Hello. Does anyone know how to set Google Assistant on the convenience key or keyboard shortcus
    06-15-17 06:51 PM
    You can't. Google hasn't allowed direct access to Assistant in that manner as it doesn't appear as an app. You can, however, set it to launch voice search.
    06-15-17 08:38 PM
    I have no KeyOne, so YMMV. On my other android devices i'm using something like this app https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...oogle-t3614804 . Technically the Assistant is a Activity (like the options menu inside an app for example) inside the Google Application, so with the linked tool you can start it. you can also use a launcher like nova launcher to put a shortcut on your homescreen, but at least on the priv the second way with Nova Breaks keyboard-shortcuts.
    06-16-17 12:33 PM
    Hello. Does anyone know how to set Google Assistant on the convenience key or keyboard shortcus
    Hello, I have just tested this out on my KEYone and it WORKS!!! Double-Confirmed!

I have the premium version of NOVA LAUNCHER installed on my keyone, but am using the BB LAUNCHER as my primary default launcher. I set a shortcut key to a "NOVA ACTION" and one of the options are "ASSISTANT"

after setting it up, pressing the shortcut takes me DIRECTLY to Google Assistant..
    06-16-17 01:40 PM
    You can't. Google hasn't allowed direct access to Assistant in that manner as it doesn't appear as an app. You can, however, set it to launch voice search.
    Hello Bla1ze!, I have just tested this out on my KEYone and it WORKS!!! Double-Confirmed!

I have the premium version of NOVA LAUNCHER installed on my keyone, but am using the BB LAUNCHER as my primary default launcher. I set a shortcut key to a "NOVA ACTION" and one of the options is "ASSISTANT"

after setting it up, pressing the shortcut takes me DIRECTLY to Google Assistant..
    06-16-17 01:43 PM
    however, for myself, that just takes away a potential shortcut key i can use for something else, because long-pressing the home button takes me to google assistant anyway.

Too bad you cannot assign the convenience key to a Nova Action
    06-16-17 01:44 PM
    however, for myself, that just takes away a potential shortcut key i can use for something else, because long-pressing the home button takes me to google assistant anyway.

Too bad you cannot assign the convenience key to a Nova Action
    But you can remap the long-pressing on home button to another app with a 3rd party app
    06-21-17 12:48 PM
    Ok thank you i didn't know that .

However , I want to ask : does that explain why the downloaded BBM from google appstore works immediately , and the BBM version of blackberry manager (cobalt) does always immediately error out with "oops something went wrong" ?

Shouldn't they behave the same in case of BBID troubles ?
    08-15-18 08:06 AM