/pro1/

But I hope I don't have to.
    Never used a slider, and I think I prefer using my Keyboard in portrait mode.
    12-24-19 09:08 AM
    There are a couple of discussion going on about the F(x)tec Pro 1 already... a few others are thinking as you are. Was even a weak call to add a section here on CrackBerry for it.

But many others don't see the point in a horizontal slider that weighs that much... and that may or may not see much in the way of updates.

It is a nice hardware package for a nice price....
    12-24-19 09:20 AM
    On the subject of settling...

Uniherz Titan?

Samsung (various models...Note, S7, S8...) w/ keyboard case?

iphone with Typo case or the new kickstarter option?

Posted via CB10
    12-24-19 11:24 AM
    The fact that the Pro 1 is a large, heavy landscape slider is the only reason why I don't have one right now.

I don't think that thing will enhance my typing flow, it's 240g and too large to type fast on and reach all center keys with the thumbs
    12-24-19 12:02 PM
    I hear that it is also possible to flash Sailfish OS on the F(x)tec Pro1. A little random, but interesting nevertheless.
    Trouveur and EskeRahn like this.
    12-25-19 04:28 PM
    Very sad so many of us are starting to ask this. If we don't have a new device by Spring-Summer or "real" rumors I think the party is over.

I'd go with a Note 10. Basically a high-end, large screen Android device would be the closest thing to a K2 minus the PKB of course. I'm really getting tired of the small screen / not having the latest Android builds.
    01-12-20 11:03 AM
    Very sad so many of us are starting to ask this. If we don't have a new device by Spring-Summer or "real" rumors I think the party is over.

I'd go with a Note 10. Basically a high-end, large screen Android device would be the closest thing to a K2 minus the PKB of course. I'm really getting tired of the small screen / not having the latest Android builds.
    A high-spec oversized slab is the closest thing to a KEY²?
    EskeRahn and cyberdoggie like this.
    01-12-20 11:07 AM
    A high-spec oversized slab is the closest thing to a KEY²?
    He didn't say "Note 10 +"

The regular Note 10 is the same size as the S10 which is about the same size as the KEY2
    01-12-20 11:49 AM
    He didn't say "Note 10 +"

The regular Note 10 is the same size as the S10 which is about the same size as the KEY2
    I could have sworn the S+ and the Note models are roughly same with the S being smaller and the Note+ larger or did that change lastly?

Completely separate comment not about relative Key2 size
    01-12-20 11:57 AM
    I could have sworn the S+ and the Note models are roughly same with the S being smaller and the Note+ larger or did that change lastly?

Completely separate comment not about relative Key2 size
    Note 10 is similar size to S10, Note 10+ is similar size to S10+
    01-12-20 03:53 PM
    Samsung makes excellent phones. Once you get one you will not miss Blackberry.
    BergerKing likes this.
    01-23-20 01:13 PM
    If Samsung makes a mid range PKB phone, then I can move on with very little regrets.
    EskeRahn likes this.
    01-23-20 03:25 PM
    So why are you here...?

The PKB/Hub software certainly have value that would be missed regardless of the phenomenal specs Samsung devices do have.
    01-23-20 03:40 PM
    I use the Blacberry Hub on my Samsung...works great. I hope the keep the Hub Suite or find a way to get it on more phones. Nothing better.
    01-23-20 03:59 PM
    So why are you here...?

The PKB/Hub software certainly have value that would be missed regardless of the phenomenal specs Samsung devices do have.
    Why are you here? Hoping for a miracle? There won't be any more BlackBerry Phones...hate to say it.
    01-23-20 04:00 PM
    I use the Blacberry Hub on my Samsung...works great. I hope the keep the Hub Suite or find a way to get it on more phones. Nothing better.
    That's what I'm doing. And I agree.
    01-23-20 05:04 PM
    Why are you here? Hoping for a miracle? There won't be any more BlackBerry Phones...hate to say it.
    You're right...

...but there might be more UniHertz copies of BlackBerry phones
    01-23-20 06:23 PM
    My experience with the KEYone has convinced me that I am over both the PKB and Android (and Mobile in general, for that matter).

For now, I'll just hope BB10 works for another few years. If I was starting from scratch I'd probably get an iPhone and use fewer than half a dozen apps on it, together with a VPN and an additional privacy filter, no iCloud account, and an alias for my Apple account.

Z10 = BB10 + VKB > iOS + Android
    01-23-20 07:12 PM
    The problem with Samsung has never been their hardware, it’s the odious amount of bloatware which cannot be easily disabled or deleted from Bixby on down.
    01-24-20 03:26 PM
    I hear that it is also possible to flash Sailfish OS on the F(x)tec Pro1. A little random, but interesting nevertheless.
    I don’t know about the Pro1, but it’s absolutely possible on the Gemini PDA.

Sailfish is where I ended up on an Xperia.
    01-24-20 03:29 PM
    I'll be looking at the Sony Xperia 5 (or subsequent iteration). Although I prefer portrait keyboards, I can type well on glass, it has good specs and isnt as wide as the Samsung Galaxy phones, so it's probably easier to hold. Regardless of whatever phone I choose, I'll be putting Blackberry Hub+ on it.
    01-25-20 08:57 AM
    I'll be looking at the Sony Xperia 5 (or subsequent iteration). Although I prefer portrait keyboards, I can type well on glass, it has good specs and isnt as wide as the Samsung Galaxy phones, so it's probably easier to hold. Regardless of whatever phone I choose, I'll be putting Blackberry Hub+ on it.
    I really like the Sony phones, especially for media.

01-25-20 12:56 PM
    My experience with the KEYone has convinced me that I am over both the PKB and Android (and Mobile in general, for that matter).

For now, I'll just hope BB10 works for another few years. If I was starting from scratch I'd probably get an iPhone and use fewer than half a dozen apps on it, together with a VPN and an additional privacy filter, no iCloud account, and an alias for my Apple account.

Fair enough....then again, you are not a PKB fan and I am glad you are happy typing on glass. At least it still is a Blackberry!! But what about the "minority" of us who would rather have a PKB? I guess we'll just have to hope too that BB10 works for some more years with regards to our PKB devices...
    01-25-20 01:35 PM
    Fair enough....then again, you are not a PKB fan and I am glad you are happy typing on glass. At least it still is a Blackberry!! But what about the "minority" of us who would rather have a PKB? I guess we'll just have to hope too that BB10 works for some more years with regards to our PKB devices...
    I am definitely empathetic to PKB fans. The only thing I would want to say is that, while the history of BlackBerry PKBs is great, even the current KEY phones have made huge sacrifices due to limits in Android's general support for them. Even if the PKB form factor continues, they may not be as enjoyable or efficient as those of the past.

It sucks, but it might be worth the effort to at least become comfortable with VKBs.

01-25-20 03:52 PM
    I am definitely empathetic to PKB fans. The only thing I would want to say is that, while the history of BlackBerry PKBs is great, even the current KEY phones have made huge sacrifices due to limits in Android's general support for them. Even if the PKB form factor continues, they may not be as enjoyable or efficient as those of the past.

It sucks, but it might be worth the effort to at least become comfortable with VKBs.

Will never be comfortable with VKB, that's why I have preordered a Unihertz Titan... Could never use a VKB in my line of work, so frustrating to type a lot of emails on... My KeyOne BE is the perfect phone for me and am happy with the combination of Android and the PKB, got no complaints... Was going to get a Key 2 but having watched some videos of the Titan in action and comparing the price and the fact it has a newer OS than the Key 2 have gone for the Titan...
    the_boon likes this.
    01-25-20 04:55 PM
70 123