I have found a setting on the Priv and all Androids...

Go into Settings,
    Select Location,
    Click on Google Location History last option on page,
    Check if the switch on top right is ON,

If this is on Google has logged all your locations to the detail of everything you arrive home or leave or visit certain areas.

Click on Manage Activity at the bottom of page,
    Google Maps should open and In a box it should list all your locations, dates and times.

Switch it off, if you do not want them to log all your locations, they say it is for better search results, recommendation and location based ads!
    Attached Thumbnails Google Tracking!!!-225715.jpg  
    11-07-16 10:11 PM
    Missed a page, this page comes before it opens Google Maps by clicking on Mange Activities.
    Attached Thumbnails Google Tracking!!!-225713.jpg  
    zephyr613 likes this.
    11-07-16 10:12 PM
    I allow this myself as I'm a local guide. I have free 1tb storage from them for 2 years...
    11-07-16 10:21 PM
    This isn't new. I turned it off when I first set up my Priv
    11-09-16 02:14 AM
    I discovered this when I was out for a walk. Went past a KFC, and got a notification like "You've just passed a KFC, here's an ad." So I switched it off.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for um, Android
    ahmedhanif911 likes this.
    11-14-16 04:48 PM
    That's why I (dis)like android and google services.

Did you know that if deactivate all of the google crap on an android phone the battery lasts more 30% minimum?

Also facebook is a battery and data mining hogger.

Posted via CB10
    ahmedhanif911 and BB_PP like this.
    11-15-16 01:01 PM
    That's why I (dis)like android and google services.

Did you know that if deactivate all of the google crap on an android phone the battery lasts more 30% minimum?

Also facebook is a battery and data mining hogger.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe, but then you would lose some of the best features of Android.

Google Now, real-time traffic alerts, Voice Assistant, backups, remote find and kill-switch, etc.
    11-15-16 01:06 PM

Google Now, real-time traffic alerts, Voice Assistant, backups, remote find and kill-switch, etc.
    .....and privacy!!!

Posted via CB10
    BB_PP, ssbtech and anon(3641385) like this.
    11-16-16 11:57 PM
    .....and privacy!!!

Posted via CB10
    Honestly if someone wanted to know your location it wouldn't be hard to figure out. People are so worried about google accessing their location yet I can name five people that still carry their social insurance card in their wallets. It's ridiculous. Basically what I'm trying to say is in 2016, we've all filled out something online that has our personal information, it's inevitable. And therefore it's there forever. If someone wanted to access your location they could anyways. And realistically in my opinion, so what. If google knows I'm at Starbucks, cool, come join me for a coffee!! It really doesn't bother me.
    ams083 likes this.
    11-17-16 12:37 AM
    Honestly if someone wanted to know your location it wouldn't be hard to figure out. People are so worried about google accessing their location yet I can name five people that still carry their social insurance card in their wallets. It's ridiculous. Basically what I'm trying to say is in 2016, we've all filled out something online that has our personal information, it's inevitable. And therefore it's there forever. If someone wanted to access your location they could anyways. And realistically in my opinion, so what. If google knows I'm at Starbucks, cool, come join me for a coffee!! It really doesn't bother me.
    Let's be clear.... it's not about Google simply accessing your location and such.... it's about the fact that they will access all your information, determine patterns, etc.... and sell it off to other companies.

You may be comfortable about it all, but many of us aren't.

I value my privacy and don't liked being tracked or monitored.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-16 01:31 AM
    Thank you. I was wondering how it knew everywhere I was going. It was spooky
    11-17-16 04:18 AM

Poison is poison! Doesn't matter sweet or bitter. This is same as having a HIV after steaming sex
    falbo likes this.
    11-17-16 04:21 AM
    Poison is poison! Doesn't matter sweet or bitter. This is same as having a HIV after steaming sex
    Hmmm... No wonder almost everyone avoided BB10 like the plague.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    11-17-16 06:22 AM
    It's carrier features (verizon if I recall correctly?) Not Google
    11-17-16 06:32 AM
    Let's be clear.... it's not about Google simply accessing your location and such.... it's about the fact that they will access all your information, determine patterns, etc.... and sell it off to other companies.

Posted via CB10
    Meh. BlackBerry does that as well. Read and understand their Terms and Conditions/Privacy Policy.
    http://us.blackberry.com/legal/privacy-policy.html
    11-17-16 06:34 AM

Posted via CB10
    Google does not provide identifying information to any third party.
    11-17-16 06:43 AM
    How come some people here are worried about Google tracking them and not their carrier.

only in crackberry
    ams083 likes this.
    11-18-16 10:42 AM
    How come some people here are worried about Google tracking them and not their carrier.

only in crackberry
    Pfft, this is CrackBerry, get that logic out of here!
    johnny_bravo72, Pcmx and ams083 like this.
    11-18-16 10:44 AM

Posted via CB10
    It's not just google though, the cell companies have a record of your location every time you use your device to make a call or use the internet. I worked on a project to data mine this information for target marketing for dynamic billboards. All the information came form the carriers. We could determine where people lived, where they worked, and where they regularly traveled to. They did not give us customer names but i'm sure they have them if they want to use them.

You want privacy don't use a phone or the internet.
    Uzi and ams083 like this.
    11-18-16 11:42 AM

I guess that's a matter of opinion on if that's the best. I use maps occasionally. Other than that I have that intrusive crap turned off
    DetritalGeo likes this.
    11-18-16 01:36 PM
    I guess that's a matter of opinion on if that's the best. I use maps occasionally. Other than that I have that intrusive crap turned off
    Well, fire up the string and cups then.
    ams083 likes this.
    11-18-16 03:42 PM
    Well, fire up the string and cups then.
    Lol its not quite that bad. I don't need to let Google backup everything I do. Prefer that they dont
    11-18-16 03:56 PM
    Android mainly consists of tracking and advertising. When I set up a new Android device 90 percent of the work is opting out. Whether it's a stock or a third party app... Sad but true.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-16 09:16 AM
    Yup, and it feels great, lol
    11-19-16 09:25 AM
    These features are not good trust me for your mind and human nature, if they see your patterns and that you enjoy coffee at starbucks they will always show you coffee adverts relating to it.
    This way your brain is fed the same things over and over limiting you not only in coffee but life, If you stop these location based or friendly adverts in life your brain can take in, explore and maybe experience better things.

It is not good to be one minded it's sometimes good to see what else is out there and not be blind.

Typical example always being a blackberry user without trying other phones. By the way not saying Blackberry is bad compared to others but you should know why you prefer it not just use it without knowing the facts about other phones like Samsung, LG or iphone.
    11-23-16 09:08 PM
51 123