Hi guys,

I understand how to set the convenience key to open Voice Search (Google Assistant) but I don't understand how to open that same GA so you can type your query instead of speaking it up.
    Ideally I would like the convenience key to open GA the way it does by pressing and holding the circle (menu?) button.
    Would really appreciate some help!

Thanks in advance and sorry if the question was already raised (couldn't find anything).

Amin
    05-31-17 03:36 PM
    You can't.
    05-31-17 04:52 PM
    Can't you use Convenience Key for Google Assistant and keep the Home button pressed to launch Google? There you can input your search.

Hope that helps.
    06-02-17 08:33 PM
    Might be easier to go into the BlackBerry Launcher settings and set Typing Action as 'Start a search ' this will allow you to start typing while on a homescreen and complete the typing action in Google search directly, accomplishing more or less what typing into Google Assistant can accomplish minus some of the conversational AI.

As others have mentioned Google has baked Assistant deep into the OS so as of yet it's not accessible via the Convenience Key. Voice Search is however assignable to the key thanks for the preloaded Google App.
    06-02-17 10:53 PM
    Thanks All, appreciate the support. It's a shame that it can't be done properly but I guess the home button is still convenient enough. I would't change the Typing action as I would lose all the very useful shortcuts that the BB allows to make but that was a good idea.
    06-03-17 05:52 AM