Is there a way how to delete system apps in BlackBerry Android OS, namely for OS 6.0 or Marshmallow without Root ?

Posted via CB10
    09-27-19 01:04 PM
    Is there a way how to delete system apps in BlackBerry Android OS, namely for OS 6.0 or Marshmallow without Root ?

Posted via CB10
    /blackberry-android-os-f456/disabling-system-apps-xda-method-1168996/
    09-27-19 01:06 PM
    Conite, Thanks for your reply but I think that is not the answer of my question.

The topic you have post is about disabling system apps, but I asked how to delete system apps, (for understanding) how to remove system apps completely, permanently without root?

Posted via CB10
    Sbatushe likes this.
    09-27-19 01:16 PM
    Conite, Thanks for your reply but I think that is not the answer of my question.

The topic you have post is about disabling system apps, but I asked how to delete system apps, (for understanding) how to remove system apps completely, permanently without root?

Posted via CB10
    You can't delete them.
    09-27-19 01:19 PM
    You can't delete them.
    Oh that's odd. I find on YouTube video's about that and they are showing the ways how to remove system apps permanently without root on any android devices with android OS'es.

Also I read YouTube comments and they say that it works.

I wanna know how you came up with your anwser about that it won't work. So what are the differences between the two OS'es?

BlackBerry Android OS & Google Android OS.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-19 01:28 PM
    Oh that's odd. I find on YouTube video's about that and they are showing the ways how to remove system apps permanently without root on any android devices with android OS'es.

Also I read YouTube comments and they say that it works.

I wanna know how you came up with your anwser about that it won't work. So what are the differences between the two OS'es?

BlackBerry Android OS & Google Android OS.

Posted via CB10
    Feel free to try.
    09-27-19 01:38 PM
    Are there any other tech guys or any other CB users who care to reply on this topic?

Posted via CB10
    09-27-19 01:44 PM
    I don't know the technical aspects, but let's use common sense. BlackBerry has always been marketed as being more secure. They hardened the Android OS so it cannot be rooted or compromised. Do you really think there wouldn't be a YouTube video or some other How-To if it were possible?
    09-27-19 03:54 PM
    Are there any other tech guys or any other CB users who care to reply on this topic?

Posted via CB10
    What happens when you attempted to replicate the procedures in YouTube videos on your BBAndroid phone?
    09-27-19 07:55 PM
    What happens when you attempted to replicate the procedures in YouTube videos on your BBAndroid phone?
    I didn't tried yet honestly, but I was curious if someone did the tricks before me. Conite came up with his replies but he either didn't tried it before. So therefore his provided information is irrelevant because he speculate and thought things too much about giving tech answers.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-19 10:37 PM
    I don't know the technical aspects, but let's use common sense. BlackBerry has always been marketed as being more secure. They hardened the Android OS so it cannot be rooted or compromised. Do you really think there wouldn't be a YouTube video or some other How-To if it were possible?
    It's not about rooting the device. It's about how to delete system apps completely, permanently in hardened android OS ( Non Root ) .

Posted via CB10
    09-27-19 10:41 PM
    I didn't tried yet honestly, but I was curious if someone did the tricks before me. Conite came up with his replies but he either didn't tried it before. So therefore his provided information is irrelevant because he speculate and thought things too much about giving tech answers.

Posted via CB10
    As conite and multiple others have stated, as BBAndroid is setup, the system apps can’t be deleted. Regardless of the ability to root, from what I’ve read about deleting system apps is that upon reboot of BBAndroid device, the system apps return.

More importantly, from what I can tell, the videos you show aren’t BBAndroid OS but Android OS plain and simple.
    09-27-19 10:55 PM
    As conite and multiple others have stated, as BBAndroid is setup, the system apps can’t be deleted. Regardless of the ability to root, from what I’ve read about deleting system apps is that upon reboot of BBAndroid device, the system apps return.

More importantly, from what I can tell, the videos you show aren’t BBAndroid OS but Android OS plain and simple.
    Hmm so I've taken you only read about, but not tried it yourself.

I post the link here beneath so that you can see the YouTube video.

If both sort OS'es are non root, why do all people thinking and saying in the first place that trick won't work before trying it. That make no sense.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ginowine; 09-27-19 at 11:32 PM.
    09-27-19 11:11 PM
    Instead of spending time rejecting other responses because no one is doing it for you, just try it yourself.
    09-27-19 11:15 PM
    Instead of spending time rejecting other responses because no one is doing it for you, just try it yourself.
    I will but I only ask tech people with experiences who has done it before myself. That's the point.

I have posted the YouTube video link.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-19 11:31 PM
    I will but I only ask tech people with experiences who has done it before myself. That's the point.

I have posted the YouTube video link.

Posted via CB10
    I have a bit of experience in the area.
    09-27-19 11:38 PM
    Hmm so I've taken you only read about, but not tried it yourself.

I post the link here beneath so that you can see the YouTube video.

If both sort OS'es are non root, why do all people thinking and saying in the first place that trick won't work before trying it. That make no sense.

Posted via CB10
    Do you even own Android or BBAndroid phone? I’ve owned and used Android phones and tablets for over 8 years. I’ve never uninstalled system apps because I’ve never seen the need.

Extensively, I’ve read on the rooting process and the advantages or disadvantages of rooting. I’ve never had the need for rooting. When BBAndroid came out, I learned it couldn’t be rooted due to security features built into the OS and utilized by and improved from BlackBerry developers. In 4 years I’ve never seen a single person demonstrate otherwise. If you’re able to do something on BBAndroid that nobody has EVER provided evidence of, thousands here would love to see it done. Others have tried it, no? You’ll be the first here 4 years later?
    Last edited by Chuck Finley69; 09-28-19 at 05:48 AM.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    09-28-19 05:36 AM
    Do you even own Android or BBAndroid phone? I’ve owned and used Android phones and tablets for over 8 years. I’ve never uninstalled system apps because I’ve never seen the need.

Extensively, I’ve read on the rooting process and the advantages or disadvantages of rooting. I’ve never had the need for rooting. When BBAndroid came out, I learned it couldn’t be rooted due to security features built into the OS and utilized by and improved from BlackBerry developers. In 4 years I’ve never seen a single person demonstrate otherwise. If you’re able to do something on BBAndroid that nobody has EVER provided evidence of, thousands here would love to see it done. Others have tried it, no? You’ll be the first here 4 years later?
    BlackBerry didn't add anything to android that wasn't already there. They just turned on more of the kernel features that other OEM's don't bother with. Samsung, and a few others do the same, in most cases.
    Ginowine likes this.
    09-28-19 07:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    Depending on what desktop system you're using, I'll assume it's Windows, install ADB (there are really small packages of ADB, but if you install Android Studio - it's not necessary to do this if you don't plan to develop any apps - you'll have ADB), connect your phone, set your phone to FastBoot mode, and follow the recommended Linux language to delete the apps you don't want. Windows 10 has a baked in Linux layer called Bash, that has its own terminal. There's another terminal native to Windows... I wanna say it's called PowerTools, or something like this, where you can use this as a Linux terminal also.

If you have a Linux PC or laptop, ADB is usually baked in, and you can plug in your phone via USB, set it to FastBoot mode, open a Terminal window and delete the apps you don't want. Not really rocket science, but not easy either.
    Ginowine likes this.
    09-28-19 07:27 AM
    Depending on what desktop system you're using, I'll assume it's Windows, install ADB (there are really small packages of ADB, but if you install Android Studio - it's not necessary to do this if you don't plan to develop any apps - you'll have ADB), connect your phone, set your phone to FastBoot mode, and follow the recommended Linux language to delete the apps you don't want. Windows 10 has a baked in Linux layer called Bash, that has its own terminal. There's another terminal native to Windows... I wanna say it's called PowerTools, or something like this, where you can use this as a Linux terminal also.

If you have a Linux PC or laptop, ADB is usually baked in, and you can plug in your phone via USB, set it to FastBoot mode, open a Terminal window and delete the apps you don't want. Not really rocket science, but not easy either.
    Ahh thanks for the reply and responce. I definitely will try it out.

I have Windows OS on my pc indeed.

The reason why I started this topic is to see who has done it before and since the software updates and support for Android 6.0 / Marshmallow with hardened BlackBerry Android OS which had ended years ago, I would love to uninstall some of the prè-installed system apps from my BB Priv device because it takes a lot of internal memory and I have no use for some of them no more.

That's the real reason behind all of this for trying to create a lot of space for internal memory of my BB Priv device.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    09-28-19 07:56 AM

Well I do love to clean and create some space within the internal memory of my Priv device.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-19 08:01 AM
    Ahh thanks for the reply and responce. I definitely will try it out.

I have Windows OS on my pc indeed.

The reason why I started this topic is to see who has done it before and since the software updates and support for Android 6.0 / Marshmallow with hardened BlackBerry Android OS which had ended years ago, I would love to uninstall some of the prè-installed system apps from my BB Priv device because it takes a lot of internal memory and I have no use for some of them no more.

That's the real reason behind all of this for trying to create a lot of space for internal memory of my BB Priv device.

Posted via CB10
    Understood. At least for a more streamlined experience, it's worth a shot to recoup storage space and memory allocation for the apps and functionality you use most.
    Ginowine likes this.
    09-28-19 08:11 AM
    Well I do love to clean and create some space within the internal memory of my Priv device.

Posted via CB10
    So then if you have the device, what happens when you follow the instructional videos? Obviously, you’ve now learned it can’t be done.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    09-28-19 09:33 AM
    So then if you have the device, what happens when you follow the instructional videos? Obviously, you’ve now learned it can’t be done.
    I haven't started yet. I will let you know the results.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Ginowine; 09-28-19 at 12:59 PM.
    09-28-19 11:39 AM
    To my understanding it is possible on the Priv but not on Key devices, as this guy claims to have successfully done it.
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13447026

Posted via CB10
    Ginowine likes this.
    09-28-19 11:58 AM
35 12