Hi,
    Is there any way to completely reskin a BlackBerry Android? I want to get rid of Material Design if possible, I hate it, yet everyone has embraced it. I even preferred BB10.2 to BB10.3 but at least 10.3 was easier for me than Android, even Windows 10 is better than Android and iOS, although I prefer Win7 to Win10.

I'd like to skin everything in the OS possible (status bar, quick settings, notifications, launcher, OS settings menus, lock screen, home screen, etc.).

Is this possible? Is it possible to get a more true BB10 look and feel including fonts, graphics, no app drawer, menus (the look, not the options), even a more BB10 like Hub, SMS, and BBM (BBM for Android used to look very very similar to BBM for BB10, if I find an older apk for it with that look, will it run?)?

Posted via CB10
    06-16-17 07:43 PM
    Low-hanging fruit can be done (no app drawer, icon packs that resemble BB10, etc), but anything deeper requires root access, which can't be done on a BB Android device.
    06-16-17 07:46 PM
    That sucks.
    Why didn't BlackBerry make a more BB10 like UI, including all the gestures and swipes? Trying to appeal to the Android masses?
    They could have given us the "Full BlackBerry Experience" and the "BlackBerry Android Theme" as options, and I doubt it would have been too memory intensive.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-17 07:49 PM
    That sucks.
    Why didn't BlackBerry make a more BB10 like UI, including all the gestures and swipes? Trying to appeal to the Android masses?
    They could have given us the "Full BlackBerry Experience" and the "BlackBerry Android Theme" as options, and I doubt it would have been too memory intensive.

Posted via CB10
    Their implementation of Android seems to stray little from the stock Google implementation, as opposed to some whole-hog redesign like Samsung does with their phones. I'm guessing they conserved most of the effort for their skeleton team on the core app suite (Hub, etc) and the sub-dermal layers (kernel security) rather than try to reinvent Google's wheel.

Here's that icon pack, FWIW: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ght.iconpack10
    06-16-17 07:55 PM
    That sucks.

Posted via CB10
    cause it would run like poo if they did that
    Ecm likes this.
    06-16-17 08:08 PM
    Windows Vista and the aero look is so outdated and bad. I understand why people like it. But I just don't. If blackberry released their android skin with a 2007 look. It would be worse than the screen gate of the keyone and worse than Samsungs exploding note battery

Posted via CB10
    06-17-17 11:56 AM