I have had a blackberry, one version or another four about 8 years. I need some step by step instructions to get music/ringtones on my keyone.

Can someone help? I have downloaded a filemanager but don't know where to go from there to even find the ringtones and music
    10-01-17 08:20 AM
    I have had a blackberry, one version or another four about 8 years. I need some step by step instructions to get music/ringtones on my keyone.

Can someone help? I have downloaded a filemanager but don't know where to go from there to even find the ringtones and music
    First, Welcome to Crackberry.

Open the File Manager and navigate to Internal Memory. (I will ask, do you have an sd-card?)

There should be three folders, Alarms, Notifications and Ringtones. If they don't exist create them (the file manager should have a way to add new folders, sometimes there is a + (plus sign)).

Move or copy your selected Ringtones/etc to the appropriate folder. (I'm not sure that it makes a difference which one, as you may still be able to find the tunes in any - but for the moment, Alarms in the Alarm folder, etc).

Then depending on the App, go to its settings and find where you can change the asssigned/default tune to what you want. Some might not be able to change.

Music, I personally keep on my SD-card in a folder simply called Music (but there's also one in Internal Memory). In that Music folder I keep albums in subfolders and within the additional subfolders. For instance:

Music
    Brahms
    Album1
    Album2
    etc
    Beattles
    Abby Road
    etc
    Last edited by FF22; 10-01-17 at 09:35 AM.
    10-01-17 08:59 AM
    thank you! I did it
    FF22 likes this.
    10-01-17 03:43 PM
    I always kept ringtones on my sd card on my BlackBerrys.

but I understand Android doesn't like that, so I copied my ringtones to the respective folder in Internal memory.

Works fine that way.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-03-17 05:53 PM