There use to be switch in setting to remove the dumb timed message feature. I had it removed but has mysteriously came back on one of the last updates. That junk is for kids and I keep hitting it. Any ideas?
    05-25-17 01:02 PM
    There use to be switch in setting to remove the dumb timed message feature. I had it removed but has mysteriously came back on one of the last updates. That junk is for kids and I keep hitting it. Any ideas?
    I would love to have the ability to shut off timed messages too. Why take it away?
    05-25-17 05:49 PM
    Just don't use it.
    05-25-17 05:53 PM
    Just don't use it.
    You misunderstand. Where the timed messages button is placed leads to accidental timed messages. Read the whole OP before offering a smart *** reply.
    05-25-17 10:12 PM
    You misunderstand. Where the timed messages button is placed leads to accidental timed messages. Read the whole OP before offering a smart *** reply.
    Haven't had that problem. Actually didn't even know there was ever an option to remove it.
    05-25-17 10:15 PM
    This was the first irritation moving to android now I'm realizing that all the sounds are the same. Facebook, text, there is such a limit on notifications I can hardly believe it.
    BB10 was so far ahead of google programmers.
    06-03-17 07:07 PM
    This was the first irritation moving to android now I'm realizing that all the sounds are the same. Facebook, text, there is such a limit on notifications I can hardly believe it.
    You can have different notification sounds by app and by people on android.
    06-03-17 08:29 PM
    I think you should dig around a little. You can change app notification sounds.
    Last edited by ray689; 06-03-17 at 09:04 PM.
    06-03-17 08:39 PM
    You can have different notification sounds by app and by people on android.
    sorry this is off topic of thread but if you can do this it is hidden from the stupid people who want it simple. so far everthing I want to do or setup has been a battle from notifications to letting a app have access to my sd card so I can move some files. file management sucks too. thanks though.
    06-03-17 08:56 PM
    sorry this is off topic of thread but if you can do this it is hidden from the stupid people who want it simple. so far everthing I want to do or setup has been a battle from notifications to letting a app have access to my sd card so I can move some files. file management sucks too. thanks though.
    In Android you control notification sounds from within each app. Different from BB10.
    06-03-17 09:02 PM
    Just got into the individual app settings. They should have options to change within the app. The hub will allow you to change notification sound and led color for email but for everything else you have to look in the app settings themselves. And I understand the app permission to allow you to move files around. I assume you are talking about file managers. I tried many and the one that seemed the most user friendly to me is Asus file manager. I would recommend that one.
    06-03-17 09:07 PM
    Just got into the individual app settings. They should have options to change within the app. The hub will allow you to change notification sound and led color for email but for everything else you have to look in the app settings themselves. And I understand the app permission to allow you to move files around. I assume you are talking about file managers. I tried many and the one that seemed the most user friendly to me is Asus file manager. I would recommend that one.
    funny it is asus i am having grief with, but it works well on my tablet, thinking maybe it is the sd card, i just put it in from bb10. I will keep looking but at options.
    06-03-17 09:30 PM
    funny it is asus i am having grief with, but it works well on my tablet, thinking maybe it is the sd card, i just put it in from bb10. I will keep looking but at options.
    Why type of SD card? I know others have been having issues with SD cards being unmounted. Is your device in the June patch? There is potential that may have fixed the SD card issues.
    06-03-17 09:32 PM