In regards to this article that was recently on the CB homepage, How to use icon packs on the BlackBerry KEYone: https://www.crackberry.com/how-use-i...ckberry-keyone

How can I manually change the appearance of an icon that an icon pack has not already changed?

For example, the Hub and many other BlackBerry installed applications still use their original icon, even after the new icon pack is applied.

Thanks!
    siglerm likes this.
    07-09-17 10:30 AM
    In regards to this article that was recently on the CB homepage, How to use icon packs on the BlackBerry KEYone: https://www.crackberry.com/how-use-i...ckberry-keyone

How can I manually change the appearance of an icon that an icon pack has not already changed?

For example, the Hub and many other BlackBerry installed applications still use their original icon, even after the new icon pack is applied.

Thanks!
    Either the icon in the pack is the same as the default icon (which, if you're using Icon Pack 10, is probably the case), or the pack doesn't have an icon for those apps and defers to default. If it's the former, that's by design. If it's the latter, some icon packs have an icon request feature in the app dashboard, try that. Manually changing individual icons can't be done with the default BlackBerry Launcher, you'd need something else (like Nova Launcher); it should be noted that you'd lose keyboard shortcuts if you leave BlackBerry Launcher.
    undefinederror likes this.
    07-09-17 11:35 AM
    Either the icon in the pack is the same as the default icon (which, if you're using Icon Pack 10, is probably the case), or the pack doesn't have an icon for those apps and defers to default. If it's the former, that's by design. If it's the latter, some icon packs have an icon request feature in the app dashboard, try that. Manually changing individual icons can't be done with the default BlackBerry Launcher, you'd need something else (like Nova Launcher); it should be noted that you'd lose keyboard shortcuts if you leave BlackBerry Launcher.
    Thanks for the information!
    I believe it was the later. I was using Lines Free by Nate Wren Design. I'll try to see if they can add new icons for those applications.

If I install Nova, change the icons manually, then revert to BB Launcher, that won't have a permanent effect on the icons appearance, will it?
    07-09-17 11:54 AM
    Thanks for the information!
    I believe it was the later. I was using Lines Free by Nate Wren Design. I'll try to see if they can add new icons for those applications.

If I install Nova, change the icons manually, then revert to BB Launcher, that won't have a permanent effect on the icons appearance, will it?
    No, it wouldn't.
    07-09-17 12:04 PM
    I use an app called Icon Changer to change icons to whatever I want. Works pretty well.
    undefinederror likes this.
    07-09-17 01:21 PM
    Nice suggestion! Thanks!
    One problem is that the white icons are invisible on Icon Changers white background haha
    But other than that, this is exactly what I was thinking of.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    07-10-17 09:48 AM
    Nice suggestion! Thanks!
    One problem is that the white icons are invisible on Icon Changers white background haha
    But other than that, this is exactly what I was thinking of.
    Lol. Yep, that's been mentioned before by others.
    07-10-17 11:05 AM